• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My (Likely Controversial) Proposal for a New Meta

Do you agree?

• Yes. You are absolutely right.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Although some choices are a little off, this is still a good idea.

• Yes. I genuinely don't know why.

• No. I genuinely don't know why.

• No. Although some choices I agree with, this is very, very bad.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I assume the movement-based items are meant to offer a crutch to Ganon/lil Mac etc. who would benefit disproportionately from them, and I guess enable some crazy combo potential. And to a lesser extent, allow players to undermine Steve's self quarantine shenanigans 💀. Personally I like items that serve more as hazards than something that helps anyone in particular, like the exploding box (except that one happens to bring 🔥-based attacks to the fore, which would likely shake up the meta in a completely unguided, incidental way. Hero's neutral b comin at ya lul)

Rage boost though? Not sure what purpose that might serve. In theory it bridges the gap for a player getting whooped, in practice it actually favors the one to get first stock and the rich get richer. Not to mention the jank knockback off the top.

Character-specific starting damage is a neat idea, with a side effect of accelerating the matches, negating certain combos, and probably lots of other things.

Top Bottom