• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Top 5 Dream Fighters For a Smash 6

Felixman128

Smash Rookie
So, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate recently concluded its run of DLC. I honestly lost track of the time! Despite it all being over, we got quite a few awesome characters with this game, and in celebration, I'm going to list 5 fighters that I would like to see in the next Smash entry- if it comes to be. (These are in no particular order.)

5. Paper Mario (or Starlow)

There are already a lot of Mario fighters in the game. So much so, that it is almost overcrowded. Although, if they were to add another addition to the Mario Smash roster, I would want an RPG rep! Yeah, I know Waluigi is a popular character, and I may receive hate for this, but... I don't really see the need for him in smash. Yes, he could represent the sports and kart racing titles, but other than that, he's kinda just a roster-filler for a couple Mario spinoffs.
Anyhoo, away from my controversial take, I think either Paper Mario from the Paper Mario series or Starlow from the Mario & Luigi series would be an awesome edition to the game! I am honestly surprised that Paper Mario has not already wiggled his way into the competition, considering his importance and impact on the Mario series. The Paper Mario games are arguably one of the best RPG series outside of traditional RPGs of all time. On a similar note, the Mario & Luigi series has also made a significant name for itself in the gaming world- and one of the biggest original characters from the games is Starlow, the tutorial guide since the series' third entry. If I had to choose, my pick would be Paper Mario, but I would be more than okay with either character!

4. Jowee (Drawn to Life)

Lots of people who owned a Nintendo DS during the late 2000's probably remember the Drawn to Life series, a third party duology about drawing your own characters and objects, with the real "draw" being the series' compelling and dark narrative with religious undertones. The game's main protagonist was drawn by the player (or could be considered the human character Mike who plays heavily into the story), but many also remember the adventure-loving fox and face of the Raposa species, Jowee! Jowee is arguably a mascot of the games in his own right, appearing prominently in every story, box art, and title screen of the canon games. Jowee can utilize the game's varied weapons, from swords to space guns, and even have the ability to throw snowballs as a reference to the snowball minigame from the first game. In my opinion, Jowee would be the best pick for the franchise due to his significance, although I see why people consider the "creation hero" more as a fighter. Although I would be happy with any Drawn to Life rep, I feel as though I would rather have Jowee than the hero, as after playing the games for such a long time, the draw of creating my own heroes has kinda worn off on me (there is also already a Smash fighter named "Hero" as well.) Still, despite the series not having as much relevance nowadays with the failed Drawn to Life: Two Realms, I would still love to see the little rapo in Smash for his legacy alone!

3. Chibi-Robo

It's pretty clear that us Chibi-Robo fans (all 7 of us) looked way too far into that infamous Twitter post that Nintendo made back in 2018. Still, that didn't stop me from ultimately being disappointed that this guy isn't in Smash! Chibi-Robo! is a franchise that was largely jipped by Nintendo, with the Big N neglecting the franchise and starving it of essentials that are necessary for a series to fully nurture. Nintendo's largest attempt to push this little guy (although ending in failure) came in 2015's Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash, a 2D platformer that is dead-set on rocketing the character into gaming relevancy. The most it did, however, was give Chibi-Robo his impressive new plug-whip abilities. With Nintendo's insistence of the success of Zip Lash (going as far as to give him his own amiibo), I figured they would at least put him in Ultimate. Alas, I walked away from the reveal trailer a sad, Chibi-Roboless man. Still, he DID surprisingly have a presence in the game, in the form of a spirit in the game's adventure mode.That has to be something, right? At the end of the day, if Nintendo can pull off something similar to Chibi's fantastic appearance in Super Smash Flash 2, I would be a happy, Chibi-Roboful man instead.

2. Mr. AR (yes, really)

Yes, I HAVE lost my damn mind. After watching a certain video that pretty much sealed the deal on this childhood character for me, I was convinced that if Nintendo could pull in Wii Fit Trainer, they could FOR SURE give us a 3DS rep that is just as wacky.
Meet Mr. AR, the star of the underrated, fun, and imaginative AR Games; a free app that comes preinstalled with the Nintendo 3DS family of systems that provides the player with a variety of different Augmented Reality minigames. This little guy was at the center of it, appearing in fishing tournaments, battles against mighty dragons, and even quite possibly the strangest game of pool on the planet.
I grew up with the Nintendo 2DS- so perhaps I'm a wee bit bias, but I remember putting hours into the little AR microgames that came with my system. I know for a FACT that Nintendo could take this crazy collection of various activities and turn them into a Smash moveset!
Yes, I've just lost all credibility at this point, I'm aware. I'm not pro-Waluigi, I like Dr. Mario in Smash, and I'm wanting MR. AR of all characters. But we all have our unique opinions, right? If you have a particularly out-there character such as this that you'd like to see in the games, let me know!

1. Balloon Fighter

Villager should have a different recovery. There, I said it. I love that they referenced Balloon Fight for a small part of Villager's moveset, but it always made me feel as though they were trying to allude to Balloon Fighter as a Smash fighter, but were only willing to go half-way. It's time we fix that!
Yes, I'm aware this character was rejected by Sakurai before, and yes, I'm also aware that making a moveset for such a simple game is barbaric. But if the Ice Climbers could get one, so can this little fella! I personally love Balloon Fight, as well as its Nintendo Land counterpart Balloon Trip Breeze. Having the Balloon Fighter in Smash may be my biggest pipe dream, but I would sure be over the clouds if it happened.

CONCLUSION

What are your thoughts on my pics? Do you have any particular characters that are your dream inclusions? Do you have any oddball picks such as Mr. AR? Please tell me below! Also, if you disagree with my Waluigi statement, that's completely okay, but please don't send me a million hate comments for having a different opinion. Rather, give me the reasons you think he should be in Smash! Thank you for reading my list, and have a good day. :)

Top Bottom