• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Luigi (Please help)

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
Recently I just started wavedashing and I can say that I have seen a big improvement. Still I'm not sure if I'm doing enough rght at all. First how I wavedash is different then what the video told me. I use Y.L.Y.L.Y.L instead. It doesn't seem like much of a problem but if there is anything to be said then please do so. Let see if I can describe the way I play Luiigi..First first of I usually just normal dash toward them at the beggining of the match, depending if I get a hold of them, I would up-grap and wavedash back to have something to hit with basic attack/ Often at first I like to use f-grab and wavedash to them before hitting the ground and grabbing again. This would continue until I got them of the stage, then I start edgehogging like crazy. I know how to edgefall but that's about it. Usually when I'm patient with wavedashing it works but I need to be quick but when this happens I just start air dodging like 3 inches from the ground and get pummeled. I don't use b-down either, it never seems to help. The main way I play him is a lot of areial, usually use Bair and Fair when juggling, Dair to get them off the ground and Uair after wavedashing(if it actually happens). If anybody could help me improve the way I play Luigi then please help me out. If you need more information about it then ask and I well tell you. :)

C 3

Smash Ace
I would suggest watching ppa0's luigi guide, quite helpful. Second, watch the following players do their thing:

Ka - Master
Azen
Ultra luigi
ROFL
ppa0
yagi
C 3 haha

these guys will really show u how luigi is played, especially ka, the best luigi main EVER.

Also, post up some videos, then it will be better to help u.

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
Post up some videos,you mean like make vids of my own? Ok how would I do that per say since Idon't have pro action replay?

C 3

Smash Ace
Use a camera.
haha well said.

You can do it the C 3/ghetto way, which is hook up the gamecube cables to the VCR, tape your matches on cassette, then tape those with a digi camera, put it on ur computer, put backround music then put it on youtube.

You can also just tape the matches with a camera like sandwich was saying, whatever u can do.

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
Ok, maybe then you guys might have something to laugh at when I play :p but seriously though thanks for helping out.

Top Bottom