• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Plushies!

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
It all started when i desired to have plushies of characters that sadly do not get merchandized. Jewel Man was my favorite of the Mega Man 9 Robot Masters and I wanted to have a plush of him. I worked my way up starting with simpler character designs until I eventually made Jewel Man. I have moved on since then but the idea is still the same. I want to make plushies fo characters that do not have official plushies or I am not satisfied enough with the official ones.

I thought to wait to make a plush of my main in SSB4 before making this topic. The Duo is done now.

Here are my other works which I am personally proud of:

Enguarde from the Donkey Kong Country series:

Beetle from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword:

And probably the best of my earlier work, Magma Man from Mega Man 9:

You can see the rest of my plushies and some non plushie stuff here: http://shinygirafarig.deviantart.com/

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
That Duck Hunt Duo is Adorable

Last edited:

Red and Blue Rocks

Smash Rookie
NNID
protostrike
Looks really great! A shame the snout couldn'ta been propped up, though. Love the colors. I agree, Nintendo needs to make more merch! I have seen Meta knight plushies in hot topic, though.

Cool to see the 'nine' robot masters. Love how Magma Man looks, too

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Looks really great! A shame the snout couldn'ta been propped up, though. Love the colors. I agree, Nintendo needs to make more merch! I have seen Meta knight plushies in hot topic, though.

Cool to see the 'nine' robot masters. Love how Magma Man looks, too
I had no references of how to make the snout accurate in a plush so it was a lot of trial and error to get it how it looks now. I have not actually made Concrete Man but someone made it for me in an art trade so I can complete the set. Here is the link to it: http://shinygirafarig.deviantart.com/art/Concrete-Man-custom-plush-Mega-Man-379680981

Thanks for the comment on Magma Man.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
hey @ ShinyGirafarig ShinyGirafarig how is the plush making going?! the last thing i made was a cutman plush.
Oh hello. I recently made Splatoon Squid Plushies for a commission.

http://shinygirafarig.deviantart.com/art/Splatoon-Squid-Plushies-552928963

I am on a Splatoon fix lately so I plan to make humanoid Inkling boy and girl plushies and maybe Callie and Marie (though I have a feeling they will eventually have official plushies made of them).

Are you shikustar123 from deviantart? If so, nice to see you here.

Last edited:

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Ah yes that's me! I want to make a fire emblem Druid but I don't know where to start, I haven't gotten the "making pattern" thing down. How do you do it? Seems like everyone has a different way. I just wing it, that's how I made cutman but it was very hard.
And by cutman you mean this one right?
http://shikustar123.deviantart.com/art/Cutman-plush-548229439
Also those splatoon squids look amazing! Like official quality!

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I built up my pattern making by starting off on using patterns made by other people, then modifying them to suit my needs for characters I want when i got better at plush making and eventually seeing 3D image in my head broken down to patterns and making most of my own patterns. There is always going to be basic shapes that are useful like these sphere patterns: http://www.silverseams.com/opensource/spheres-pattern.html

I looked up Druids on a Wikia and in my head they can be broken down to very basic shapes but that is just me.

Also buying store bought plush and either imaging how the patterns looked or even "dissecting" them can help.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
I built up my pattern making by starting off on using patterns made by other people, then modifying them to suit my needs for characters I want when i got better at plush making and eventually seeing 3D image in my head broken down to patterns and making most of my own patterns. There is always going to be basic shapes that are useful like these sphere patterns: http://www.silverseams.com/opensource/spheres-pattern.html

I looked up Druids on a Wikia and in my head they can be broken down to very basic shapes but that is just me.

Also buying store bought plush and either imaging how the patterns looked or even "dissecting" them can help.
I think that's what gets me, the 3d part. I have to study how 3d shapes are formed. Also I wish there was a forward faced Druid. If that was the case I might be able to cut him down the middle thanks for the help! I'm going to look at those patterns and try

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I think that's what gets me, the 3d part. I have to study how 3d shapes are formed. Also I wish there was a forward faced Druid. If that was the case I might be able to cut him down the middle thanks for the help! I'm going to look at those patterns and try
I sent you a note on deviantart with slightly more detail with would I would do without getting too fancy if you prefer a simpler way and do not have to have the plush so complex.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
I sent you a note on deviantart with slightly more detail with would I would do without getting too fancy if you prefer a simpler way and do not have to have the plush so complex.
Many thanks I will read it now!

Top Bottom