• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my sheik (Sheik vids inside)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You're not very quick, and extremely direct about your approach. Looks like SHP was beating you on basic mindgames and CCing alone, since he didn't do much of combos with Mario. Nice punishment on Mario's third stock in Game 2.

Luigi is a difficult matchup for Sheiks unfamiliar with it. He has quick aerials and ridiculous priority, so if you're not fast enough you're going to trade at best and get interrupted with something that KOs you at worst. Don't mindlessly approach or you'll eat hits a lot. Learn how to stay back a little, and work on not always attacking in a predictable manner.

mffns

Smash Cadet
When you say "be faster", do you mean fast fall and l-cancel more?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Not much to go on, since your friend doesn't seem very good with Link and Sheik destroys Link anyway. No chaingrabs?

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Off the top of my head, I'm gonna go with more grabs, less dash attacks, and mix up your approach a little bit. Less predictability.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I think they mean wavedash and dash dance a bit more. I too am a Sheik player and I'm pretty fast/decent. I have matches of her up right now on youtube that should be able to help you. I might post them up soon. But if you want them now...let me know. ^^;

All the best with your training.

mffns

Smash Cadet
I would love to see matches of you Miggz. Post em up asap.
And thanks everyone for all the tips and whatnot. But i still got a problem, my approaches. Like you guys said, "Be less direct with your approaches". So does anyone have any tips on how to approach my opponents better?

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
needle-related approaches are good too. jump in the air and charge needles, then you can do a few things: you can fire the needles and get a needle grab off of it (even if he shields), or you can cancel the needles and jump again, or you can cancel the needles and go into an ariel, or you can cancel the needles and just back off.

It allows for it's good share of mindgames. especially if your opponent assumes the "back off" approach and does a smash while your 2nd jumping. then, when the smash is lagging out, you come down with an ariel.

And even if you can't find the open spot for a while, your charging needles, so next time you use them, if you hit its a free 16-18 percent.

Mix this approach up with some wavedashing and dash dancing and such and your opponent will have to consider alot when you come at him.

Hope that helps,

~Kenpachi

Top Bottom