• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My jigg against link

sabo182

Smash Rookie
So this is clear, this guy playing with link is making me to the insanity!!! his neutral air cancells every jigg's aerial, plus his l-cancell won't let me hit him, also he won't try a grab with me 'cause he knows that I will punish him, and finally, those boomerangs and bombs are endless and they hit leaving me for a combo!!

Help me kick this guy's body hahahaa....

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Link vs. Jigs is another matchup that takes advantage of range, as you've obviously noticed :p

Don't worry about the boomerang! When it comes into your range, F-air or N-air to parry the hit, or just shield when on the ground.

The bombs, on the other hand, are your friends. Z-grab every bomb he throws your way; Link's bombs actually provide a relatively handy setup into rest, here are the 2 ways I know to do it: After you catch the bomb, space correctly above him. Depending on whether he tries an U-air or plays it defensively (goes into sheild or scurries to a safer distance), you will have to adjust accordingly. Throw the bomb downwards then fast-fall to catch up with it. Link should have stun frames long enough to pull a rest off. ALSO, you can throw the bomb downwards while you're on the ground for an unexpected set-up with similar style to Jigs' U-tilt.

But impromptu bomb-rest combos aren't what evens this match out. Link's weight and falling speed makes him vulnerable to nasty WoP combos. If his N-air is worrying you, just go for one hit at a time, because regardless of how worried you are of his close range attacks, the Link player is much more concerned about YOUR close range attacks. Get inside, stay on his sides, don't get underneath him, and you should be fine... but yeah, frustrating matchup for real :)

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Riding on what SchoolieDee said, you should try to keep as close to him as possible. Make Link feel uncomfortable. I recall reading on how to deal with Y.Link, the trick was to penetrate his projectile bubble. If you're close enough, then he won't be able to attack with boomerang, bomb, or bow without being punished. With good spacing, you should be able to pull off hit-and-run tactics while still leaving little opportunity for Link to spam his projectiles.

And n-airing the Boomerang actually is a good idea, because at certain trajectories it's rebound will miss Link/Y.Link and thus deprive him of his precious boomerang for just that much more. (Fighting a friend's Y.Link on FD, I was coming back from the right and n-aired the rang fired at me... it flew down and out of sight; a second later to our surprise it came flying up through the middle of the stage.)

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Well I'll tack on to what both of you said :D

I think that once you get inside the little "bubble" you should be fine if you keep the spacing. I mean if he does a dash attack, land back and CC -> rest. If he goes for an Up Air, try and keep him guessing which way you will go after jumping up to punish him with a F air or B air combo. Also if he just starts to go for a N air to stop you pound him and give him some hurt I like Pound-> U air-> U tilt-> whatever. I like to combo more instead of "Surprise. Rest!"

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
I say this to every jiggly player, but DUCK UNDER HIS S**T.

Bait grabs. Duck them. Rest.
Bait his Spin Attack. Duck it. Rest.
You can duck his boomerang on the ground, or Nair it (as previously mentionned) in the air.
If you're standing on the ground, and he tried to fall on you with a nair, CC rest. (low % for you)
WoPing Link is easy. If he grapples, fall on him with a Nair or whatever aerial is appropriate/easiest for you to hit with.

Sliq

Smash Master
Space it so you bair the tip of his foot when he tries to nair you.

Jiggly Puffz

Smash Cadet
I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!I agree!!!

Top Bottom