• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Online Is Broken, Help anyone?

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
This has been happening for two weeks now, and i don`t know what to do about it. When i enter any of the game modes, Wether it be for glory or for fun, nobody appears. And when i go into turney mode. it just says "Unable to join turney" It is not my internet seeing how i am alowed in to the different game lobbys. And my internet has been working well in the past when playing. But two weeks ago people just stopped appearing. Are the servers broken? Here is a video of me in for glory mode for almost 8 minutes without anything happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZuDuij39W0

If any of you have even the slightest idea of what is wrong. Please let me know.

BlackCore8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BLCore
That happened to me two times before. Try restarting your internet or your console, it worked for me. Good luck!

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the feedback, but i have already tried that. And unfortunately it did not seem to work. It`s been on going for two weeks now, so im starting to think that something is wrong with my wii u. But thanks again anyway!

Thorina

Smash Rookie
If your internet is fine, you're most likely banned. There are other posters on here that are more experienced with it than me and can give you more details, but basically there's a reporting system and apparently once you reach a certain number of reports, you can only play with other banned people for around a week or so - the length of time seems to vary according to how many times you've been banned before.

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
Oh, thats a bit weird. I can`t remember doing anything that would varrant a ban. However it would explain a lot actualy. I keep on runinng into the same people over and over. So it would make sense that they also have the same problem. However i still fail to see what i got banned for in the first place, im usualy very polite when playing. Maybe some people got salty and reported me when they lost? I`ll look more inn to this, now that i might know what the problem is. And if anyone have more info on the matter, fire away. Thanks for the help!

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you're in reported hell. 4 time veteran, already a demon, I've done some things that might be construed as poor sportsmanship but I did it all in good fun. Like, sometimes I'll bring someone to 300% for the heck of it or use one of my wide array of stage-specific taunts (such as playing 'IN' on Dreamland, attacking the name on Pictochat, etc., all on 3DS of course, much more fun omegas) I don't actually taunt lag-switch and I have a positive message on my player card. It's not people I fool around with who report me, just sore losers. I can tell.

It took me six months to get banned the first time, 2 weeks the second time, one week the third time, and five days this most recent time. I can play hundreds of matches in a day, so i don't know how many it takes to be banned. IDK if the game is designed to ban you quicker after you've played over 10,000 matches, IRDK.

The moral of the story is that the reporting system sucks and is why I haven't bought a Wii U. I don't want to drop $400 on a game and system for my favorite game mode to be taken away from me after a week.

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, im fairly certian im banned. But really that is an awful system. I find it werd that i have been banned for this long tho. i have never been banned before, so it should at least not be that long of a timeout. But it has gone 2 weeks now and i am still banned. The worst part in my opinion is that the game did not tell me that i was banned. Neither didi it give me a timer to tell me when i am free to go. I guess i just have to wait and see......

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
You know what i just realized, all the players i`ve played while being banned, they`re all really good players. Which makes me believe that they also have suffered the same fate as me. And if that is the case......Thats..... not OK. None of the players I`ve played while being banned have showed any form of rude coments or habits. They`re mostly good people. I think this report syetem is being severely abused. They`ve completely turnend this on its head. The tool made to solve the problem with troling and unsportsmanship has now become a bigger problem than the one it was meant to solve. The ability to long term ban somebody just cause you lost to them is far worse than any bad word they might say to you. Nintendo has given these people exsactly what they want. This system does more bad, than good. Sorry for geting so soapboxy, but......

Am i the only one who thinks this?

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I've been having the same problem with online mode as well. Being banned is the reason for this? I don't even really do anything to make someone ragequit or something other than getting beaten. No wonder I've been playing against the same Wii Fit Trainer almost three times in a row.

This better get fixed. I'm practically banned for just trying my best. Come on! Well, at least this gives me an excuse to play some more Fire Emblem.

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
Wow.. I guess that's what happened to me cuz I keep playing the same people over and over and can't find anyone sometimes. I swear this bullcrap.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I've been having the same problem with online mode as well. Being banned is the reason for this? I don't even really do anything to make someone ragequit or something other than getting beaten. No wonder I've been playing against the same Wii Fit Trainer almost three times in a row.

This better get fixed. I'm practically banned for just trying my best. Come on! Well, at least this gives me an excuse to play some more Fire Emblem.
Wow.. I guess that's what happened to me cuz I keep playing the same people over and over and can't find anyone sometimes. I swear this bullcrap.
You know what i just realized, all the players i`ve played while being banned, they`re all really good players. Which makes me believe that they also have suffered the same fate as me. And if that is the case......Thats..... not OK. None of the players I`ve played while being banned have showed any form of rude coments or habits. They`re mostly good people. I think this report syetem is being severely abused. They`ve completely turnend this on its head. The tool made to solve the problem with troling and unsportsmanship has now become a bigger problem than the one it was meant to solve. The ability to long term ban somebody just cause you lost to them is far worse than any bad word they might say to you. Nintendo has given these people exsactly what they want. This system does more bad, than good. Sorry for geting so soapboxy, but......

Am i the only one who thinks this?
If y'all haven't already, call Nintendo.

Hi, I'm Pollo. 2-time vet.
Important points:
-Stop playing immediately. Being reported in banland will prolong sentence.
-Don't bother giving us explanations. Banland doesn't care if you called your opponent a ni**er or if you're just really good with Ness. Banland does not discriminate between the most trashy of horrible, trolling, racist people or legitimately decent human beings. You get reporteted enough, you go in.
-Tons of evidence reveals that Nintendo does NOT review reports. People who have gone in have claimed to be sent back in less than 24 hours despite making the conscious effort to not break any rules. I, myself, got sent back after I made a guy rage quit with Ness. No throws. No PK Fires. Guy spends forever in the Viewing Results screen and then....gone. Everyone disappeared from online. The guy reported me and I didn't do anything. Point being, don't bother asking Nintendo for help. They won't know what you did to get banned or how to unban you.
-Call Nintendo and complain.
-I repeat, call Nintendo and complain. Argue with them. Demand to speak with a supervisor. Be stubborn. They won't fix this broken @$$ system until enough people raise a ruckus.
-Finally, bans last about 7 days, so the moment you notice everyone is gone, just stop immediately.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
I stated in an earlier thread this happened to me once in October for no reason other than beating players as Zelda most of Early October, since ive always been positive and good sporting. I don't even dare taunt, even in jest anymore, just try to praise my opponents even more xP. But seriously, the Banland system is beyond broken, sorry you are going through it aswell. I found some really nice and skilled opponents there aswell.. still extremely annoying trying to find someone for 10-15 mins late at night which is when i play.

Last edited:

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
Thank you to everyone how helped me, i got unbanned last week and everything is fine now. I was banned for about 2 and a half weeks in total, in case someone was wonderinng. At least i know what happend in case it happens again.

Still, the system is super flawed, but lets hope it does not happen again.

Top Bottom