• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My one request to those attending midnight releases.

miller483

Smash Ace
Please shower, brush your teeth, etc. Yes, I'm being serious.

I've heard a lot of stories about people at tournaments and other functions having really bad hygiene.

So please, for the sake of everyone around you, please use good hygiene.

Thank you for your time.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
...Okay, but you do realize not a lot of people are going to care. When it comes to games, hygiene gets thrown out the window.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Generalizations FTL.
I don't know what things are like in your area or who you talk to but I've experienced very little of this. This is from someone who attends cons, various tournies(mainly MTG), etc.
While I don't live in your area I PLAN on at least showering and brushing my teeth that day of course.

miller483

Smash Ace
Generalizations FTL.
I don't know what things are like in your area or who you talk to but I've experienced very little of this. This is from someone who attends cons, various tournies(mainly MTG), etc.
While I don't live in your area I PLAN on at least showering and my teeth that day of course.
I never said that I myself experienced being at events with unhygienic people. I just heard a ton of stories about it.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Ok...
I've read some pretty random threads in Brawl disscusion but this one takes the cake.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, in fact I agree with you 100% but, I'd think this would be pretty much common sense.

But seriously who cares? It's a game not a **** Opera concert.
-_-... Guess not.

Dude, it doesn't matter where you go.
Be it Opera concert or taking a ride on the public bus.
Hygiene is alway important.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
The people getting defensive about being told to bathe before a tournament: Gentlemen, behold the LITERAL filth of Smashboards.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
What the hell? Why are you preaching hygiene only to gamers? Why can't you do this for everybody in the world that smells like ****?

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Wait. I thought this was a freaking given.

Brush your teeth before you go out. Deodorant under the arms. Shower. Right before you go out. For the love of. That's kind of. No... That's freaking nasty. I'm bringing gum to pass out if anyone decides to talk to me upclose. They'll need a pack if they don't freaking brush.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
thank sweet tasty bread crumbs i live in a neighborhood where people are overly considerate.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Beat out MGS4? I doubt it.

I'll get in the next day. I really don't like this camping out thing.
it'll beat out mgs4 big time more replay value better music and single player will probably take the same amount of time so there and yes hygeine please

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I've heard stories from friends about things like this but more at conventions then game releases XD

Soviet

Smash Cadet
just tell people that they smell like **** and to get the **** away from you

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
This thread made my day... or night actually... I expected this to be another one of those 42942894758925 threads talking about the gamespot tournament, but I was wrong, and I'm glad I was.
I lolled when read this, I really did.

The one thing I found odd was people actually being defensive... Comments like, "dude, when you're talking about videogames, hygiene doesn't matter" Now that, made me go W.T.F!?

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
We do that on purpose so our opponent can only play with one hand, while the other hand is busy covering their nose.

Seriously, what kind of thread is this?

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Please shower, brush your teeth, etc. Yes, I'm being serious.

I've heard a lot of stories about people at tournaments and other functions having really bad hygiene.

So please, for the sake of everyone around you, please use good hygiene.

Thank you for your time.
QFMFT

God ****it, I nearly lost a local MvC2 tourney because of this (I lost because the guy was better than I was :laugh:; but he smelled really bad. Like I could smell it from like 10 feet away...)

Please remember your Hygiene children!

And yeah, it is a big deal at tournaments, because most people don't care in the first place and they're all tired from playing so much and they just forget.

But here's a thought: What if some chick is waiting in line/watching the line forming and you want to make a move? You best be prepared :laugh:

I for one will be showering, using deodorant, and dressing nicely for this occasion; heck, it's not everyday a smash game releases, so I figure I should at least look presentable

Igneous42

Smash Ace
It's things like people not caring about their hygiene that makes me not mind so much that our gamestop is in an outlet mall (in other words the line is outside). Though I don't think the midnight launch will be that bad. If there were day long waits then we might be in trouble.

Though this is a message that should be conveyed to everyone in any form of entertainment. It might not be that bad at the midnight launch but I've been to a couple anime conventions and **** people. Being an otaku doesn't mean you should smell

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I'm already going to an anime convention the same weekend so I already know the issues of hygiene lol

But I'm certainly smart enough to take a shower, otherwise, here comes the FeBreeze Brigade!

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
I'm already going to an anime convention the same weekend so I already know the issues of hygiene lol

But I'm certainly smart enough to take a shower, otherwise, here comes the FeBreeze Brigade!

Okay..um....I sure hope those pictures aren't real.

Seriously.

If they are, I'll have lost all hope for the human race.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I did chuckle a bit at this thread. I've never been to a major tournament or convention, but I have had my fair share of trips to a local internet cafe that focuses on gaming. And there were quite a few who didn't believe hygiene was important. If this doesn't apply to you, don't take offense, just move along.

But seriously, lol.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
You'd think this was common sense, but it isn't as common as one would think. Showering before hand... whatever, just make sure it's been within the last 12 hours and you haven't done anything to cause immense sweat since then. Deodorant, please for the love of all things holy put it on before you leave. It takes 4 seconds, and lasts for at least an hour (depending on brand + power). Brush your teeth is probably the most important one that people overlook. If you're going out in public, brush, rinse, whatever you do to make your breath not cause cringing in others.

Nice clothes aren't that important, as long as they're relatively clean (not something from yesterday, earlier in the week, etc), and they cover you. Man Fey makes Baby Jesus cry. Cologne isn't necessary either unless you like it or hope there might be some nice gamer girl there or something. Who knows.

The sad thing is this likely applies to only 1% of the posters here, at most, and those that need to read this won't.

KidArtist

Smash Cadet
..Um get it the next day? You can call to hold a copy if you know someone well enough in the store.

But seriously who cares? It's a game not a **** Opera concert.

I'm going to the midnight release because I figure, it's been delayed multiple times already... I'm not gonna wait any longer than I have to. I don't have the "connections" like you do anyways.:ohwell: But don't worry, I practice good hygine

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
Wow! Thanks a bunch! I would have never remembered to not look and smell like **** if it wasn't for your thread!
Way to stereotype smash players, you moron.

themutt22

Smash Cadet
Wow! Thanks a bunch! I would have never remembered to not look and smell like **** if it wasn't for your thread!
Way to stereotype smash players, you moron.
Its worth a try, this is probably the best place to put it. Its not a bad idea, probably the best thing short of hosing people down with air freshener at the store.

Top Bottom