• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Tier List (That is bad)

Do you agree with me or would you change it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raiderzombie

Smash Rookie
NNID
raiderz0mbie
So this is the tier list I made the other day. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot but lets get in the list. I will accept feedback.
S(Highest)
1.Sheik
2.Fox
3.Falco
4.Marth
5.Jigglypuff
6.Captain Falcon
7.Peach
8.Ice Climbers
9.Dr. Mario
A(High Balanced Tier)
10.Luigi
11.Samus
12.Pikachu
13.Ganondorf
14.Mario
15.Link
16.Roy
B(Balanced Tier)
17.Young Link
18.Yoshi
19.Donkey Kong
20.Zelda
21.Mr. Game & Watch
22.Kirby
C(Lowest Tier)
23.Mewtwo
24.Ness
25.Bowser
26.Pichu

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
Why is Bowser at the bottom when he clearly has some better options in contrast to Kirby and Pichu?

Why is Mario above characters like Doc,Samus,Luigi,and Ganon?

Falco below Marth? as biased as I may be, I don't think that's true.

This may be a basic understanding of character strength but it's obvious upon closer inspection that their are some things that could have been thought of more thoroughly. You might not even be wrong, you just have to prove you are right.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
There is an ongoing tier list discussion thread that is stickied.

There's a lot here there I'm sure many people will objectively disagree with such as Sheik being #1, and G&W, Mario, and Pichu's very odd placement.

You have Kirby about just where I think he belongs in the current meta based on actual results and his top/high tier match-ups. I wouldn't call him "balanced tier" at all, but he can go toe to toe with high tier - similar skilled players.

Bowser and Pichu should be at the bottom I think that is the consensus. People that haven't actually played a Bowser or even played as Bowser don't realize how easy his limited tools are to work around. Pichu has speeed but that's about it, his crap range and tech roll kills any hope of ever being viable and lends to un-winnable match-ups with common top tiers.

But then again most people haven't even played as any of the low /bottom tiers or against a competent main from those tiers....so really there is no point in even addressing their opinions and subsequent placements on these hypothetical personal tier lists.

Last edited:

raiderzombie

Smash Rookie
NNID
raiderz0mbie
Why is Bowser at the bottom when he clearly has some better options in contrast to Kirby and Pichu?

Why is Mario above characters like Doc,Samus,Luigi,and Ganon?

Falco below Marth? as biased as I may be, I don't think that's true.

This may be a basic understanding of character strength but it's obvious upon closer inspection that their are some things that could have been thought of more thoroughly. You might not even be wrong, you just have to prove you are right.
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with my older tier list but change it a bit

raiderzombie

Smash Rookie
NNID
raiderz0mbie
There is an ongoing tier list discussion thread that is stickied.

There's a lot here there I'm sure many people will objectively disagree with such as Sheik being #1, and G&W, Mario, and Pichu's very odd placement.

You have Kirby about just where I think he belongs in the current meta based on actual results and his top/high tier match-ups.

Bowser and Pichu should be at the bottom I think that is the consensus. People that haven't actually played a Bowser or even played as Bowser don't realize how easy his limited tools are to work around.

But then again most people haven't even played as any of the low /bottom tiers or against a competent main from those tiers....so really there is no point in even addressing their opinions and subsequent placements on these hypothetical personal tier lists.

It was difficult doing low tier because I had nothing to back up my opinions.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Why'd you post this list? Just to share opinions? Nothing wrong with that, as long as you're open to having your views challenged.

Roy is a ****-tier character. 2nd to bottom or bottom tier. He can dash-dance and has dtilt/side-b to actually have decent ground game, but on any stage with platforms he suffers from the fact that all of his aerials are absolute trash and simply cannot contest with anyone who will just not fall into his actually decent ground options. Any tanky floaty a la Peach, IC's, Ganon are like 100-0 MU's for Roy and it's really not like he does well against fast-fallers who know what they're doing.

CC as a mechanic hard counters Roy. His movement is fantastic, his options out of his movement are pretty mediocre.

Also, "balanced" tier is a misnomer. If by "balanced" you mean "very unlikely to see ever in tournament", then yes, that would be balanced I suppose.

Kirby probably should be lower, Pichu maybe higher just cuz recent talk says Pichu may be slightly less bad than previously thought.

Yoshi is probably way too low. Amsa + Leffen have done way too much work with the character for him not to be mid tier IMHO

Arguing that Sheik > Fox/Falco is ridiculously tough. Fox/Falco atm have shown themselves to have better tools for the meta. I could see Sheik making a comeback, but I honestly fail to see how Sheik deserves #1 spot at all. Marth has a better argument for it but even still I'd put him below Fox.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Why'd you post this list? Just to share opinions? Nothing wrong with that, as long as you're open to having your views challenged.

Roy is a ****-tier character. 2nd to bottom or bottom tier. He can dash-dance and has dtilt/side-b to actually have decent ground game, but on any stage with platforms he suffers from the fact that all of his aerials are absolute trash and simply cannot contest with anyone who will just not fall into his actually decent ground options. Any tanky floaty a la Peach, IC's, Ganon are like 100-0 MU's for Roy and it's really not like he does well against fast-fallers who know what they're doing.

CC as a mechanic hard counters Roy. His movement is fantastic, his options out of his movement are pretty mediocre.

Also, "balanced" tier is a misnomer. If by "balanced" you mean "very unlikely to see ever in tournament", then yes, that would be balanced I suppose.

Kirby probably should be lower, Pichu maybe higher just cuz recent talk says Pichu may be slightly less bad than previously thought.

Yoshi is probably way too low. Amsa + Leffen have done way too much work with the character for him not to be mid tier IMHO

Arguing that Sheik > Fox/Falco is ridiculously tough. Fox/Falco atm have shown themselves to have better tools for the meta. I could see Sheik making a comeback, but I honestly fail to see how Sheik deserves #1 spot at all. Marth has a better argument for it but even still I'd put him below Fox.
I'm actually curious where is this Pichu talk?

And give some explanation as to why Kirby should be lower. Leffen and Triple don't think so, and they actually play the character at a high level.
Pichu on the other hand has absolutely no results outside of joke matches and sandbagged friendlies. Having the worst overall range means you get beat at everything at high level, too limited and predictable. Has 2 unwinnable top tier MUs and gets CG to death by Ganon easier than Roy.

Yoshi is pretty much where he belongs right now. Way too many disadvantages to overcome his tech and options, wins right now are mostly attributed to MU ignorance. AmSa is amazing, but you will see him struggle against intermediate players who actually have played good Yoshis and have experience in dealing with the character.

Last edited:

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Pichu is pretty bad. I'm sure it has more than 2 unwinnable matchups. Ganons cg requires him to grab which is harder than you think without a worthwhile dashdance or the ability to grab crouching opponents.

That being said I myself would probably not even bother with anything below ganon and just declare them all unviable tier.

For the relevant characters I also don't quite agree with this list. Sheik struggles with fox puff and ics and has near even matchups with marth falco imo where fox only struggles with fox and has near even matchups with marth and falco. Yet sheik is #1 on this list. I'd also argue marth and falco > sheik for having no struggle matches but quite a few near even matchups.
I also think luigi/doc are roughly the same tier (maybe luigi slightly higher) but I wouldn't put doc with the s tiers and kick him down to the a tiers.

Me Lee

Smash Rookie
So ... did you just take the past tier lists and shuffle the order a little bit? This list is wildly inaccurate. Roy better than Yoshi? Sheik over spacies?

dietsnapple89

Smash Apprentice
Sheik isn't number 1 because her recovery is mediocre, her Down B is pretty much useless unless you like using Zelda, and her SideB chain is not very useful either. Only reason Sheik is a high tier is because her throws into aerials are so good against a majority of the cast.

raiderzombie

Smash Rookie
NNID
raiderz0mbie
So this is the tier list I made the other day. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot but lets get in the list. I will accept feedback.
S(Highest)
1.Fox
2.Falco
3.Sheik
4.Marth
5.Jigglypuff
6.Captain Falcon
7.Peach
8.Ice Climbers
9.Dr. Mario
A(High Balanced Tier)
10.Luigi
11.Samus
12.Pikachu
13.Ganondorf
14.Mario
15.Link
B(Balanced Tier)
16.Yoshi
17.Young Link
18.Roy
19.Donkey Kong
20.Zelda
21.Mr. Game & Watch
C(Lowest Tier)
22.Kirby
23.Mewtwo
24.Ness
25.Bowser
26.Pichu

raiderzombie

Smash Rookie
NNID
raiderz0mbie
I've decided that the tier list that's already being used is already good and this one made by is pretty bad.

Top Bottom