• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Reasons for Wolf Link

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
First off, I would like to say this: if you're just coming in to say "you're such a stupid n00b and you suck" leave now. I will not tolerate comments like that. If you have a good reason, I repeat, a good reason that Wolf Link can't/won't be in Brawl, please post it. I want to hear what everyone has to say. By the way, "He can't have a moveset" or "He's too recent" don't fly with me. They gave the Ice Climbers and Peach a moveset. They're geniuses. They can give Wolf Link a moveset. As for "He's too recent", the game (TP) came out nearly a year before Brawl will. That is not a reason, it's an excuse. Please, if you're coming in here to flame, go away.

Second, I would like this thread to stay up for long enough, at least, for some people to respond. I really am interested in what people have to say. Please, moderators, leave it up for a while.

Now then, on to the reasons. (By the way, I am talking about Link transforming here, not WL being his own seperate character.)

(1) He would be a great addition.
Now, in my opinion, he would be a great addition to Brawl. With his teeth and claws, and maybe some magical help from Midna, he could easily take on Mario, Yoshi, Sonic (we hope), and the rest.

(2) We don't have Link's moveset yet.
On the Dojo, we have not yet seen Link's moves. In pictures and videos, we have seen him using two of them: his bow, and the Spin Attack. We have not seen him throwing a boomerang or holding a bomb. That leaves two moves to be accounted for. One of them could be a transformation into WL.

(3) Link is based on TP.
"The design of this particular Link comes from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."--Sakurai
While it is possible that Sakurai is just talking about Link's new look, he could also mean his moves. As we all know, Link was able to transform into a wolf in Twilight Princess. Therefore, if Link is based on his TP self, it makes perfect sense for him to transform.

(4) Link's TP ability was announced before Brawl.
This one is self-explanatory. The ability to transform into a wolf in Twilight Princess was announced far before Brawl was. Therefore, the idea was there far before Brawl was. Therefore, he is not too recent, and actually stands a chance in Brawl.

(5) Snake got in.
A third-party character made it into Brawl, along with "two-three others", I believe. If a third-party character can make it into an all-Nintendo fighting game (up 'til now, that is), then why can't a huge part of the most recent Zelda game (after Phantom Hourglass)?

(6) Sheik made it into Melee.
This is my final reason, and while it may not seem very strong to some of you, consider this: Sheik was not playable in OoT. All she did was teach you songs. And yet, she made it in as a rather good fighter. Wolf Link, on the other hand, is playable (obviously). He is a huge part of TP. He has so much more stuff (for lack of a better word) than Sheik. If Sheik can make it in, so, I think, can Wolf Link.

Those are my reasons why WL could be (I'm not saying he will be, just that it's possible) in SSBB. Like I said at the beginning, if you have a good reason why he can't be in, please post it. If you come in to flame me and talk about how he won't be in until Hell freezes over and pigs fly happily above it while penguins move in, get out, because you're not welcome here.

Now, discuss...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
(1) He would be a great addition.
Now, in my opinion, he would be a great addition to Brawl. With his teeth and claws, and maybe some magical help from Midna, he could easily take on Mario, Yoshi, Sonic (we hope), and the rest.
Eh, not sure if I really want him to be in.

(2) We don't have Link's moveset yet.
On the Dojo, we have not yet seen Link's moves. In pictures and videos, we have seen him using two of them: his bow, and the Spin Attack. We have not seen him throwing a boomerang or holding a bomb. That leaves two moves to be accounted for. One of them could be a transformation into WL.
Possibly.

(3) Link is based on TP.
"The design of this particular Link comes from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."--Sakurai
While it is possible that Sakurai is just talking about Link's new look, he could also mean his moves. As we all know, Link was able to transform into a wolf in Twilight Princess. Therefore, if Link is based on his TP self, it makes perfect sense for him to transform.

(4) Link's TP ability was announced before Brawl.
This one is self-explanatory. The ability to transform into a wolf in Twilight Princess was announced far before Brawl was. Therefore, the idea was there far before Brawl was. Therefore, he is not too recent, and actually stands a chance in Brawl.
Good reasons.

(5) Snake got in.
A third-party character made it into Brawl, along with "two-three others", I believe. If a third-party character can make it into an all-Nintendo fighting game (up 'til now, that is), then why can't a huge part of the most recent Zelda game (after Phantom Hourglass)?
So if a third party character can make it in... a wolf can too?

(6) Sheik made it into Melee.
This is my final reason, and while it may not seem very strong to some of you, consider this: Sheik was not playable in OoT. All she did was teach you songs. And yet, she made it in as a rather good fighter. Wolf Link, on the other hand, is playable (obviously). He is a huge part of TP. He has so much more stuff (for lack of a better word) than Sheik. If Sheik can make it in, so, I think, can Wolf Link.
Okay.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Eh, not sure if I really want him to be in.
That's why I asid in my opinion.

Possibly.
Thanks for giving me that.

Good reasons.
Thank you again.

So if a third party character can make it in... a wolf can too?
I'm saying, if a third-party character can make it in, a big part of the most second-most recent game of one of the most popular series in existence can make it in too. He's not just "a wolf".

...Uh, okay...

Takalth

Smash Ace
I'm actually not up for any more transforming characters unless the transforming part is integrated into its own strategy.

If you take Zelda/Sheik, for example, there is no strategic reason to transform for anything except recovery (and only a few cases of that). For practical purposes, you just stay in the form that you're best with (usually sheik).

The only way the transformation would be cool would be if it was faster and had an attack of its own (a puff of smoke/fire similar to sheik's up+B) so that you would have techniques that would begin in one form and end in another. That would make it truly beneficial to transform frequently. Under the Zelda/Sheik system, all you do is take away a move from an otherwise complete character.

Wolf Link could be cool as a separate character, though. I won't argue there.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok ok, I want to play now!
(As of this point, when I am writing this current sentence, I am undecided to what side of the arguement I'll be on. Maybe that will change when I really read what Twilight had to say?)

1) Yes, he would be a great addition. We don't have any quadrapedal characters, and I would love to see a wolf trounce Peach and go feral on her throat. And now that we have Peach confirmed, I can say that!

2) I can see them changing up Link's moves a bit, but to add a whole new character and moveset to him would just be insane. Maybe if Wolf Link had his own spot? I vote to keep Link as Link has been so far, plus give the ability to use bomb-arrows. (pull a bomb out and then use the bow)

3) Correction* Only Link's appearance is based on TP. Take Zelda for example. Din's Fire? Farore's Wind? Definitely not part of TP at all. Another reason why I don't see Link changing.

4) Link has had a lot of abilities and items in the past. This arguement could be used to say that Young Link could transform into Link (OoT) or that Link could use a mirror to transform into a rabbit (ALttP) or that Link could transform into a Deku Scrub, a Goron, and a Zora (MM). Maybe if you strayed away from the thought of Link turning into a wolf and stayed more along the lines of Wolf Link (who I will henceforth be referring to as WL) being his own character (with/without Midna in tow) I would be satisfied with what you're saying.

5) That's just an irrelivent arguement. It could be used for litterally ANY character.

6) ...and Sheik may have made it into Brawl. You're right, WL has had more playtime in his game than Sheik had in hers, but they both play equally important parts in their own respect. Their stories could not have progressed if they were not used where they were supposed to be. How could Link gain so much knowledge in OoT if Sheik hadn't taught him songs and what to expect in the dungeons? (Also she had his back and took care of him when they were attacked by Bongo Bongo) And how could Link do anything but stand around if he never had the ability to change. Both equally important.
(That was more of a Sheik arguement. Haha. My bad.)

I wouldn't mind WL in Brawl, I just don't want him and Link to be the same character. I like Link as is, and WL would be good on his own. There's no need to totally revamp a character that doesn't need it.

Wolf Link for Brawl... just on his own thanks.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
well, it is very possible to make Wolf link, but a Good move set would be nice to see...
and maybe he could be a Stand Alone character, or maybe even combination of Minda's move set,
or do you actually want him as a character?
so Vice Versa.
it would be interesting to see, and also, it fits with the TP part of this game also.
in fact, makes more sense than having sheik in it again.
bravo.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how I'd feel about 3 characters (supposedly) being able to transform, if Zelda retains her ability to become Sheik. It's a bit... overdone. Not saying it can't be done, but innovation tends to be Nintendo's strong point, and slapping yet another transform just to include another variation of a character is a tad redundant.

If they do include Wolf Link, it'll atleast require something special to use WL (or WL will be a standalone... or nothing at all).

de_gLory^

Smash Cadet
That would be so great!
Ur reasons r good!
It would be to cool to play as Wolf Link in Brawl, and the raeson that Shiek made it into Meele and was not even playable before was good.
So, why not?

mfg

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
@Dyce, thats through the FS though, and especially through that type of blast, i think that stuff would fall off(must mean the rest of her cloths are made of a EVEN higher quality material than the previous suit, and on that thought, then why wear it?)
so if (i would hate for this to happen) Link uses his FS to become a Wolf, i guess he would be like Samus...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Link's final smash is not going to be a transformation, it's already been shown.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Ok ok, I want to play now!
1) Yes, he would be a great addition. We don't have any quadrapedal characters, and I would love to see a wolf trounce Peach and go feral on her throat. And now that we have Peach confirmed, I can say that!
Yeah, that would be awesome. He could do his Poe act on Peach. Peach-pwnage!

2) I can see them changing up Link's moves a bit, but to add a whole new character and moveset to him would just be insane. Maybe if Wolf Link had his own spot? I vote to keep Link as Link has been so far, plus give the ability to use bomb-arrows. (pull a bomb out and then use the bow)
Insane, shminsane. They're doing it for Samus. I wouldn't mind WL having his own space, I'd just prefer to have him transform from Link.

3) Correction* Only Link's appearance is based on TP. Take Zelda for example. Din's Fire? Farore's Wind? Definitely not part of TP at all. Another reason why I don't see Link changing.
Well, that's Zelda, not Link. Also, what did Zelda do in TP? Wow, she shot light arrows. Why they gave Zelda those spells in the first place baffles me. Why she's even in Melee in the first place also baffles me. To add her, then give her Link's spells...

She did nothing in TP. She did nothing in OoT. Yet they gave her stuff in both games. The argument that the spells aren't from TP doesn't make sense.

4) Link has had a lot of abilities and items in the past. This arguement could be used to say that Young Link could transform into Link (OoT) or that Link could use a mirror to transform into a rabbit (ALttP) or that Link could transform into a Deku Scrub, a Goron, and a Zora (MM). Maybe if you strayed away from the thought of Link turning into a wolf and stayed more along the lines of Wolf Link (who I will henceforth be referring to as WL) being his own character (with/without Midna in tow) I would be satisfied with what you're saying.
Yes, he has had lots of items in the past. And I would also love to see a Link-YL transformation. (Hero of Time!) I don't like the ideas of the Deku Scrub, Goron, or Zora. (Besides, that would be YL.) I think if YL is kept, his FS could be a clone of Bowser's: put on the FD mask, become FD Link, pwn people. But the reason I want the L-WL transformation so badly is because, IMO, TP was the best Zelda game yet, and I really want some representation of that. Why anything besides the biggest part of the game?

5) That's just an irrelivent arguement. It could be used for litterally ANY character.
Yeah, I suppose that's true.

6) ...and Sheik may have made it into Brawl. You're right, WL has had more playtime in his game than Sheik had in hers, but they both play equally important parts in their own respect. Their stories could not have progressed if they were not used where they were supposed to be. How could Link gain so much knowledge in OoT if Sheik hadn't taught him songs and what to expect in the dungeons? (Also she had his back and took care of him when they were attacked by Bongo Bongo) And how could Link do anything but stand around if he never had the ability to change. Both equally important.
(That was more of a Sheik arguement. Haha. My bad.)
I just think WL would be a better addition than Sheik was.

I wouldn't mind WL in Brawl, I just don't want him and Link to be the same character. I like Link as is, and WL would be good on his own. There's no need to totally revamp a character that doesn't need it.

Wolf Link for Brawl... just on his own thanks.
And that, my friend, is where we disagree. If WL has to appear as his own, I'll live. I'll even revel in that WL appeared at all. I just want him to be part of Link.

kirbycommando

Smash Cadet
maybe he could transform into wl in a combo or it could be a special attack like wario's chopper since some characters have two specials

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
OK this is going to far.. i mean common first Samus - Zero Suit Samus than Link- Young link ( wow.. their creative.) and than Marth and Roy are the same character just look differnt. Now you want wolf link too. I mean your reasons are good and all but they would have to take young link out for that. I woulnt mind because i dont play those characters.. also Link and Young Link are the exact same execpt he uses a fire effect.. thats all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yeah, that would be awesome. He could do his Poe act on Peach. Peach-pwnage!
I can't get that image out of my head. That would just be too perfect!

Insane, shminsane. They're doing it for Samus. I wouldn't mind WL having his own space, I'd just prefer to have him transform from Link.
But they're doing it for Samus through her FS. They didn't take any of her moveset away. We know Link's FS and we also know that once it's over... it's over.

Well, that's Zelda, not Link. Also, what did Zelda do in TP? Wow, she shot light arrows. Why they gave Zelda those spells in the first place baffles me. Why she's even in Melee in the first place also baffles me. To add her, then give her Link's spells...
She did nothing in TP. She did nothing in OoT. Yet they gave her stuff in both games. The argument that the spells aren't from TP doesn't make sense.
Yes, she shot light arrows in TP, AND she had a rapier, AND she used some sick powers when she was possessed (which are probably hers and not thanks to Ganondorf. Ganondorf only made her use them unwillingly against Link) And in OoT she transformed into Sheik and watched out for Link to make sure he didn't run into any snags or get into too much trouble. But as Zelda, she told Link the prophecy, gave him the OoT, and showed him the way out of the collapsing Ganon's Tower (where I believe she may have used a few spells along the way. Not sure though, it's been a while since I played it.) They could have altered her moveset a bit (like just the cosmetics of it) to fit in with TP. And she's in Melee because she's the star of the ZELDA games.

Yes, he has had lots of items in the past. And I would also love to see a Link-YL transformation. (Hero of Time!) I don't like the ideas of the Deku Scrub, Goron, or Zora. (Besides, that would be YL.) I think if YL is kept, his FS could be a clone of Bowser's: put on the FD mask, become FD Link, pwn people. But the reason I want the L-WL transformation so badly is because, IMO, TP was the best Zelda game yet, and I really want some representation of that. Why anything besides the biggest part of the game?
Yes we need some FDLink action in Brawl. But yes, what makes this one more "important" than any of his other transformations in past Zelda games? In MC he turned insanely small and that was important. Why shouldn't he become miniature in TP?

I just think WL would be a better addition than Sheik was.
Well, I think they'd both be equally as good as additions.

And that, my friend, is where we disagree. If WL has to appear as his own, I'll live. I'll even revel in that WL appeared at all. I just want him to be part of Link.
Nah, WL solo or not at all. I wouldn't mind a post-FS transformation, but I'm just opposed to altering Link's moveset at all.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm in for Wolf Link, but only if Midna is with him, plus that would give so much more possibilities for a moveset other that just having Wolf Link, who let's face it, alone didn't do much than biting, who wants another Link alone thrown in the mix anyway?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I'm in for Wolf Link, but only if Midna is with him, plus that would give so much more possibilities for a moveset other that just having Wolf Link, who let's face it, alone didn't do much than biting, who wants another Link alone thrown in the mix anyway?
Well, duh with Midna! Why else would he be in? Who wants WL as his own character (w/o Midna I mean)?

Sierra Wolf

Smash Rookie
Well, the fact that they made Samus turn to ZSS in her fianl smash shows they're ok with tampering with veterans. The fact that we haven't seen a boomerang or bomb shows they might be changing those moves up a bit.

I really wouldn't mind if he were on his own or a transformation. As long as he has Midna, though.

Wreked

Smash Lord
well, it is very possible to make Wolf link, but a Good move set would be nice to see...
and maybe he could be a Stand Alone character, or maybe even combination of Minda's move set,
or do you actually want him as a character?
so Vice Versa.
it would be interesting to see, and also, it fits with the TP part of this game also.
in fact, makes more sense than having sheik in it again.
bravo.
Here is a really godd Midna and Wolf Link moveset. I was a solo midna supporter before but this moveset totally changed my mind.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
bull crap Zelda in this game is based on TP only darker color

you should look at the art work in TP and OoT they diferent

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Here is a really godd Midna and Wolf Link moveset. I was a solo midna supporter before but this moveset totally changed my mind.
Have you seen my moveset for Link? It has a Wolf Link transformation. There's a link in my sig; check it out.

OK this is going to far.. i mean common first Samus - Zero Suit Samus than Link- Young link ( wow.. their creative.) and than Marth and Roy are the same character just look differnt. Now you want wolf link too. I mean your reasons are good and all but they would have to take young link out for that. I woulnt mind because i dont play those characters.. also Link and Young Link are the exact same execpt he uses a fire effect.. thats all.
Obviously, you've never used YL. He and Link are two very different characters. But I won't go into that now. Suffice to say, you're wrong.

Top Bottom