• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mr. Scrub & Watch

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I liked how you pushed him off the platforms with the Nair. That aggro prob. carried a little over to the second game. You threw fairs that he could grab without having to move. Learn the movement of DIng aerials towards platform edges. Also, use Up-B; it could have avoided you several times from damage. Use Uair when they are on-top of platforms.

Good game though.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I liked how you pushed him off the platforms with the Nair. That aggro prob. carried a little over to the second game. You threw fairs that he could grab without having to move. Learn the movement of DIng aerials towards platform edges. Also, use Up-B; it could have avoided you several times from damage. Use Uair when they are on-top of platforms.

Good game though.
DIng aerials towards platform edges is so the momentum pushes you off, right?

IMO G&W's bane is people SH stomping over his approaches cause the flag doesn't come out fast enough and I don't know if jab after your aerial is reliable

I've never actually found a use for u-air except for FH u-air in combos sometimes...

The Phenom

Smash Lord
DIng aerials towards platform edges is so the momentum pushes you off, right?

IMO G&W's bane is people SH stomping over his approaches cause the flag doesn't come out fast enough and I don't know if jab after your aerial is reliable

I've never actually found a use for u-air except for FH u-air in combos sometimes...
edge cancelling

yeah, the flag is slow. When I want a hit with it, it is because I'm close to them and hope it will scoope them up . If I'm far and Uptilting, I'm usually bating them to get closer. If you want jab to connect from a Aerial just fast fall the aerial and jab right after; usually from a fair but Dair works too. Remember though Dair has two hit-boxes if you don't know. If you fast fall perfectly the aerial, l-cancel, jab, right after frame 13 of the jab(last frame) you can do dtilt or grab. A Lvl.9 CP would likely get away from this but a human wouldn't since the timing is difficult so it would be ok to use; its reliable.

Right. I just didn't see you combo with it. You could have gone for U-air combos when he was on a platform. For this you just have to get a safe read thats all.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
edge cancelling

yeah, the flag is slow. When I want a hit with it, it is because I'm close to them and hope it will scoope them up . If I'm far and Uptilting, I'm usually bating them to get closer. If you want jab to connect from a Aerial just fast fall the aerial and jab right after; usually from a fair but Dair works too. Remember though Dair has two hit-boxes if you don't know. If you fast fall perfectly the aerial, l-cancel, jab, right after frame 13 of the jab(last frame) you can do dtilt or grab. A Lvl.9 CP would likely get away from this but a human wouldn't since the timing is difficult so it would be ok to use; its reliable.

Right. I just didn't see you combo with it. You could have gone for U-air combos when he was on a platform. For this you just have to get a safe read thats all.
oh you mean DI'ing your own aerials towards platforms, yeah I try to edge cancel as many non-l-cancellable moves as possible, especially b-air

Yeah I know D-air has 2 hitboxes but I never thought of jabbing after the 2nd hit. I think I'd be scared doing that because the second hitbox of it might be too small so you can't space your jab after the aerial like you can with f-air jab?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Watch's upair is terrible at 20% sheik can di out(not even sdi) and ff fair punish upairs. It's not bad when You're holding the ledge and fox is going to drop down shine You from a platform.

I rather bair someone above me than upair much longer hitboxs(think in terms of how puff's bair is pulled and You can make it hit in ways to null out it's blindspots) but I juggle with fox's bair for it's proity and worse comes to worse it'll set up an edge guard or tech chase.

Watch's bair combos nicely and ccing on platforms makes it AMAZING. and DIing up against it just restets the bair juggle. Also bair/upair=39 frames altogether so bair is just more flexible

QERB

Banned via Warnings
Nice techchases and controlling with n-air. One thing i would highly recommend against falcon which i noticed you had plenty of opportunities to do but never actually did is, when you grab him NEAR the edge at LOW % (0-45%ish approximately) throw him in the direction towards the edge (left or right). You're guaranteed an f-air if he DI's towards the stage and if he DI's away than you can begin edge-guarding him with f-air/n-air/d-tilt/whatever is appropriate. gnw can edgeguard falcon at any % with good success because of the range/speed/duration of his moveset, so i would definitely take advantage of that every time. Although you can CG falcon at low %'s as well which I saw you were doing at some points, I only do this if i'm near the center of a stage and only CG until he's close enough to an edge where I can throw him off stage, since we want to force falcon to his weakness which is recovering/our strength which is edge-guarding.

Other than that though, good stuff!

Top Bottom