• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Philosophy

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I'm new and stuff, whatever. I came to talk about my strategy and stuff. If you see like, a problem or something, please point it out.

Basically before I start, this may be character-wise. For example, if you have a high-tier character like Fox or Falco, some of these may not go into effect. But a low-tier, I think they should keep note of these.

The Clock Stance
This was something I thought up of, of course I may not be the first one, but yeah.

This strategy is basically a outreach of the thing that planes use, the 12'O clock thing.

It's hard to put in words. So basically vision your character in the center of a clock, and the numbers of the clock are surrounding him or her. Say(please tell me if this doesn't show up right):

12 1
11 2
10 You 3
9 4
8 5
7 6

Yeah, it's a horrible chart, but it pretty much shows what this is. If an opponent is coming at you from say, the 3, you know the guy is coming from the right. If it's 12, this dude isn't coming in front of you, he's right above you (you can set him up for a smash, prehaps.)

The most dangerous things in this strategy are the 7, 6, and 5. I think these positions are overlooked. Yeah, if you're on the ground or something if someone is at your 6 it means there about to fall. Say if you're attacking someone from their 12, which means they end up as your 6. This is where you need to pick up. If this guy jumps, you can smash them meteor, but they could have the momentum to KO you. This is what I call Death From Below.
I think it's possible to avoid DFB, as long if you keep this Clock in handy.

I sure hope this helps, SmashBoards. ~Pariah

Razed

Smash Ace
I dunno what you're trying to say, but it sounds interesting, so make a big nice diagram of the clock =p

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
well i thought about this too, but in the end everyone kinda has the clock in their head, but i think its just subconsience.ya know?

pdk

Smash Lord
the clock analogy just complicates the explanation

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
I think he is just trying to explain something that we keep in our heads usually, but don't think about consciously. And hey- at least this mindgames topic (it sort of is anyway) is something new, not like the billion other "how not to get mindgame'd" topics out there.

Top Bottom