• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Matchup Notes

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Hoping that you all can allow this to remain entirely separate from the matchup thread. It's basically a journal based solely on my personal experience for the most part, so feel free to read whatever I have to offer or carry on. Will update frequently.

Started playing Project M on July 18th, 2013, so it's relatively small now.

Updated 08/16/13

Zero Suit Samus :zerosuitsamus:
Players faced: Shadocat
- Severely outspeeds Zelda
- ZSS's mobility is superb. She can get around Din's Fires easily.
- Comboes Zelda horribly.
- Nayru's Love approach hurts ZSS's options (especially after a neutralB, which stuns her), aside from well-spaced Dsmashes.
- ZSS is unhappy when she's above Zelda.
- ZSS is easy to KO. Punish accordingly.
- 70:30 Zero Suit Samus' favor.
Note: I really, really need help with this matchup. While I did manage to win one game against Shado's really good ZSS, it wasn't easy by any means. In a nutshell, I believe this MU is a spacing and reading battle for Zelda.

Lucas :lucas:
Players faced: Damanye, Shadocat
- Lucas chews on Din's Fires like gum. Don't put them in a place where he can absorb them.
- Zelda clobbers Lucas on the ground and can combo him well.
- Lucas can also combo Zelda hard.
- DO NOT go above him unnecessarily. Usmash kills.
- Approaching with Nayru's Love post PK-freeze is VERY effective. Sets Lucas up for punishments.
- 60:40 Zelda's favor.

Captain Falcon :falcon:
Players Faced: Jozi, Kman
- Zelda combos Falcon hard.
- There's not much she can do against Falcon's Nair. Outspace it with Fair is what I would try.
- The knee of justice = painful.
- Din's Fire hurts his mobility.
- Bait his approach and act accordingly. Several different punishments work, but I love throwing him behind me after a grab.
- Falcon has really good tech chase game. Don't make the same mistake I did by rolling in the same direction. Stay unpredictable.
- Zelda can gimp him very easily due to his predictable recovery.
- 60:40 in Zelda's favor. Probably harder, but it's just me.

Ganondorf :ganondorf:
Players faced: Random guy #1
- Din's Fire hurts his approach options badly. It's the bane of Ganon's existence.
- Can get gimped easily by most of Zelda's moveset
- A bit difficult to punish his shield pressure. Would prefer to use OoS dash attack in such a scenario.
- Zelda can't get comboed very easily, but for her sake, heed Isai's advice and "don't get hit".
- 65:35 Zelda's favor.

Falco :falco:
Players faced: Jozi, What
- Vulnerable to Din's Fire.
- Falco's Dair is a force to be reckoned with.
- Fsmash is a good spacing tool in this matchup, and is rather easier to space because he's slower than Fox
- Shine -> Dair combos are the main combos any Zelda has to worry about from a Falco. SHFFL comboes are more tricky from him against Zelda.
- Uthrow chain grab from 0%-30% works in this MU.
- Falco can be comboed! Watch his DI carefully and punish accordingly.
- Powershield lasers, but feel free to Nayru's Love them back at him. Both are fine options.
- 50:50. I kinda feel like it's in Zelda's favor.

Jigglypuff :jigglypuff:
Players faced: Jozi
- Din's Fire limits her approach. Well-placed mines will force her to go around them.
- Use DF's hitstun to punish her, but be careful not to go too close in case of a surprise Bair or Rest.
- Well-spaced Fairs will clobber Jiggly's Bairs and send her flying! Zelda's Fair reach is slightly more than that of the annoying puffball's Bairs.
- If she hits you with a Rest, DI away in order to die as quickly as possible. Return to the stage ASAP, then punish her with a fully powered Fsmash.
- Jiggly's very dangerous once she has you over the ledge. Jiggly's air game is one of the best in the game, so be wary. Try to time your Farore's Wind to your best in hopes that you can land the hitbox on her, or just recover to the stage the safest way possible. (this is by far the largest advantage Jiggly has over Zelda.)
- Jiggly's powerless against Uair.
- SH Nayru's Love is a good option when Jiggly's on the ground. but note that Jiggly is 90% air game.
- 50:50. I feel like it's actually worse on Zelda's behalf...

Ivysaur :ivysaur:
Players faced: Don't get Fsmashed
- Several outranges Zelda. This pretty much defines the matchup.
- Can be comboed, however. Use hitstun to your advantage.
- Avoid getting caught up in his stage control with the seed bombs. They can be reflected by NL, so note that.
- DI well out of his throws to avoid a well-spaced Vine Whip.
- NL approach works fine, especially after firing a razor leaf. Don't get too predictable or else he'll read you with a grab.
- Probably 60:40 Ivysaur's favor. More than likely it's even.

Fox :fox:
Players faced: Kman, Jozi
- Usmash is a certified Zelda killer <-- Most important to note.
- Lasers shouldn't be too much of a big deal. Try to hop over them rather than NL'ing them.
- SHFFL combos are dangerous.
- Din's Fire works well in the matchup as there's nothing much he can do.
- BAIT HIS APPROACH. Zelda gets beaten on both the ground and the air.
- Uthrow 0% - 30% chain grab works in this MU.
- Zelda's USmash is perhaps her best option when he tries to come in from the air.
- At least 60:40 in Fox's favor. Possibly worse.

Ness :ness2:
Players faced: Damanye, Don't get fsmashed
- Try to read PK Fires and throw them back at Nayru's Love.
- If you get hit by a PK Fire, SDI multiple times away from the Ness. You'll have a chance at avoiding a grab by moving away from him.
- Ness's yoyo is deadly when spaced properly. Ensure your landing by throwing down Din's Fires to limit his mobility.
- Ness's aerials are fast and can be pretty dangerous. Zelda's aerials are better, however, so try and outspace him in the air.
- Nayru's Love is a great approach.
- Set up Din's Fires in locations where PK Fires won't cancel them out. Also avoid shooting them into his DownB.
- 60:40 in Zelda's favor.

Snake :snake:
Players faced: Damanye
- Din's Fire works well here. Zelda's stage control can be as effective as Snake's.
- Bazooka = sad Zelda. Deflecting rounds with Nayru's Love is very effective, however.

- Nayru's Love works as a good approach in this matchup.
- Because of the bazooka, NEVER ROLE IN FRONT OR BEHIND HIM! Easy punish for Snakes.
- Snake's recovery can be gimped easily. Setting up strategic Din's Fires and throwing out Bairs/Fairs shouldn't be too hard.
- Snake has good throws. Avoid pressuring his shield too much to avoid C4 traps that he might lay.
- Usmash and Uair are scary for Zelda. Isn't too much of a problem, but remaining above him is generally a bad idea.
- Snake also has bad options in the air. Usmash and all of Zelda's aerials are effective.
- 50:50 matchup. Maybe 55:45 in Snake's favor at worst.

Peach :peach:
Players faced: Dark.Pch, Nathan M
- Peach's priority > most of Zelda's moveset.
- Peach's dash attack and Nair = sad Zelda.
- Powershield all turnips. NL won't do you any good here unless Peach is like right next to you.
- Peach has less options in the air. Uair, Utilt, and Fair/Bair work well against her.
- READ HER WELL WHEN SHE'S FLOATING. Good Peaches will do more than just FC Fair.
- They can easily get around DF due to good mobility.
- 60:40 in favor of Peach. Sheilda would probably be necessary.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I like threads like these, But you Zeldas got yo Fsmash to space out our float approaches really well.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Haven't tried using Fsmash against Peach's. But then again, it was only last night I learned about its spacing capabilities.

Anyhow, added Snake on there.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
(sorry for double posting.)

The Fox MU I really don't feel is that bad. Either I suck at the MU or he's just really good on Wifi.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget that Zelda has a pseudo-chaingrab on Fox from like 0% to 30% (maybe higher, not sure) She can just uthrow mutliple times -> usmash -> fair or nair (you can only fair if they have bad DI)

D

Deleted member

Yes, Zelda does have the chaingrab on Fox, but remember the stage greatly determines how effective it will be. Fox's U-smash, on the other hand, will kill her regardless of where you are. I can't stand that move.

And F-smash is a cool move. The last hit is quite deceptive. It's funny watching people try to just barely stay out of its range, only for the last hitbox to expand in size and blast them away.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Zelda does have the chaingrab on Fox, but remember the stage greatly determines how effective it will be. Fox's U-smash, on the other hand, will kill her regardless of where you are. I can't stand that move.

And F-smash is a cool move. The last hit is quite deceptive. It's funny watching people try to just barely stay out of its range, only for the last hitbox to expand in size and blast them away.
Good point. If the platforms inhibit the chaingrab then she can just follow up with an nair - it comes out pretty quickly. And even at kill percentages, she can just uthrow -> uair Fox. Gotta love how fast he falls. I believe landing those throws early on in the match is a huge determinant in what the outcome will be.

I love fmsash. 'Nuff said.

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
I definitely don't like the ZSS match-up.
Jigglypuff- given how you play I think it's a solid 50:50
Zelda seems to do very well against spacies and snake.
So yeah, I agree with like everything you wrote...

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Hoping that you all can allow this to remain entirely separate from the matchup thread. It's basically a journal based solely on my personal experience for the most part, so feel free to read whatever I have to offer or carry on. Will update frequently.

Started playing Project M on July 18th, 2013, so it's relatively small now.

Updated 08/16/13

Zero Suit Samus :zerosuitsamus:
Players faced: Shadocat
- Severely outspeeds Zelda
- ZSS's mobility is superb. She can get around Din's Fires easily.
- Comboes Zelda horribly.
- Nayru's Love approach hurts ZSS's options (especially after a neutralB, which stuns her), aside from well-spaced Dsmashes.
- ZSS is unhappy when she's above Zelda.
- ZSS is easy to KO. Punish accordingly.
- 70:30 Zero Suit Samus' favor.
Note: I really, really need help with this matchup. While I did manage to win one game against Shado's really good ZSS, it wasn't easy by any means. In a nutshell, I believe this MU is a spacing and reading battle for Zelda.

Lucas :lucas:
Players faced: Damanye, Shadocat
- Lucas chews on Din's Fires like gum. Don't put them in a place where he can absorb them.
- Zelda clobbers Lucas on the ground and can combo him well.
- Lucas can also combo Zelda hard.
- DO NOT go above him unnecessarily. Usmash kills.
- Approaching with Nayru's Love post PK-freeze is VERY effective. Sets Lucas up for punishments.
- 60:40 Zelda's favor.

Captain Falcon :falcon:
Players Faced: Jozi, Kman
- Zelda combos Falcon hard.
- There's not much she can do against Falcon's Nair. Outspace it with Fair is what I would try.
- The knee of justice = painful.
- Din's Fire hurts his mobility.
- Bait his approach and act accordingly. Several different punishments work, but I love throwing him behind me after a grab.
- Falcon has really good tech chase game. Don't make the same mistake I did by rolling in the same direction. Stay unpredictable.
- Zelda can gimp him very easily due to his predictable recovery.
- 60:40 in Zelda's favor. Probably harder, but it's just me.

Ganondorf :ganondorf:
Players faced: Random guy #1
- Din's Fire hurts his approach options badly. It's the bane of Ganon's existence.
- Can get gimped easily by most of Zelda's moveset
- A bit difficult to punish his shield pressure. Would prefer to use OoS dash attack in such a scenario.
- Zelda can't get comboed very easily, but for her sake, heed Isai's advice and "don't get hit".
- 65:35 Zelda's favor.

Falco :falco:
Players faced: Jozi, What
- Vulnerable to Din's Fire.
- Falco's Dair is a force to be reckoned with.
- Fsmash is a good spacing tool in this matchup, and is rather easier to space because he's slower than Fox
- Shine -> Dair combos are the main combos any Zelda has to worry about from a Falco. SHFFL comboes are more tricky from him against Zelda.
- Uthrow chain grab from 0%-30% works in this MU.
- Falco can be comboed! Watch his DI carefully and punish accordingly.
- Powershield lasers, but feel free to Nayru's Love them back at him. Both are fine options.
- 50:50. I kinda feel like it's in Zelda's favor.

Jigglypuff :jigglypuff:
Players faced: Jozi
- Din's Fire limits her approach. Well-placed mines will force her to go around them.
- Use DF's hitstun to punish her, but be careful not to go too close in case of a surprise Bair or Rest.
- Well-spaced Fairs will clobber Jiggly's Bairs and send her flying! Zelda's Fair reach is slightly more than that of the annoying puffball's Bairs.
- If she hits you with a Rest, DI away in order to die as quickly as possible. Return to the stage ASAP, then punish her with a fully powered Fsmash.
- Jiggly's very dangerous once she has you over the ledge. Jiggly's air game is one of the best in the game, so be wary. Try to time your Farore's Wind to your best in hopes that you can land the hitbox on her, or just recover to the stage the safest way possible. (this is by far the largest advantage Jiggly has over Zelda.)
- Jiggly's powerless against Uair.
- SH Nayru's Love is a good option when Jiggly's on the ground. but note that Jiggly is 90% air game.
- 50:50. I feel like it's actually worse on Zelda's behalf...

Ivysaur :ivysaur:
Players faced: Don't get Fsmashed
- Several outranges Zelda. This pretty much defines the matchup.
- Can be comboed, however. Use hitstun to your advantage.
- Avoid getting caught up in his stage control with the seed bombs. They can be reflected by NL, so note that.
- DI well out of his throws to avoid a well-spaced Vine Whip.
- NL approach works fine, especially after firing a razor leaf. Don't get too predictable or else he'll read you with a grab.
- Probably 60:40 Ivysaur's favor. More than likely it's even.

Fox :fox:
Players faced: Kman, Jozi
- Usmash is a certified Zelda killer <-- Most important to note.
- Lasers shouldn't be too much of a big deal. Try to hop over them rather than NL'ing them.
- SHFFL combos are dangerous.
- Din's Fire works well in the matchup as there's nothing much he can do.
- BAIT HIS APPROACH. Zelda gets beaten on both the ground and the air.
- Uthrow 0% - 30% chain grab works in this MU.
- Zelda's USmash is perhaps her best option when he tries to come in from the air.
- At least 60:40 in Fox's favor. Possibly worse.

Ness :ness2:
Players faced: Damanye, Don't get fsmashed
- Try to read PK Fires and throw them back at Nayru's Love.
- If you get hit by a PK Fire, SDI multiple times away from the Ness. You'll have a chance at avoiding a grab by moving away from him.
- Ness's yoyo is deadly when spaced properly. Ensure your landing by throwing down Din's Fires to limit his mobility.
- Ness's aerials are fast and can be pretty dangerous. Zelda's aerials are better, however, so try and outspace him in the air.
- Nayru's Love is a great approach.
- Set up Din's Fires in locations where PK Fires won't cancel them out. Also avoid shooting them into his DownB.
- 60:40 in Zelda's favor.

Snake :snake:
Players faced: Damanye
- Din's Fire works well here. Zelda's stage control can be as effective as Snake's.
- Bazooka = sad Zelda. Deflecting rounds with Nayru's Love is very effective, however.

- Nayru's Love works as a good approach in this matchup.
- Because of the bazooka, NEVER ROLE IN FRONT OR BEHIND HIM! Easy punish for Snakes.
- Snake's recovery can be gimped easily. Setting up strategic Din's Fires and throwing out Bairs/Fairs shouldn't be too hard.
- Snake has good throws. Avoid pressuring his shield too much to avoid C4 traps that he might lay.
- Usmash and Uair are scary for Zelda. Isn't too much of a problem, but remaining above him is generally a bad idea.
- Snake also has bad options in the air. Usmash and all of Zelda's aerials are effective.
- 50:50 matchup. Maybe 55:45 in Snake's favor at worst.

Peach :peach:
Players faced: Dark.Pch, Nathan M
- Peach's priority > most of Zelda's moveset.
- Peach's dash attack and Nair = sad Zelda.
- Powershield all turnips. NL won't do you any good here unless Peach is like right next to you.
- Peach has less options in the air. Uair, Utilt, and Fair/Bair work well against her.
- READ HER WELL WHEN SHE'S FLOATING. Good Peaches will do more than just FC Fair.
- They can easily get around DF due to good mobility.
- 60:40 in favor of Peach. Sheilda would probably be necessary.
I would have to say that Zelda's worst match-up would probably be Mario or Sonic, what do you good people say?

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I haven't played P:M in a while (more focused on Melee) but I can agree Sonic is a bad matchup for her, not sure about worst. Mario I'm not too sure on, but all I know is that Zhime wrecked Mr. M in that GF set.

Bowser and ZSS are my least favorite match ups.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I haven't played P:M in a while (more focused on Melee) but I can agree Sonic is a bad matchup for her, not sure about worst. Mario I'm not too sure on, but all I know is that Zhime wrecked Mr. M in that GF set.

Bowser and ZSS are my least favorite match ups.
I can destroy Bowser with Zelda, but Zero...you have a good point there. Mr. M didn't use Mario's choice tool in dismantling Din's Fire, Nair. If he had done that, methinks the match would have been different.

Rizner

Smash Ace
I think that the sonic matchup is closer to even than you guys think. It's so dependent on the stage, and if you're able to get a set 2/3 on things like ps2, dracs, sse, final d or other large stages you can control his movements so well.

I've gotten a lot more comfortable with the bowser matchup recently, so idk if I'd say it's as bad as I used to think it was.

Not too sure about the ZSS matchup. Having said that, I find it hard to believe it's as bad as that ratio is but have nothing to say that would give evidence towards that.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say that Zelda's worst match-up would probably be Mario or Sonic, what do you good people say?

Mario isn't a "bad" matchup for Zelda. He can shut down our defensive walls (din's) and we can negate his offensive projectile (fireballs) with Nayru's and we can both combo the heck out of each other.

Not too sure about the ZSS matchup. Having said that, I find it hard to believe it's as bad as that ratio is but have nothing to say that would give evidence towards that.
ZSS's pretty tough, though. Her extremely superior mobility and decent range can make a Zelda very sad.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a melee falco player last night and found that that can be really tough. You can combo him really well, which is good because you need to punish hard and with no mercy to win. Also, his shield pressure is unreal so finding a way to deal with that is essential. I just have to figure out how.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I think that the sonic matchup is closer to even than you guys think. It's so dependent on the stage, and if you're able to get a set 2/3 on things like ps2, dracs, sse, final d or other large stages you can control his movements so well.

I've gotten a lot more comfortable with the bowser matchup recently, so idk if I'd say it's as bad as I used to think it was.

Zero suffers slightly if Din's Fire is out but still is able to weave around and pressure Zelda. Zelda's main means of dealing with pressure (down smash, neutral b) are outraged be ZSS's side b, grab, side and down smash. Teleport is in Zelda's favor slightly, only slightly because Zero is good at chasing down the telegame.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Mario isn't a "bad" matchup for Zelda. He can shut down our defensive walls (din's) and we can negate his offensive projectile (fireballs) with Nayru's and we can both combo the heck out of each other.

ZSS's pretty tough, though. Her extremely superior mobility and decent range can make a Zelda very sad.
I didn't use the telegame when I said that, now that I do I agree with you wholeheartedly.
And I don't agree with those people that put Zelda at the bottom the PM tier list.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I was playing a melee falco player last night and found that that can be really tough. You can combo him really well, which is good because you need to punish hard and with no mercy to win. Also, his shield pressure is unreal so finding a way to deal with that is essential. I just have to figure out how.
Falco can easily be outplayed. You reflect his lasers back in addition to punish hard. Shield pressure is the only thing that I think Zelda has trouble with, but otherwise unlike Fox, Falco lacks the mobility run after Zelda with her FW mobility. 50-50 MU is how I put it, if not Zelda's favor.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Well, from all of my matches with you (playing as Zelda), I've always done best with Ike. You might think that it would be a bad match up for Ike, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't really have any technical info to back this up, but this is what I've learned from fighting your Zelda.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Well, from all of my matches with you (playing as Zelda), I've always done best with Ike. You might think that it would be a bad match up for Ike, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't really have any technical info to back this up, but this is what I've learned from fighting your Zelda.
Yeah, I didn't think of that Zade. Ike is fast enough for Zelda to have to play defensively and not be able to switch to the offensive. Pretty good choice.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
'
Falco can easily be outplayed. You reflect his lasers back in addition to punish hard. Shield pressure is the only thing that I think Zelda has trouble with, but otherwise unlike Fox, Falco lacks the mobility run after Zelda with her FW mobility. 50-50 MU is how I put it, if not Zelda's favor.
What do you guys think Zelda's worst match up would be? After all I've heard, I'm not sure anymore. Maybe Fox or Meta Knight or even Ivysaur.
I'm anxious to read what you guys and girls have to say.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Zade, look it your closet! The guy above your comment is in it.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Ike is kind of a pain to play against, same with Marth. Sworded characters are hard to outrange. Link can be a pain, ZSS is a definite pain, Sonic i've heard is good against Zelda, and Ivysaur is OK against Zelda, but just because 2.6 gave her so many options and so much range to control the air around her.

I think Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, and Wolf are all in Zelda's favor if you don't get hit. I can 0% death combo Falco and Fox for sure, the chain grab works until way more than 30% and you can Usmash or Uthrow into a kick OR just bthrow if your back is to the ledge and Falco can't recover if done above like 50%. I don't know the percents, but when Uthrow starts throwing a little too high you can chase with a Uair and chain a few of those together into Nair or a kick. There's tons Zelda can do against fastfallers.

I play Mario a lot being my friend's main and he's ok. Zelda doesn't struggle too bad against him, Fireballs are fairly easy to play around, they just eat up Din's fire which I don't think is a necessity anyways.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Ike is kind of a pain to play against, same with Marth. Sworded characters are hard to outrange. Link can be a pain, ZSS is a definite pain, Sonic i've heard is good against Zelda, and Ivysaur is OK against Zelda, but just because 2.6 gave her so many options and so much range to control the air around her.

I think Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, and Wolf are all in Zelda's favor if you don't get hit. I can 0% death combo Falco and Fox for sure, the chain grab works until way more than 30% and you can Usmash or Uthrow into a kick OR just bthrow if your back is to the ledge and Falco can't recover if done above like 50%. I don't know the percents, but when Uthrow starts throwing a little too high you can chase with a Uair and chain a few of those together into Nair or a kick. There's tons Zelda can do against fastfallers.

I play Mario a lot being my friend's main and he's ok. Zelda doesn't struggle too bad against him, Fireballs are fairly easy to play around, they just eat up Din's fire which I don't think is a necessity anyways.
I say MK has a fairly impressive matchup as well.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Once he gets in midrange, Ike is pretty tough to beat - and he hits hard. His fair can really pack a punch, as it outranges all of our defensive moves.

However, we can edgeguard him pretty easily and zone him well with Din's because he can't deal with those well at all.

One character that I think is especially hard for Zelda to face is Peach.

jtm94

Smash Lord
OOH Peach is a super pain!!!
She is really hard to approach and her moves do ridiculous damage(Dsmash..). Then you factor in how Fair and Uair are KO moves..

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
what is the way to deal with mario's fireballs? I still struggle with that cause when I throw out a nayru, he usually punishes it with an aerial

jtm94

Smash Lord
My buddy only plays Mario and it isn't THAT bad. You can dance and jump around them, and don't forget teleport is a decent option if he's harassing you THAT badly with them. Nayru's love also land cancels so you can hop with Nayrus and as soon as you hit ground Usmash or utilt.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
what is the way to deal with mario's fireballs? I still struggle with that cause when I throw out a nayru, he usually punishes it with an aerial
Land-cancelled Nayru's is the best option by far, as it can guarantee you a combo if you his own fireball hits him. But you can always teleport out of there or jump around them.

Playing with Mario a lot will give you a good feel for the matchup and more practice with his fireballs.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I don't agree with the Jiggles matchup at all. utilt, Upsmash, upair, fair, bair and fsmash really do a number on Jiggs. Not to mention Jiggs can't out camp her, causing her to play at Zelda's speed, and is too floaty to chain bair or fair. Grabs can KO her early, and getting hit by a nair or nayru's will result in like, a 1/5 of her life instantly gone.

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
Up Smash OoS is sooo good against spacies shield pressure, especially at low percents where you can get 4 u-smashes in a row. How safe is teleport against ZSS? I have no ZSS players to train with.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Eh, I don't agree with the Jiggles matchup at all. utilt, Upsmash, upair, fair, bair and fsmash really do a number on Jiggs. Not to mention Jiggs can't out camp her, causing her to play at Zelda's speed, and is too floaty to chain bair or fair. Grabs can KO her early, and getting hit by a nair or nayru's will result in like, a 1/5 of her life instantly gone.
There is no 1/5 of Jiggs life, Jiggs always plays as if in kill percent. You're right though, fair and bair can't be chained. But up air used to juggle Zelda is DEATH for Zelda. Even if she manages to teleport to the ground, Jiggs could still just push her off the stage. Or get a rest. I say that the MU is fairly even. Zelda can kill Jiggs easily but Jiggs can do the same. Sure, Zelda's fair and bair are deadly, but as long as Jiggs is careful and doesn't charge in there Jiggs is fine.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
There is no 1/5 of Jiggs life, Jiggs always plays as if in kill percent. You're right though, fair and bair can't be chained. But up air used to juggle Zelda is DEATH for Zelda. Even if she manages to teleport to the ground, Jiggs could still just push her off the stage. Or get a rest. I say that the MU is fairly even. Zelda can kill Jiggs easily but Jiggs can do the same. Sure, Zelda's fair and bair are deadly, but as long as Jiggs is careful and doesn't charge in there Jiggs is fine.
Getting zelda far enough in the air, as well as keeping her off the stage is relatively difficult. Especially for the puff. Falling upair is suicide. Dacus will hurt me more than you. Reading the MU notes above I fail to see how it is a fair or even good matchup for jiggs.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Getting zelda far enough in the air, as well as keeping her off the stage is relatively difficult. Especially for the puff. Falling upair is suicide. Dacus will hurt me more than you. Reading the MU notes above I fail to see how it is a fair or even good matchup for jiggs.
I am under the impression based on my exp, that the MU is either even, or VERY slightly in Zelda's favor. SLIGHTLY, but I have yet to see an actual pro Zelda v Jiggs match, so our conjecture is just that, conjecture.

Top Bottom