• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My noob question for the day...

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
One question,

How do you guys get the small character portrait boxes with the characters you want in Brawl in them? They're pretty cool and I like to make a few of my own,

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
People simply made them using Photoshop or a similar image editing program and distributed them ot the general public via character promotion threads.

Just go to a thread in the Brawl Character Discussion subforum for a character that you support and check the signatures of all the members that post there. Or just ask for them there.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I think there are default ones, with nothing in them.Then you simply put some image of the character you want in the box, and type his name in.

can be done in about 5 minutes.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dont double post, i merged them this time but i probably am supposed to warn people for that, theres an edit feature on swf for goodness sake XD

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Ahh my bad. :p

But I guess I can explain how to actually do it in adobe photoshop.

1. First, open a new file.
Make it the correct size. Width=100 Height=48 in pixels.

2. Next, Grab the Rectanglar Marguee tool. Right click it, and you should see a list. Choose the Elliptical Marquee tool. Make a new layer for this.Draw a circle towards the top. Like in the picture.

3. Choose a light blue color next for paint bucketing.

4. Color it, Then change the Opacity to 40-50%.

5. Grab an image of a character you want, and add it in. I choose luigi. You can also add the text SSBB, but I don't know what font it is yet.

6. Your done with Photoshop for now. Save the file. Open MsPaint. Now, Open your character file in MSPaint. Use the line tool to make the line.lol

7. Done.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
also, to add that little thing at the top, you cut the end of a circle, make it blue, then reduce the opacity to about 20-40%.

Done in about 2 minutes. really. could of fixed it up but nah. just example

Woot TOBI for Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like mine better than his...I didn't create all the ones I have because I'm lazy but the ones I did and people use...Better

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Dang I tried changing my sig to some of those little picture that the one dude on photobucket made but its not working, all thats showing up are the links

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
All the image code really is, is a link to the picture with the text
after, if I recall correctly. So even if you don't grab the image from photo bucket, you can still use images if you have the direct URL.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
All the image code really is, is a link to the picture with the text
after, if I recall correctly. So even if you don't grab the image from photo bucket, you can still use images if you have the direct URL.
You're correct, but I was assuming that he was pulling the pics from Photobucket.

Top Bottom