• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My melee learning curve tier list

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
Warned
1 fox we all know why fox is up here he is the most spammable character in the game
2 not as spammable as fox but has slightly better aerials
3 sheik another spammable character who has a lot of potential
4 peach easily the lowest learning curve of the top tiers
5 captain falcon fast and strong he is easily used
6 jigglypuff has a great air game and awesome combos
7 mario donkey Kong link Sam us kirby Zelda Ness Luigi pichu Dr mario young link ganondorf m2 roy is there seriously a way to play these characters incorrectly
8 mr game and watch has a good offensive game but can't defend himself at all
9 yoshi his recovery is terrible
10 marth just funky overall
11 browser too slow has only 1 good move up b
12 ice climbers easily the highest learning curve in the entire series if one dies it is basically game over one ice climber is the worst character ever only character I can never seem to learn

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Learning curve to become competent at what level of play lol. Maybe at entrance into the scene they'd resemble the actual tiers, but within just a few weeks, the learning curve tiers are going to shift towards characters who're still underexplored. They have less resources to learn from and have more to figure out on their own, so by default they're going to have a larger learning curve to reach competency. You could argue that top tiers leading meta and developing stuff to beat each other is part of the learning curve, too, and that lower tiers could get away with a smaller learning curve because they have mu knowledge advantage. But that's kind of a diff topic. Personal learning curves vs. ...idk what you'd call it. Whatever that is, it'd be hugely player-dependent (it'd be hard to measure without just measuring player adaptability) and might not show a definite trend lol

Tech difficulty is ridiculously overrated as a learning barrier. It comes naturally to players over time, so long as minimal but consistent practice is a given (even just in friendlies and not on its own). The real learning barriers at for low/mid level players is neutral game and spacing, and adaptability for everyone else.

Last edited:

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
It is not a troll thread first of all second of all I asked a question that left open might have caused a lot of controversy as in questioning the integrity of some of the people who call me a smash bros troll and third of all if you're claiming that I am a troll it reflects back on you is there really such a thing as trolling on forums something in your replies doesn't add up on top of that if my posts are trolls then why do you read them

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
As for mach go I did ask a question that would have made this site better aren't forums about voicing your opinion or am just an idiot for thinking that anyways my theory is for forums that some things are best not taken away there is such a thing as an illegitimate complaint
As for me I must say people don't have to reply if they don't want to it is a choice that you made but don't go calling me a troll just because I post what some people say is useless

EarthCrash

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
It is not a troll thread first of all second of all I asked a question that left open might have caused a lot of controversy as in questioning the integrity of some of the people who call me a smash bros troll and third of all if you're claiming that I am a troll it reflects back on you is there really such a thing as trolling on forums something in your replies doesn't add up
From our perspectives, we can't take what you write seriously.
Plain and simple.

if my posts are trolls then why do you read them
Don't we have to read something first in order to form our opinions on it?

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
he's just trying to talk smash, this isn't english class

20LC

Smash Cadet
Why is this thread stickied? :facepalm:

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Learning curve to become competent at what level of play lol. Maybe at entrance into the scene they'd resemble the actual tiers, but within just a few weeks, the learning curve tiers are going to shift towards characters who're still underexplored. They have less resources to learn from and have more to figure out on their own, so by default they're going to have a larger learning curve to reach competency. You could argue that top tiers leading meta and developing stuff to beat each other is part of the learning curve, too, and that lower tiers could get away with a smaller learning curve because they have mu knowledge advantage. But that's kind of a diff topic. Personal learning curves vs. ...idk what you'd call it. Whatever that is, it'd be hugely player-dependent (it'd be hard to measure without just measuring player adaptability) and might not show a definite trend lol

Tech difficulty is ridiculously overrated as a learning barrier. It comes naturally to players over time, so long as minimal but consistent practice is a given (even just in friendlies and not on its own). The real learning barriers at for low/mid level players is neutral game and spacing, and adaptability for everyone else.
Stop trying to have a serious discussion, I'm trying to see the trolls. Kappa

Top Bottom