• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My PT Vids

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
just wondering, while u were typing did u leave caps lock on? or thats ur style?

so on ur vids
i believe u play a really nice PT
good all around, i like how u chain some dthrows to uairs with ivy
n i like how u played ivy really well, how you switched from defensive to offensive at the right moments

just some pointers i jus wanna give is:
try to integrate more fairs with ivysaur, since its 1 of his many KO moves. but u may not need it :p just saying to keep up more mindgames
also i like to use bullet seed more since it ***** unbelievably by %building

with charizard, u could do some more short hop Rocksmash or short hop flamethrower approaches
i like how u got the timing down with his bair n try to utilize alot of his moves, including the neglected nair
also, try to use his other throws. his dthrow is 1 of his KO move n also his up throw
dont forget u can use his back n forward throws to get them off the stage

n i think ur squirtle was pretty good whenever u used him :p
but i get the feeling that ur not too comfortable with him, but thats cool cuz i feel the same way :p

overall a pretty good PT user :D
keep it up

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Note: Dthrow does 6%. F and Bthrow do about 10 or 11%. I suggest only using Dthrow for kills.

Critical~Hit

Smash Rookie
Not bad, my friend. You seem really at home when using Ivy. As for Charizard...You're a bit hesitant and rusty looking. And clearly you don't play squirt alot... :\

My opinions:

Ivy
-His dash attack is really overlooked. It sends them to the skies, where Ivy can adapt to fighting the most.
-Go from nair to na. can quickly rack up a good 20-30% depending on DI.
-When Pika was all in your face, seemed like you'd try to run...try using FA. It gets multi-hits and puts them where they belong. at a distance.

Charizard
-Jumping Rock Smashes are one of Charizard's most effective attacks.
-when they have less then 30%, go for an Uthrow to Up B combo.
-Nair. :\

Squirt
-charge up a water gun. That pika likes to chase you off the stage, so keep him off once you get back.
-do NOT spam fair. easily punishable with a ranged attack.
-Link some throws. at 0%, i usually get this combo: Grab-hit-Fthrow-Grab-hit-Fthrow-jump-Fair-double jump-Fair-Up B. Sure you die after them...but dang does it piss people off. (leave out the Up B if you wanna live. :p )

So...yep. good job :]

Top Bottom