• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Pit (sucks)

Aiur

Smash Cadet
Hello, I've recently found Pit fits my playstyle as perfectly as Kirby. After having not used him since Brawl's launch, and finding a week ago he was really fun to play..... Well, frankly I suck with him. Could somebody who was good with Pit play me and tell me what I'm doing terribly wrong? I have no idea whatsoever on how to make videos, and I don't have many online friends anyway. If this is in the wrong board, please tell me and I'll delete it. Thanks in advance. ~Aiur

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This thread should've been called "My Pit (stinks)".

/arrogance

I can't help you, as I don't play Pit. Sorry...

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I would refer you to a guide but the guides we have explain Pit's moveset and ATs(stay away from ATs for now) pretty well, but don't really provide basic tactical strategies for beginners, so unless you've got a basic handle on Pit already I don't know of how much use they'll be to you.

Then again we haven't seen you play yet and don't know what "my pit sucks" actually means so go ahead and play someone willing to help.

I made a thread for Pits to play each other. Good players signed up so you might be able to catch a game with them; if not then I'd be happy to play you though I don't consider myself as great as others around here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201118

Kinzer, last time I saw your name Ike's face was below it. did you change your main?

Afropony

Smash Lord
Umm how does your pit suck?

If you tell us whats wrong with it or how you're getting into trouble it'll be much easier to tell you how to become better.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Im sure one of us is willing to help out. Me, on the other hand, am scared of Kirby...
Anyways, there are other Pits that could take a look at your Pit. I could probably do some Pit dittos for you sometime.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Kinzer, last time I saw your name Ike's face was below it. did you change your main?
It's not that I changed my main, but I have decided to pick up Sonic along with Ike, and to me I'm as equally good with both of them and it's hard for me to decide which I am better with. I just went with a Sonic theme is all, but thanks for asking.

Aiur

Smash Cadet
I can try to explain my general fighting style, but it won't be all that accurate. I usually start matches off with a couple arrows, and I use my smashes a lot. Mainly Fsmash and Usmash. In the air I use my Uair, Dair, and Nair a lot. I tend to stay away from Pit's B moves except arrow at long range and shield for reflecting. I use Up grab a lot. Not really easy to explain....

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You really should take the time to be as descriptive as possible if you have no other means. What's the problem, is it something specific or do you just downright suck with Pit? It's either you need MUCH more practice, or Pit just doesn't seem to fit your style now.

Anyway if you really are trying to get better with Pit, all you can do is read smart posts, ask for help when needed, PRACTICE!

I don't have to be a Pit Mainer to tell you that.

Aiur

Smash Cadet
I know that I need practice. That's why I was asking. (Not try to sound rude, but everything does on the internet. -_-) I have to go to my dad's house is an hour, so I can't play until Sunday, but I'd like to play some Pit mainers and see how they fight.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If you're that desperate, and nobody is willing to, all you really have to do is go to Youtube and find recent videos of Pit if there are anyway. (Videos from as early as March-July will NOT SUFFICE! The latest you would probably want to work with is about August by this point.) Watch what the Pit players do, see what mistakes they make, what they do to beat the opponent, what they did wrong that costed them the match, you know...I hope...

And if you do actually get a challenge, the thing is not to play against Pit, but you play him yourself. How can you possibly get better as a character if you don't play them on the Battlefield? If anything get somebody who knows enough about Pit to Brawl you, and then ask them what you were doing that they felt they could easily capitalize on.

That's just two exampels of what to do, there are so many ways to improve that it would take me forever to list them all. You have options, work with them. That's most likely what the pros do to get to where they are now.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Practice your short-hop aerials. All of them can be ended just before you land to avoid lag. Work on moving as fast as you can with those moves.

Next practice your spacing. Learn how close you need to be to get your attacks to land and how to retreat quickly.

Powershielding is your friend. Make sure you powershield as much as you can so that you can follow up with an attack of your own. Pit has a lot of multi-hit attacks so it will be difficult for your opponent to counter your attacks with powershields, therefore making the game a little more one sided.

If you're fighting a larger opponent, (especially King Dedede, Donkey Kong or Bowser) don't feel ashamed to turn them into pincushions. Arrows! Arrows! Arrows!

Once you get all of that practice Arrow Looping. If you want look up the video "Broken Arrow UndrDog" on YouTube to get an idea on the sort of stage you can make to practice on. Arrow Looping may be difficult to get to work in a match, and at your level I wouldn't suggest even trying in a match. The practicing of Arrow Looping however will improve your arrow accuracy.

Finally find a way to work it all together. Getting your Pit as fast as possible AND accurate as possible is the first goal. Being able to string multiple attacks together while getting just in range to pull them off is what you want to be able to do.

Other then that I can't think of much else to work on. I suppose at that point you should hit up on the aforementioned thread linked Hayang's post. ^_^

Aiur

Smash Cadet
Thank you, people. I'm going to practice my short hop aerials and arrow accuracy now. Do comps suffice to practice spacing with? I'm at my dad's right now, so my Wi-Fi is iffy...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Spacing on Wifi is always iffy when it comes to spacing. After practicing your spacing against a still opponent I suppose comp would suffice for awhile. ^_^

Top Bottom