• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My past of an old fighting game project idea.

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Hi, I would like to discuss about some old work I was making from the past with the best game creation software I ever used, Clickteam's the Games Factory better known as Multimedia Fusion 2!

Back in 2004 when I discovered Clickteam's Games Factory software, I have been trying out different ways to program my own games, while some of these games are some of my favorites from a 2D version of Pilotwings, a Pikachu platformer, as well as my own edition of the classic Donkey Kong in which you can actually control the ape in his original 80's design!

Back in the day when I discovered the software, I was trying out a fighting game similar to Smash Bros, the controls and gameplay would be the same too. To start off, I had to include at least a few playable characters to begin experiment. I think there was 7 characters included in here. They are Mario, Bowser, Link, Zelda, Pikachu and surprisingly a newcomer from one of my favorite Pokémon movies of all time is Oakley from Pokémon Heroes! the 5th movie since it debut in theaters 2002. About the newcomer mentioned above, she was a sprite clone from Marvel vs Capcom's Tron Bonne, she rides a machine like her's but re-designed with the R symbol which means Team Rocket.

The only stage available during that time was my favorite stage the Hyrule Temple. I can't remember the modes but I did remember about the trophy mode which plays like the one in Melee but instead you would collect trophies to unlock special hidden characters you can't get anywhere in the game! However the program was not very good at the time and I am not a professional. I was only fooling around with Multimedia Fusion having fun making up any kind of game with it to say the least.

Even though I could come up with something original, I would be very embarrassed to share my work with friends and hearing them say my work look like junk lol.

P.S. to the admins, if this topic don't fit with the general category, please move this to the art and creative topics.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Well very video game maker start small they dont just make a game in one shots of course they work look ugly at first can you show me your work from back then?

Last edited:

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Back in 2010 I lost my Windows XP which was the computer I used to work on with that game and some other old experiments. I was not able to save my old stuff since there was no skydrive back then but I have old USB memory sticks and CD discs laying around somewhere which may have some old work saved! I might be able to retrieve it soon but I don't know which one has it. I did managed to find some old games I made with the XP but no Smash Bros yet.

I did not like how my first idea of a Smash Bros game turned out before so I come up with this crazy idea about a sand box style game which you can control your favorite characters and vehicles with fighting, racing, and sports at the same time! I don't have any plans on making something complete. I just want to make up something for fun that I can take control of my favorite character and taking the freedom to ride vehicles, accomplishing missions and challenges as well as fighting with other existing characters similar to Smash Bros style. :D

I made some sprites to get started with a new project. Can I show pictures here? because I thought I can only show my drawings at the art threads not in the pool? :o

Top Bottom