• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Music called, it hopes you like it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
www.purevolume.com/OfFreaksAndWizards

:007::008::009:

Hey everyone. A lot of you know that I've been working on music, just like our good friend FlatSoda.

Even though I'll never compare to his amazing stuff, I spend hours each day working on these songs, and getting better at writing. I haven't found a good vocalist to fit my genre, so I have temporarily done all the vocals myself.

Not everyone will like this kind of music, because it's Metal and Techno, and it's meant to be funny.

Please listen to my three new VOCAL songs (at the top of the list) and let me know if you like them!!!

**mega bonus points to anyone who makes a listener account and comments/clicks "Become a Fan" on the site**

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I clicked the link and pressed play with the intent of listening to like, 2 or 3 tracks. And then the first one came up again. I was confused. XD

___

I liked them. The three vocal tracks I really didnt think much of, mainly because that's just not my style of music. It was well done, but it didn't really grab my attention at all because that's not what I listen to.

The rest of the tracks are real good, though. Great background/atmosphere/chillin/whateveryouliketocallit music. I was just typin away at the computer goin along with the music. Annnnnnd I have the page bookmarked so I can go back and download all of them sometime.

___

Good job, keep it up.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Aggroculture had a lot of good percs. I liked it, the bass levels are kind of low though. and tempo changes?
are the vocals sampled? or are you actually vocoding? but dang your percs are really good. programming the drums is intense. I wish I could get better percs on my stuff :T

that bass/lead or w/e in visions threw me off. :T but it got better.

and thanks for referring me in the first post. :OO
good stuff. keep it up!

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
you have to hear my new song, RX

www.myspace.com/stevenbelowsky

it's called "Finale Remix" It's def my best so far >.< It's actually metal and techno mixed together to form a SUPERGENRE

Also I love how all your stuff sounds like it's out of megaman, it's tight. Must teach me your percussive skills.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Lol, working with drums is different depending on whether you are programing each drum as a seperate track, or programming a digital drumset as a single midi track.

I do the latter for my newer songs.

Songs like Visions and songs marked as *old* were made on Fruity Loops, and I did the latter for those.

My different music definitely spans a ton of differnet genres, which is why I can't expect anyone to like every track.

I can show you guys how to make drum jams if you come over some time but I'm pretty busy with other things atm.

Fearless, I haven't listened to your track because I'm in a lecture class right now, but I am sure it rocks, and when you get to UCF, we will certainly be making jams together.

My uncle, if you google search my name, John Vastola, it will show up with his job, which is Dueling Pianos gigs, where him and someone else play live piano music here in Orlando. Me and you could probably do the same thing if we got support from him.

@FlatSoduhhh: you said the bass levels were kind of low in Aggroculture. Did you listen to it loudly or with headphones? I thought the bass was at just the right level, but I can mess with it next time you are at my place, and maybe you can help me :).

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL

Life After Death

Smash Champion
it was tight. even though its not my kind of genre i still give props. i dont really care wat people listen to if they like to listen to it then listen to it lol.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
ahh, i did not listen with headphones but my speakers for this computer are xbox hueg.

literally standing taller than my table. and 4 speakers too. lol.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Well then make it louder.

The bass line is the best part.

Loud and with headphones is an absolute must for listening.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
And also, @the part about the vocals....

there's no way i'd ever use pre-made vocals.

I record all my own vocals through a mic, and even though they're not the best, it's real, and that's what counts.

i don't know what vocoding means... either...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
God I'd love to make some music. But it seems so freaking hard. I'd, like, need to have someone teach me or something.

Top Bottom