• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner Presents: Lucas Combos!

While the newest DLC characters have not even been out for a month yet, Smashers everywhere have been quick to find their combos. Join My Smash Corner as they teach some of Lucas' best combos. This video covers many aspects of Lucas' combo game such as his many locks, kill setups, and grab combos.

For more tutorials from My Smash Corner, check out their YouTube channel where they have tutorials such as Luigi D-throw Combos, Perfect Pivoting Tutorial, and more.

Pokemon64ism is excited to see how Lucas mains will implement these combos in their play. You can follow him on Twitter here.

Comments

Cool vid! I've always wondered if Lucas really is on par with Ness or better. This video convinces me he's definitely got some potential.

This just in: The MOTHER kids have been confirmed to be on the war path of revenge after Brawl.

Citizens are advised to lock their doors and not to use any energy projectiles.

Wow all these 2 hit combos are so hype. I better go buy a Wii U right away.

I miss 64 ness... DJC gave you so many combo options.

I also miss when "combo" applied to a longer chain than downthrow nair or uptilt up tilt ... lame.

Last edited:
I love how so many nairs are multhit in smash 4, to give the illusion that combos exist beyond 1-2 hit strings.

It's like everyone has mewtwos nair from melee, where as a good ol fashioned sex kick is always better.

I love how so many nairs are multhit in smash 4, to give the illusion that combos exist beyond 1-2 hit strings.

It's like everyone has mewtwos nair from melee, where as a good ol fashioned sex kick is always better.
Lucas Fair counts as a sex kick doesn't it? But I don't consider multi hit as combo either they at least need to make combos/strings like 4-6 hits that aren't the same move *cough* sheik and Luigi *cough* to speed up the game. but it's still fun to play competitively just wish the game were at least 10 percent faster

Wow all these 2 hit combos are so hype. I better go buy a Wii U right away.

I miss 64 ness... DJC gave you so many combo options.

I also miss when "combo" applied to a longer chain than downthrow nair or uptilt up tilt ... lame.
Combos have always been 2 or more hits and Lucas doesn't have the most exciting combos but he does have some nice strings and followups he can do.

Combos have always been 2 or more hits and Lucas doesn't have the most exciting combos but he does have some nice strings and followups he can do.
I know what the definition of a combo is, but what I'm saying is in smash 4 2 hit-3 hit combos are pretty standard compared to long strings (except shieks fair fair fair fair fair fair or wtv)

In smash 64 combos could literally be 10-20 hits legitiematly even with the person having good DI.

In melee it's possible to do 8-10 hit combos, mostly with falco mind you, but it's pretty difficult.. yet still possible. And if you count chainthrows as combos then you can do a huge combo against fox with marth on FD...

And now you're lucky to see more than 3 hits chained together.

All I'm saying is the hype that was the combo system in smash brothers has been getting steadily worse since smash 64, just what I've noticed.

Question: Does anybody ever manage to purposely land footstools in an actual battle?
I find it extremely hard to do a footstool on my opponent and the ones I've gotten have usually happened by accident and off stage.

Top Bottom