• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My little study

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
I was in training mode yesterday. For a long, long time, just trying to figure out if tripping was really random. After an epic failure I just started to study the dash animation of a character. Here are two things I found useful.

First off you can cancel a dash with a crouch. Half way through the dash animation if you tap down on the analog stick, it'll stop the dash, without the stop animation and you'll be free to do tilts, smashes, whatever you want. And the other one i found was you can cancel the dash animation with a jump. there nothing to that one, but its still nice to point out. You can dash short hop and do wolfs Dair for a spike and DI back. Im not sure if anyone else found these but its still interesting and fairly useful. Critisize, flame, thank, or discuss, its your choice :laugh:

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Okay, so you figured out basic physics. Congratulations. This is actually common sense, and most people do these things in game play, and not realize it.

But hey, nice find I guess. It slightly contributes to the technical game, if nobody has figured though things out by now.

And Dash Dancing in this game is pretty futile. Less a mind game and more like watching a person tard out for a couple of seconds till they realize what is actually happening. :laugh:

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
I know, that this is about basically cancelling the dashing animation. I noticed that too, but thats the fox trot ( I think). Oh and I forgot cancelling the dash with a jump should look like he takes the first step of the dash and jumps, it looks very clean and smooth.

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so you figured out basic physics. Congratulations. This is actually common sense, and most people do these things in game play, and not realize it.

But hey, nice find I guess. It slightly contributes to the technical game, if nobody has figured though things out by now.

And Dash Dancing in this game is pretty futile. Less a mind game and more like watching a person tard out for a couple of seconds till they realize what is actually happening. :laugh:
It is simple, but its a start. it speeds up the game (a bit) and a bit is alot more than we have right now :laugh:. It probably could be expanded on and find other uses for it. The wavedash for example is BASICALLY air dodging. Air dodging is simple, but its been expanded on (In Melee) to become a VERY advanced technique. This might end up like that, its just a little bit of information that could go a long way.

ibitepizzaa

Smash Rookie
I really don't understand why they put in random tripping...I think it should only happen if you move too quickly on a slope or something, not while your just moving.

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai stated that he wanted to make super smash bros more focused on aerial combat. And since this game is more focused on casuals who dash and spam Fsmash and neutral B moves, he wanted to (subconciously) FORCE them to make the change and go into aerial combat. I guess its just his way of showing there are more ways of getting around then just simply dashing

Luz

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai stated that he wanted to make super smash bros more focused on aerial combat. And since this game is more focused on casuals who dash and spam Fsmash and neutral B moves, he wanted to (subconciously) FORCE them to make the change and go into aerial combat. I guess its just his way of showing there are more ways of getting around then just simply dashing
Wait, what? In my experience, I feel like the game got more ground-oriented... :S

Top Bottom