• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Thumbs are weak, how to get stronger thumbs ?

D

Deleted member

Get a rubber band, put it in between both of your thumbs, and keep stretching the band. You'll have stronk thumbs in no time.

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Uh I would just participate in a lot of thumb wars. Or play some Mario Party? I think this thread is kind of pointless.

Last edited:

Kane49

Smash Rookie
Get a rubber band, put it in between both of your thumbs, and keep stretching the band. You'll have stronk thumbs in no time.
I just shot a rubber band at someone in my lecture, shouldve though about that more ^^ Ill get a stronger band and try again, thanks :)!

Uh I would just participate in a lot of thumb wars. Or play some Mario Party?
Never in my life have i done such a thing O_o Might explain my sissy thumbs but im pretty sure challenging people to thumb battles comes off as crazy at best ^^

Last edited:

NivinyaFate

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fate684
3DS FC
2423-4511-5468
If you have a horizontal bar you can drape a towel over, lift your body weight (or as much as you can) for 30 seconds by gripping the towel, rest, and repeat 2 more times. In the future when that gets easy you can either thicken the towel (add a second towel if it's not long enough to fold over a second time) or switch to holding yourself with a single hand. This will exercise your thumbs better than grip exercisers like the one pictured above and can allow you to progress more depending on if you just want it for gaming or if you have other goals that can benefit from improved grip strength.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Give people a lot of thumbs up! It'll give you strong thumbs and a lot of positive reactions.

Well really, if you think you need stronger thumbs, then train them like any other muscle. You need to stress them repeatedly.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
Strong thumbs may not be a good idea, people have been breakng their 3DS circle pads from playing too hard.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Just keep playing games

Last edited:

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
-attach weights to rubber band
-put thumbs in rubber band
-lift.

On a more serious note, just do STUFF. Going through any daily process can help.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Play lots of video games. It'll get better over time. Thumb war, and grip-based contests, are also good.

Top Bottom