• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mewtwo in progress

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
You've got a very nice mewtwo. However, max is right, your opponent needs a lot of work. He fell into a lot of your "traps" near the edge.

Another thing I noticed is that you missed a number of l-cancels on your moves. l-canceling is possibly the most important part of playing Mewtwo. You just need to practice timing it a little bit more in the middle of battle.

Don't use the spotdodge nearly as much. Each time you used it, your opponent could have really torn you up... Also, don't play around on the edge as much when you don't need to. The claw coming up from the edge won't work on most of the better people you'll play. In general, you don't want to be on the edge, because mewtwo doesn't have great ledge options.

To wrap it up, you need a little bit more practice with l-canceling and more work on your combos and mindgames.

It's good to see that you're trying to get better with mewtwo, and you're on the right track.
Keep it up! ^_^

3Years

Smash Lord
thanx man...im so bummed right now cuz i was told i was eliminated in pools at the super champ combo so i left and i find out i made it in the 2nd round of pools darn this sux...

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
em,

your movements are becoming fluent, but you're either missing the point of it or you're not making full use of it. your approaches are sometimes unneccessarily reckless. be a bit more careful and strategic with your approaches.

dont run off and sweetspot tele to grab the ledge when unneccessary. although its not very visible right now, being down there puts u at a heavy disadvantage. you should always be wanting to stay on the ground, where you are free to move around.

your jigs opponent was fine.

keep up the good work.

3Years

Smash Lord
thanx 4 the tips...i played taj's m2 at super champ and learned some new things that helped my gameplay alot =)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Stop appoarching with Fair and Nair, they have 0 range and almost every time you did, you got kicked in the face. Appoarching with wavedash Dtilt/grab is better, however vs aerial happy Jiggs, I think you should of spaced some Bairs of your own. Also you should sheild camp alittle more (sheild grab, aerial out of sheild, wavedash out of sheild, Up B out of sheild, etc.) since it was an aerial happy Jiggs that keep eating your appoarch lol

One of Puff's worse enemies is spam by the way. Even though Mewtwo doesn't have the best projectile, I didn't see many shots fired at all.

Nevertheless, your Mewtwo isn't that bad at all.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
use bair with caution, it has very minimal stun, medium damage, and much less priority than all of jig's aerial.

jig, with much better aerial control than mewtwo, will out game you when u try bair too much.

to rack up early damage, nair and uair are the way to go.
again, as njzfinest said, shield camp some.

but be really careful with shielding, it doesnt take much for a jiggs to break ur shield with her darn pound.
but enough with the specific character matchup analysis

keep up good work mewtwo!

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
M2 vs Jiggs

Nice match, I liked how you handled Jiggs for the most part. From personal experience, I think N-Air works best at racking up damage against Jiggs. Learn to space the F-Air as far as possible so you can catch Jiggs in the air with it for a potential KO at around mid 70-80%and higher IIRC. Up tilts were well placed, good job there. Use the SB more often though, it forces Jiggs to stay relatively high in the air if used moderately. Oh, do'nt forget about F-Tilts, they can help put some space between you and Jiggs.

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
I'd stay away from trying to beat Jiggs in an aerial match, I'd much rather teleport away or something and stick to the ground.

3Years

Smash Lord
you only use him when you are bored, hmm that is mega tasty and yet your so good at handling jiggs so well. I liked ripens combo vid it was awesome especially the rest for five bucks match.
lol thanx but the only reason i no how 2 handle his jiggs is because i play him all the time haha and his combo was done made in like 3 days and we were drunk 2 haha:chuckle:

Top Bottom