• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My top 10 third party character choices: Rate, Comment, & Share

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
That tears it! "The Brawl Character Discussion" section needs to be brought back to life. It has no pulse. So, I'm going to single-handedly bring it back to existence with this hot new thread. It's my third party character pics for Brawl. Well, as we all know by now, there are only 2 spots left for the Brawl Roster (so says Sakurai). Who is deserving enough to get on the roster? Here are my top 10:

#1 Sonic the Hedgehog

He's fast, swift, & speedy. The hedgehog we all know & love (or hate) Sonic. I really want him on Brawl just for the fact that we're all waiting for the battle of all destined battles: Mario vs. Sonic! Now that will go in the history books baby!

# 2 Megaman X/EXE/O.G

The Maverick destroyer himself, Megaman. In my own personal opinion he is by far Capcom's greatest achievement to date. This is him in his Command Missions outfit for those who are curious. If he gets in, we'll welcome him in with open arms.

#3 Pac man

This guy would definately fit right in with Brawl's best fighters. He's classic, he's unique, & he has a score to settle with the residents of Mushroom Kingdom off the track.

# 4 Bass EXE

I can't believe someone actually made a thread of by far my favorite MegaMan anti-hero. Well anyway, Brawl needs a Capcom character that's completely obsessed with darkness. Brawl needs Bass EXE! I know I speak for all Bass EXE fans everywhere when I say that he doesn't require a strong fan base. His chances are slim, but Nintendo could surprise me by putting him on the game. If they don't, well, there's always SSBB part 4!

#5 Nightmare/Siegfried

Some people on this forum are saying that since Namco was nice enough to let Link get on a Soul Calibur platform then Nintendo should return the favor by doing the same thing. If this happens, this is the entity that I want to represent Soul Calibur. NIGHTMARE! He'll definately make us proud. Plus, he doesn't have that bad of a fan base, so why not add em?

# 6 MM Zero

It's Megaman's right hand man & partner in decapitating the bad guys: Zero. He is so deserving due to the fact that he's made special guest appearances in Capcom games such as: Omnimusha Blade Warriors, Megaman Battle Network 4, & SNK vs. Capcom Chaos. He also has the millions (and billions) of fans across the world! If he makes it into Brawl, I'll definately train with him 24 hours straight!

# 7 Shadow the Hedgehog

If Sonic is in it, you know good & well my boy Shadow should be all up in SSBB crib! Sega's bad boy is more than deserving to mix it up with the best of them in Brawl. Also, I would not complain if they just made him one of Sonic's Costumes. All I ask as that they Luigify his moveset.

#8 Kage Maru

If it can work for Solid Snake, then it can work for this guy as well. A character that no one would expect to make an appearance. Virtua Fighter's stealthy ninja would fit this category: Kage Maru. Ninja's rule & Brawl needs a tight shinobi!

#9 Jin Kazama
Yeah, I already know what your going to say: Not another Namco character! Sorry, but Jin Kazama ranks up there with the best of them so I added him to the list. Carrying Namco on his shoulders, Jin would be one of my favorite characters to pick on Brawl. His chances aren't that great, however, you've got to admit that adding him wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

#10 Soma Cruz

Why not show Konami more love by adding yet another character from there company. "Mr. Castlevania" himself, Soma Cruz. I think he'd make a nice rival for Legend of Zelda's "Link" cause they both look like chick magnets. In my own personal opinion, he'd own Link. Soma Cruz > Link.

Well, that's my top 10 in a nutshell. I really hope & pray that this topic alone will bring this character discussion back from the grave with avengence! Post your comments, arguements, suggestions, etc. here.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok since there can only be 2 more 3rd parties...
Sonic and megaman
sonic is self-explainatory (spell it rite?) and megaman has to b original, if u put bass.exe it wouldnt make sense it likc addin knuckles an not megaman, like addin gray fox but not snake, also the original is far more popular among gamers, and has to be in it...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm just sayin if Sega never contacts Nintendo that we would have to look at alternate. We have to have a Plan B. I want Sonic & Megaman on the game just as much as everyone else. I'm just sayin that we have to look at the worse case scenario.

P.S: I hate the fact that Sakurai wants only 2 more third party characters. The limit should be at least 5! I know it's a Nintendo thing, but c'mon.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Too many Sonic characters. Too many fighting game characters. Too many Megaman characters. I disagree with 70% of your ideas.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
NO F**KING SHADOW. Sonic can get in, I'm alright with that as he has a decent past of good games, but Shadow doesn't fit in SSBM. He's a Sonic clone who uses guns and vehicles, and Sakurai doesn't want clones or real life guns, so he's just a Sonic clone now. I'd say he has powerful chaos attacks but they took those away from him in exchange for guns, so he aint getting in. Not to mention other then Sonic fanboys noone likes him, especially Nintendo fans.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
There are a few I agree with, but more often than not I disagree. Here are my main complaints.

Shadow: No. Absolutely not. Even if they let more than one Sonic character on the game, chances are it will go to Tails or Knuckles. Maybe even Eggman. But Shadow? No.

Soma: If Konami sends a representitive of the Castlevania series, there is not a shade of doubt in my mind that they would send Simon Belmont. Soma has no chance at all.

Bass: Mega Man has a chance. X has a chance. Zero has a very slim chance. But Bass? No way.

Jin and Nightmare: I seriously doubt Nintendo would waste space in a Nintendo fighting game with actual fighting game characters. especially not represntitives of Tekken (Jin) who is appearing on Tekken 5, exclusively for the PS3, and Nightmare, when SCIII only appeared on the PS2.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No offence, but I find all the characters you mentioned horrible, expect from PacMan, which I would like and Sonic which I would atleast accept. Classic Megaman should be up there.

And also, Shadow DOESN'T deserve being in Brawl. Being a wangster Sonic clone with a gun isn't enough to add him into a game of Nintendo All Stars. Maybe if Brawl turned out to be a Marvel vs Capcom clone game... Which I'd hate, and won't be happening anytime soon.

I'd also like to point out that Snake's addition to SSB isn't making 3rd party characters just as common as 1st or 2nd party ones... It's infact the opposite. And your pictures are too big...

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I disagree with most your list. (except sonic and pacman).

namco- pacman, or katamari
konami-snake
Taito-Bub & Bob (bubble bobble)
Capcom- Megaman (regular or X no EXE)
Square enix-Geno, and maby sora.
Sega-Sonic (tails and knuckels maby, but definitly not shadow).
Rare-Banjo-Kazooie

And seriously you posted huge pictures. :urg:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Alright guys, I've made all of my pictures smaller (except Pac-Man). Sorry about that. Heh heh, I can tell that this is gonna be a popular thread! So like others are doing when you post, show me some of your third party choices as well (and pictures wouldn't hurt none).

Blue Blazer

Smash Rookie
Just Sonic, the last 3rd party character I don't really care about. Megaman would be nice though.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
My list. No numbers, no pictures, just opinions

Sonic: I'm kinda 'meh' about him, but his move set could be fun
Megaman: I dunno why...but I don't think I want him in Brawl.
Simon Belmont: Castlevania represent!
Chrono: I would explode if he got in.....in a good way.
Rayman/Rabbids: These guys are just begging for a good time. Let em in!

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
P.S: I hate the fact that Sakurai wants only 2 more third party characters. The limit should be at least 5! I know it's a Nintendo thing, but c'mon.
I think the reason for that is because he wants to see if it will work or not in the game and doesn't want to over flow with third parties instead of nintendo.

1.Sonic
2.Megaman
3.Geno
4.Rayman
5.Black mage

The rest I can't think of.

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
Well mine....

1. Sonic the Hedgehog

2. Megaman

3. Pacman

4. Bomberman

5. Tails

6. Knuckles

7. Shadow

8. Zero

9. Simon Belmont

10. Rayman

Elen

Smash Lord
My top ten would be...
1. Sonic
2. Megaman
3. Geno
4. Bomberman
5. Rayman
6. Chrono
7. Simon Belmont
8. Pacman
9. Sora
10. Anyone else, just not Shadow xD.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOU! He's been bringing the franchise down for a while now.

Nightmare MIGHT could work since Namco used Link for Soul Calibur 2. I highly doubt it, though.

But I think the only 2 other 3rd parties shold be Sonic and Mega Man.
Now to think of it, Nightmare does seems like a somewhat good choice for a 2nd party game... SSB lacks evil characters, so it could probably work... He could be one of the slow, yet strong character that could out-beat Ganondorf...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Exactly, or an anti-hero like your avatar: Vincent Valentine. Of course, his chances are slim, but still it would be nice.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Now to think of it, Nightmare does seems like a somewhat good choice for a 2nd party game... SSB lacks evil characters, so it could probably work... He could be one of the slow, yet strong character that could out-beat Ganondorf...
If a large, knight type character was considered for Brawl, wouldn't Black Knight be a better choice? I dunno, Nightmare is "Eh", he's not a bad character, though I prefer using Cervantes, but still.. For Brawl? =/

Well, let's see.. top 10..

1) Sonic
2) Rayman
3) Geno
4) Ryu (Breath of Fire, NOT Street Fighter)
5) Megaman
6) Bomberman
7) Crono
8) Cless
9) Vyse
10) Mog (Squenix's mascot next to Chocobos and Black mage, but i'd prefer FF6s party character Mog, as he actually has attacks.. Mostly this is just making em up as I go)

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, Most of your charactures I think wouldn't fit in very well, anyways my list (Not who I want the most, but who I think would fit, and be selected for brawl).

1.Sonic (Sonic vs Mario event match would be awsome)
2.Megaman (would be interesting anyways, and many people want him, so he's my second choice, although I would personally reather have rayman or bman)
3.Rayman (He has a wii game and he's a very unique char, much better then sukapen)
4.Bomberman (a bomb char would be interesting)

Thats all I would like to be in, if they feel like they want any other 3rd party chars I think they would probably chose from...

Geno
Simon Belmont
Pacman

spazza

Smash Rookie
i like a few of the chars here but definatly (spelling ?) megaman. i think sonic is a char that is already in but secret because almost every on wants him

no to shadow and any other clones

in a new nitendo fan so i dont know a few of the chars here

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
My two choices are John Madden from the Madden games, & the ball from Pong.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
SONIC AND SOMA (or maybe Simon, or maybe Alucard)
Yes, finally someone supports Soma Cruz other than me & Alpha Noob. Heck, I think he's a good enough to make it into any fighting game, especially Smash! It may not be his right to be in the Brawl Roster, like Simon Belmont, but still he has a shot seeing how he's recent & all.

Top Bottom