• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS My R Button Broke...

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Not sure if this is even smash related, but aparrently my 3DS's R Button broke. I tried blowing into my 3DS, and it works, but it doesn't last long. Any solution other than blowing on my 3DS?

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Send it to Nintendo, otherwise there's not much else for you to do.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I've had this problem as well, and if you're even a little technically savvy (PARTICULARLY if your 3DS isn't on warranty anymore), it's actually not that expensive or difficult at all to replace the r button wiring. Basically you just need a Phillips .000 screwdriver (about 3 dollars) and the part (another 3 dollars online).

Give this a look. If it seems like something you're confident in doing, I'd say it's worth a shot. But again, it's up to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9OcA3u4qRA

Name Cannot be changed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7691-2214
Well, you can't always shield grab. I mean, it's better in just as many cases to perform a regular grab than to shield grab, those few frames will pay off.
I just tested this in Dolphin with the netplay version of Project M by mapping "N" to both hit :GCZ: on one controller, and :GCLT:+:GCA: on a different controller simultaneously.

(Sorry, idk how to get two people to grab simultaneously in Smash for 3ds, so I just have to guess it works the same in Smash 4)

If you use :GCLT:+:GCA: to grab, the grab comes out just as fast as a grab with :GCZ:.

It appears to be just as quick on the 3ds, but I can't test for frame-perfection.

I've had this problem as well, and if you're even a little technically savvy (PARTICULARLY if your 3DS isn't on warranty anymore), it's actually not that expensive or difficult at all to replace the r button wiring. Basically you just need a Phillips .000 screwdriver (about 3 dollars) and the part (another 3 dollars online).

Give this a look. If it seems like something you're confident in doing, I'd say it's worth a shot. But again, it's up to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9OcA3u4qRA
Where do you recommend buying replacement 3ds parts? I don't have a 3ds problem myself, but it seems like something that's good to know just in case.

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Where do you recommend buying replacement 3ds parts? I don't have a 3ds problem myself, but it seems like something that's good to know just in case.
I just snagged the parts from eBay from one of the more reputable sellers. Seemed to do the trick just fine.

Top Bottom