• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My results with the New Semi-Universal GFSC AT

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If you don't know about it yet, go to here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197100
Watch the vid and look at how the player uses footstooling.

Now that you've watched the vid, I'll show my results...

Which is nothing. The only possible move that can work with GFSC is D-air, that's only if you footstool him the 2nd time, and even then, you have to do the sequences quite fast in order for it to hit.

Irritating, no? Few characters got buffed by this while Mario doesn't, unless your opponent is a complete ****** and allow you to jump on his head a bunch of times.

Oh well. If you guys find anything feel free to share, but so far I got absolutely nothing.

At least we got FIHL. Should Suffice.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I depends on a few other thing like size and animation. Mario has more things he can do then you think with this AT but the only one I can think of on the top of my head is Dair and Nair on Yoshi (1st Footstool). This probally has some interesting applications but it'll be tough since the timing is pretty strict, not quite as strict as Dair to Uair in one SH, but pretty close. Try footstooling other characters and be inventive.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Try footstooling other characters and be inventive.
I see what you mean. I see how this can work on Yoshi pretty well, and working on the other characters.

But personally, I think Mario's main thing out of footstool will come from aerial footstooling. I just tried out some possible setups that can lead to an aerial footstool, and can quite possibly lead into a jab lock.

Mario won't get much from GFSC, but I'm definitely seeing some imagination with the aerial footstooling.

EDIT: Just got called in by my Brawl Buddies. I'll try thes aerial setups and see how it works. If they turn out to be productive then I'll let you all know.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I don't think that GFSC will be that useful. Honestly, it seems like it will quickly become predictable. People will learn what to expect when it looks like you're about to jump right on top of them. They'll just let out a Usmash and punish for even attempting it.

Matt07

Smash Master
I don't think that GFSC will be that useful. Honestly, it seems like it will quickly become predictable. People will learn what to expect when it looks like you're about to jump right on top of them. They'll just let out a Usmash and punish for even attempting it.
I have to agree with him.

But still, I'm testing this out so maybe it could be useful. But the only attacks Mario seems to be able to do out of a GFSC is the first frame Up B (about 4% damage), and the first hit of D-air (which is 1% damage by the way:laugh:) this was tested with Game and Watch though.

Edit: Also N-air as well but requires very difficult timing, you have to be extremely fast, only able to pull it off once. I'm also thinking the larger the character the harder it is to time the d-air but you get 4% instead of 1% damage, but I found the timing difficult.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
This tech is really just another little tidbit like hill-dashing and ISJR. It could setup some things for some characters but most characters probally won't get much out of this tech. Maybe we'll figure out something like an Uair juggle into a footstool combo but IDK.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Well, my tests seemed to turn out into a bust. The aerial setups are pretty much too hard to do since the characters are constantly moving and attacking, therefore you can't aerial footstool them. Oh well, but in any case, might as well throw out my setups to see if anyone else can figure something out.

U-tilt (Multiple times) > Footstool > N-air or B-air > Jab Lock. (Low % only)

D-air > Double Jump > Footstool > N-air > Jab Lock (Low % only)

D-tilt (Yes, I'm trying to find a use for d-tilt) > Dash > Jump > Footstool > Jab Lock (High % only)

That's all I got. As far as GFSC goes, it's crap for Mario and only mildly works on Yoshi. Other characters like DK and Peach has better use for this.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
hmm doesn't work with mario. Doesn't work with Rob either. well at least i got Peach. Works very well with her.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I knew there'd be another kind of penalty for Mario lacking any downward attacks. :(

Top Bottom