• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my sonic vids

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
The vids are funny :) 'Course, I could just be saying that, because I'm in them ;)

SONIC 4 TOP TIER!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Sounds like your friends don't like Sonic much. All they do is rip on him.
Trust me, if you play as Sonic you'll soon understand why. I'm a HUGE Sonic fan though so I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE UP ON THE BLUE BLUR. Also, I've only played about 200 matches, so I'm still not nearly experienced enough to make too many assumptions. From what I've experienced, sonic's b-air is his number 1 finisher followed by fsmash. b-air IMHO is easier to hit with even though his fsmash can kill at lower %.

The average %'s (ranges I've seen ppl survive to) on final D of his killing moves are fsmash 115-150%, b-air 125-155%, dsmash 135-175%, u-air u-throw b-throw f-air ~200%. I usually don't even go in for the kill untill my opponent is around 150% this is because my opponents' survivability at 140% with any of my kill moves is about 85% whereas at 150% their survivability is about 10%

With Sonic's dash attack doing 2-5% a hit and barely any moves doing over 20%, you have to hit your enemy quite a number of times before you can go in for the kill. I played Sonic for about 6 hours straight and Switched to Pit and Marth for a little bit and felt like a god among men. Then again shiek was top tier for quite some time in melee b4 fox and falco took over. Who knows, maybe Pit will be top tier for a while until we find an amazing combo with Sonic. I'm thinking there could be some sick combos with his forward b, I've already personally done about 50% in one combo that started with a forward b spin, although It was probably partly luck.

If you watch the Diddy video you hear one of my friends say they are anti-sonic, but shortly after this video my friends all played 1v1s against me sonic vs. sonic and all had a much higher respect for the difficulty of playing as sonic.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids, Im not giving up on Sonic so fast either :]
hopefully hes better than he sounds though :o
even then, he's still bad ***

shortwanabelaker

Smash Journeyman
very good sonic... but vid quality sux so it was annoying watching them

altho one of the best sonics ive seen, u actually use his ground speed unlike most others who try to play him like fox falco from melee

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I wanna play at least as good as you guys (love the Smash games, but Melees speed took a downfall for my reign over 64...), the videos are HILARIOUS! It reminds of me playing with my fiends soo much!

"Oh my God, doesn't it overcharge!?"-Dedede fight

Hilarious!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nice vid's, and usually I hate when people leave in the commentary... but you guys are hilarious. Sounds just like when me and my friends act like idiots.

"Sonic the Edgehog? Ha. Funny. Are you original?"

The part where everyone in the room said "your mom" was funny too. Good stuff.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
New video uploaded. This is a video of gviper. He was talkin some crap to my friend that plays Ike and we all took turns beating him into the ground. While this is wi-fi and it does look quite seemless, let me warn you that it is not. There is about a half a second of startup lag on everything that you do, it's not as lag free as it looks.

ITT vs. Gviper

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
New video uploaded. This is a video of gviper. He was talkin some crap to my friend that plays Ike and we all took turns beating him into the ground. While this is wi-fi and it does look quite seemless, let me warn you that it is not. There is about a half a second of startup lag on everything that you do, it's not as lag free as it looks.

ITT vs. Gviper
You haven't experienced Lag sir until you've played Guilty Gear on xbox live.

Good lord was that broken.

Top Bottom