• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MY tier list for Brawl

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
Top Tier
Marth, MetaKnight, Fox, Zero Suit Samus

High Tier
Wolf, Diddy Kong, Poke'mon Trainer, Ike, Link, Toon Link, Olimar, Shiek

Middle Tier
Mario, Luigi, Lucas, Pikachu, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Wario, King Dedede, Pit, Falco, Lucario, R.O.B., Capt. Falcon

Low Tier
Mr. Game and Watch, Bowser, Ganondorf, DK, Sonic, Ness, Zelda, Snake

Bottom Tier

Peach, Yoshi, Samus, Jigglypuff

This tier list is based off of things I've heard and seen from people off of here, YouTube and Nintendo. This is my first tier list, and I'm not sure if this is the right place for every character, so don't flame me or call me a "noob" if I put one of your favorite characters lower than what you expected them to be. BUT, I don't want you to believe this 100%; it's not fact, just my opinions on the game's character ratings on a tier list; MY tier list.

So, what do you think? Did I do a bad job or a good job on making this? (Remember, it's my first tier list that I've EVER made!)

Mario161

Smash Cadet
I think ZSamus is a little to high. From what Sakurai seems to imply ZSamus seems to be more of a punishment then an actual character...

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
that list is so-so ,i dont really care about the tier system but it never hurts for someone to make hi own version ,but is still way to early to make a tier list even if you are making it of what you have seen ,anyway good job.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Stop making tier lists. It takes years to develop, and it may not even be right. Wait a couple weeks after the U.S. release.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to flame you and call you a noob for making a topic about something you have no idea about or have any control over. Lock & Obliterate plz. Thx.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
Let's see.....

1) Bad Tier List
2) Stop making Tier Lists
3) You haven't even played the game
4) >_>
First off, you can't read; I MADE THIS BASED ON WHAT I'VE SEEN AND HEARD FROM BRAWL VIDEOS AND REVIEWS ONLINE

second, you haven't even played the game either, so you have NO room to talk, so STFU

third, this is my FIRST TIER LIST; telling me to "stop making tier lists" doesn't make sense.

fourth, what's so bad about this tier list anyways? you haven't posted on how bad it was (E.g. character placement)

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
Who are you and why should we care what you think? You have no credentials.
You obviously don't

I'm going to flame you and call you a noob for making a topic about something you have no idea about.
I do have an idea of what I'm talking about, idiot. Otherwise, why in the WORLD would I make this topic? You're just another mindless-robot who follows other members of SmashBoards and suck their balls clean. Pathetic.

Zss???

Lmfao No Wai!
As I said PREVIOUSLY; from what I'VE SEEN AND HEARD, SHE SEEMS LIKE A TOP TIER CHARACTER! CAN'T YOU READ?
wtf at Peach bottom tier.

Well, sorry if I hurt your feelings, mate, but It's what I've gathered about her that put her there in the bottom.

i dont think anyone can make an accurate tier list without actually having played the game
True, but this is a list based off of WHAT I'VE HEARD AND WHAT I'VE SEEN from the videos and reviews of Brawl.

Gah, can't ANYONE read before they post?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
First off, you can't read; I MADE THIS BASED ON WHAT I'VE SEEN AND HEARD FROM BRAWL VIDEOS AND REVIEWS ONLINE
You're basing it off reviews? What competitive player with insight into competitive Smash has made an online review? Those reviews are made by n00bs who probably thought Roy was better than Marth in Melee.

Also, nothing in his post contradicts anything you said. He's obviously read your post as he knows you haven't played the game.

second, you haven't even played the game either, so you have NO room to talk, so STFU
Yes he can. Because he didn't make a tierlist.

I have played the game. Trust me, it's wrong. Whose words are you taking, anyway? The words of Random People Who've Played the Game? I can put a n00b who's never played Smash before before Brawl and they'll probably declare Sonic Top Tier or something equally ludicrous. Always pay attention to what and who your source(s) is/are.

third, this is my FIRST TIER LIST; telling me to "stop making tier lists" doesn't make sense
It's an imperative to all forumgoers, not just you. "[People!] Stop making tier lists!".

fourth, what's so bad about this tier list anyways? you haven't posted on how bad it was (E.g. character placement)
Because you haven't even played the game? Because you're basing it partly on reviews by probably IGN and other ****ty sources for competitive Smash knowledge? Because you haven't played the game? And did I mention: Because you haven't played the game?

pirkid

Smash Lord
Fine. I'll be of some support.

From the looks of it, the list is a very good indicator of character balance. The good characters and bad characters, It's not a tier list per se, but more of a "Brawl doesn't look as balanced as you think" list.

I like it. Don't get down from the flamers here.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
I KNOW that i DIDN'T PLAY THE GAME! Sweet Jesus!

And as to where I got my sources, I've already posted them; WHY THE **** WOULD I GO TO IGN? That web-site sucks

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
Fine. I'll be of some support.

From the looks of it, the list is a very good indicator of character balance. The good characters and bad characters, It's not a tier list per se, but more of a "Brawl doesn't look as balanced as you think" list.

I like it. Don't get down from the flamers here.
Thanks mate, I just wanted some comment besides Flaming me, so thanks again.

Papytendo

Smash Rookie
» Smash World Forums » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » General Brawl Discussion

Yoshi at bottom tier? Yoshi was one of the better characters and always will be, and same thing with Jigglypuff.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
By no means am I attempting to flame you. I want to explain something to you.
You have no idea though if the players were complete morons and the reviewers were unfairly bias. Until a huge majority actually play the game here, we'll have very little clue as to who is good and bad.

No we haven't, neither have you and you made a tier list, which we haven't done. No one will be able to derive a successful one until the game is out.

third, this is my FIRST TIER LIST; telling me to "stop making tier lists" doesn't make sense.
I hope this movie has no sequal... "Stop making tier lists" is to stop people with no impression on how the game PLAYS to stop making tier lists.

Tier lists aren't bad, but this is a bad tier list. And every single tier list until everyone plays the game will be bad. It will take MONTHS for the people higher up to decide who is top tier
In short, Videos and reviews will only take you through the skin of the game. people will need to play it to find the hidden depth in each charictor.

EDIT: ****. Someone beat me

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Look...You can't make up a tier list. A tier list is not a matter of opinion. It's fact. A tier list is a list of which characters win the most in recored tournament play. Making up a tier list is like making up a weather report.

'It's going to be sunny tomorrow, because I think Sun is better than rain, personally.'

Does that make any sense?

I'm going to link you to a more complete definition of the tier list. Gimme a second.

-Edit-

Okay, here. This thread will describe where tiers come from, and what they mean.

If you don't understand what I'm trying to tell you, then I'll try to explain it more clearly for you. Just ask.

Cpt_EJ

Smash Cadet
True, but this is a list based off of WHAT I'VE HEARD AND WHAT I'VE SEEN from the videos and reviews of Brawl.

Gah, can't ANYONE read before they post?
If you're angry at ppl disrespecting your tier list then why did you make one in the first place? Not only that, but why would you do it on what you've seen and heard? (which is purely second hand experience therefore not accurate and frowned upon)

Bajef8

Smash Ace
wtf at Peach bottom tier.
i know lmao right? :laugh:

at the idiot whose tier list (or fan list as i see it), have you even seen a competitive video of peach in melee or brawl? she is high tier in melee and still pretty well up on the list for brawl based on matches I HAVE PLAYED with her.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i dont like ur tier list.... iif u want to argue it go to the official tier list disscusion in the tournament section

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Do people here fully understand that tier lists aren't just things made at random? Any given tier list in melee was a reflection of where characters stood in the current metagame. As there is no metagame for brawl right now, all tier lists are meaningless and usually just equate to popularity. STOP MAKING TIER LISTS.

Top Bottom