• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My roster of perfection.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
Ive been working on this for months! What do you think?

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Midna
Ganondorf
Fox
Krystal
Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
Ridley
Ike
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Lucas
Capitan Falcon
Capitan Olimar
Tom Nook
Pit
Styler (if your curious, ask me about him)
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
Sonic
Geno

Tell me tips or compliments. It is exactly 40 characters, like sakurai said he wanted.

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
There is a significant lack of dark samus XD. Tom nook is deconfirmed. geno, despit popularity is so lesser I've never heard of him until recently, and is third party, shiek is almost definitely out, especially as a zelda transformation, considering she's in the TP style. Wind waker link i think is more likely than midna. Starfox had two character last time. If good ol' kirbs gets three, than fox should too. Wolf or falco uncloned would fit the bill.

btw: who is styler?

Cinder

Smash Master
It's actually fairly reasonable...but it belongs in my thread >_>...

EDIT: No Megaman? Don't necessarily count Geno as third party...
No Falco? >_>
Who the hell is Styler? Is this some kind of joke?

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Get rid of tom nook and Styler, add one more mario, zelda and star fox rep.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sakurai never said he wanted only 40 characters, Tom Nook is deconfirmed, you only have Krystal and no other Star Fox rep, you only have Lucas and if it took you months to do this, you're really slow.
Tom Nook hasn't been deconfirmed yet. If that's the case so is the Animal Crosser.

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
For the most part it's pretty good...though I would add King K. Rool to the list but that's just me

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
how on earth would anyone sincerely WANT Bowser Jr.???

Tom Nook hasn't been deconfirmed yet. If that's the case so is the Animal Crosser.
Also, Tom Nook is deconfirmed. He's in the background of the AC stage. Animal Crosser still has a chance though- a very, very, very, VERY slim one

EPX2

Smash Ace
how on earth would anyone sincerely WANT Bowser Jr.???

Also, Tom Nook is deconfirmed. He's in the background of the AC stage. Animal Crosser still has a chance though- a very, very, very, VERY slim one
Animal Crosser is generic, Tom Nook isn't, he's on the stage, he's not going to be playable.
Have you both forgotten about Fox's secret taunt on Corneria? Because that technically makes Falco both a playable character and a background character in the same game. And let's not forget the Samurai Shodown 2 issue I brought up the last time I discussed this with you, vesperview (Kuroko). Tom Nook hasn't been deconfirmed. Do I think he'll be playable? No. But he still has a shot.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Have you both forgotten about Fox's secret taunt on Corneria? Because that technically makes Falco both a playable character and a background character in the same game. And let's not forget the Samurai Shodown 2 issue I brought up the last time I discussed this with you, vesperview (Kuroko). Tom Nook hasn't been deconfirmed. Do I think he'll be playable? No. But he still has a shot.
But he wasn't PHYSICALLY there...like Nook..

Arteen

Smash Lord
shiek is almost definitely out, especially as a zelda transformation, considering she's in the TP style.
There's nothing to support the idea that Sheik will be out because Zelda is in TP style. If you remember Melee's movesets, Zelda used Link's magic moves, Adult Link used a boomarang, and Young Link used fire arrows; none of that is canon. Zelda still seems to be using her same special moves (at least Din's Fire), even though those moves aren't even in TP. If Sheik is out, it won't be because Zelda has a new art style.

Have you both forgotten about Fox's secret taunt on Corneria? Because that technically makes Falco both a playable character and a background character in the same game.
That's an easter egg. Many easter eggs don't make perfect sense; they're just there for humor. Nook's presence in the background, on the other hand, is overt.

EPX2

Smash Ace
But he wasn't PHYSICALLY there...like Nook..
I don't see how that makes any difference - Falco's still a playable and non-playable character. Lack of a physical presence doesn't change that fact.

That's an easter egg. Many easter eggs don't make perfect sense; they're just there for humor. Nook's presence in the background, on the other hand, is overt.
I'm aware of that. However, if we have no problem overlooking the logical inconsisties with that easter egg taunt, why is there a problem with ignoring that having Tom Nook appear in both the background and as a playable character makes no sense? After all, just as easter eggs can get away with not making much sense, video games (especially one like Smash, filled to the brim with nonsense) can as well. When it comes to a relatively minor issue like this, I would think Sakurai would be willing to overlook Tom Nook's appearance in Smashville if he really wanted him to be a playable character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't see how that makes any difference - Falco's still a playable and non-playable character. Lack of a physical presence doesn't change that fact.
How can Nook be in the back AND fighting at the same time?
I personally have nothing against him, and we can't really assume anything til its on the dojo :p

Cinder

Smash Master
I personally have nothing against him, and we can't really assume anything til its on the dojo :p
I think the argument is that if Nook is a PC, he won't appear in Smashville when he's being used...that or the multicolor theory...multiple Nooks could appear on stage anyway...

But I'm jus' playin' Devil's Advocate...imho, Animal Crosser>Nook...

EPX2

Smash Ace
Simple enough, Sakurai could just do what SNK did with Samurai Shodown 2. IIRC, whenever Kuroko is selected as a character, he is simply removed from the background.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
I don't agree with Bowser Jr. or Midna, but I guess it's possible they could get in.
Other than that, I like your list. Just stick Megaman in there and we're good to go. XD

And maybe a little EBA. That would be amazing. XD

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
WHO IS STYLER?!?!? Seriously...

Wait isn't that... The thing with which you capture PKMN in PKMN Ranger? If yes, then NO. It's like... Having a Pokeball as a PC...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
A roster can not be perfect unless it has Isaac in it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Midna
Ganondorf
Fox
Krystal
Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
Ridley
Ike
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Lucas
Capitan Falcon
Capitan Olimar
Tom Nook
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
Sonic
Geno

Tell me tips or compliments. It is exactly 40 characters, like sakurai said he wanted.

Nice, but no K. Rool. 9/10

And who is Styler?

Cinder

Smash Master
uhh..... wheres fox?

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Midna
Ganondorf
Fox
Krystal
Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
Ridley
Ike
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Lucas
Capitan Falcon
Capitan Olimar
Tom Nook
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
Sonic
Geno

Am I the only one who can actually see that? C'mon people, pay attention >_>...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does that count for K.K Slider also?
I'm not sure. He's more "integrated" into the stage than any other character. Also, you guys need to realize this: There's more than one Nook.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm not sure. He's more "integrated" into the stage than any other character. Also, you guys need to realize this: There's more than one Nook.
Still there's only supposed to be one Nook.

The only character that really dodge the background deconfirmation is the Animal Crosser since they are generic.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Midna
Ganondorf
Fox
Krystal
Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
Ridley
Ike
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Lucas
Capitan Falcon
Capitan Olimar
Tom Nook
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
Sonic
Geno

With months worth of work, I would have at least expected more thought put into this with at least explanations and such. I'm guessing Styler is some sort of DS rep, because apparently every icon has to have a character rep, which is ridiculous. How can Zelda have less reps than Pokemon? I still don't understand Tom Nook, and where did Sakurai ever say there would only be 40 characters? I'm guessing more around the range of 45.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Still there's only supposed to be one Nook.

The only character that really dodge the background deconfirmation is the Animal Crosser since they are generic.
Since when is there supposed to be one Nook? For all we know, Nook is the Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny of Animal Crossing. Also, wouldn't the Animal Crosser not qualify since it has no exact appearance or gender?

Top Bottom