• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Roster Prediction is Better than Yours

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
A MARIO newcomer sorry?
How could anyone want more than there was in melee?
Mario, Luigi, Dr Mario, Peach, and Bowser?
Why can't people get over the fact that characters like Kamek and Geno can't come in, otherwise they may as well call it "Super Mario Bros Brawl"
How about fair reps? If the Mario series has say 5 characters in Brawl, surely Metroid, which is nearly as important, should have 3 or 4 or 5 too?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
K. Rool, I agree with.

However, Geno, I don't like it that he's not on your list.

- A musician from Square-Enix, working on Brawl, specifically one that helped composed Geno's theme "Forest Maze", the exact one which was requested in the journal
- Confusion over Megaman's inclusion, Geno's probably the most likely third party at this point
- High on polls, Sakurai's shown interest

And you have only four Mario unlockables. Chances are, Mario series getting 6 reps this time around, seeing as the Doc's most likely gone, and it's fair to say they'd get one more character than the previous installment. He's not a given character, but it's unfair to say his chances are bad at the same time.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
People are forgetting that Wario (while he has his own franchise) is still very much a part of the Mario universe. Thus even if he does not share a logo, he still represents the Mario series.

Yoshi also has games that share the Mushroom Kingdom as the storyline backdrop and almost all his games include Mario.

So you could argue that there are 6 Mushroom Kingdomers in already as playable characters.

The characters from the Mario universe I can see getting play are two: Geno (even if he would have the Square icon as his symbol) and Wart.

Wart has not been used much since Mario 2. It would be awesome dragging him out for a fight. Most of his moves would need to be made up so he would have high potential to be creative. Plus he can be considered Retro.

Also I must say I think Marth is out. Ike didn't take as many moves from Marth as Lucas did from Ness, but he took enough where Marth would just be repetitive. Just a trade of strength for speed. Plus why announce a character as the first in the series on a dojo when it is not the main representative unless they are out. For example, Ness reprsents Earthbound in Smash. But Lucas was announced before him. Marth represents the Fire Emblem series in Smash, but Ike was announced before him. See a pattern?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
People are forgetting that Wario (while he has his own franchise) is still very much a part of the Mario universe. Thus even if he does not share a logo, he still represents the Mario series.

Yoshi also has games that share the Mushroom Kingdom as the storyline backdrop and almost all his games include Mario.

So you could argue that there are 6 Mushroom Kingdomers in already as playable characters.

The characters from the Mario universe I can see getting play are two: Geno (even if he would have the Square icon as his symbol) and Wart.
They both represent their own series, so they don't affect the amount of playable Mushroom Kingdom series characters. Yoshi could get another rep from his series, such as Kamek, and Wario could also get another rep from his series, namely and most likely Ashley. Sakurai doesn't count their series corresponding to the Mario series.

And by the by, even if Geno is added as a 3rd party character, Sakurai had him under the "Super Mario" series in the melee polls, showing that he considers him 1st. He'd still have the Mario symbol if added, seeing as he's a part of the Marioverse, and has been in no game outside of it.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Geno fo' sure needs to be added.
Wind Waker Link also needs to be added. While many people say his look isn't right for Smash, may I introduce you to Mr. Game and Watch? How about a little Snake? Everyone thought they weren't going to mesh with Smash.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Also I must say I think Marth is out. Ike didn't take as many moves from Marth as Lucas did from Ness, but he took enough where Marth would just be repetitive. Just a trade of strength for speed. Plus why announce a character as the first in the series on a dojo when it is not the main representative unless they are out. For example, Ness reprsents Earthbound in Smash. But Lucas was announced before him. Marth represents the Fire Emblem series in Smash, but Ike was announced before him. See a pattern?
I agree, but prepare to get flamed, because I have to say that to the Marth supporters, these will all sound like flimsy arguments. I wouldn't say he's out, but he's not as likely as people make him sound, either. Probably 50/50.

Though I guess there's no -good- reason to get rid of him other than out with the old, in with the new, which is good enough for me.

Weeell

Mario - No new reps? No way.

Wario - No second rep for this currently extremely popular series?

Pokémon - Dropping Mewtwo? No.

Star Fox - I think the universe would explode if SF got as many xcharacters as Zelda.

Zelda - No new Zelda reps? No.

Link
Zelda (Sheik)
Ganondorf

Others - You need to include Animal Crosser, and more obscure reps.

You have way too much support with SF, Mother, and DK over Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Add Mega Man and Balloon Fighter. Really, what other 3rd party character could make it in instead of him? Unless they count Geno, who has a good chance...

I wish BF were possible, but there's no way they'd not give him a stage. And even if they used The Summit for him, it'd be silly, right? I mean, the level wouldn't really be a combo of the two series, since everything BUT the fish has nothing to do with BF.

Top Bottom