• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My issues with Falcon

Yards

Smash Rookie
Here is a list of my reason**** I generally lose matches. Please help me with quick answers.

1. Tech chasing. The opponent spot dodges

2. Keeping up with Falco on battlefield and yoshi story

3. Recovery options

4. The marth/ shiek match up

Providing links and quick answers would be amazing.

Thank you

Rachman

be water my friend
1.) You're too slow. Once you know if you're too slow (generally you shouldn't be but sometimes it'll happen) try and punish their wake up option. For example, if your opponent always buffers spot dodge just stomp when you get there instead of grab.

2.) This is a ridiculously open ended question. Get faster and maneuver better around their lasers/chosen laser heights?

3.) Same as above...master dj sweetspots, recovering with an aerial, up b ledge cancels and fadebacks and fast falling through platforms, airdodging onto stage, air dodging then fading back onto ledge, when to use down b and side b....all of those are recovery things. Generally you'll want to double jump sweetspot to ledge if you are close enough and they aren't covering it because Falcon is really good off of the ledge and it's pretty free if they aren't obviously going to cover it

4.) Run around and look for an opening to either go in or punish their endlag on a whiffed move. Both of them are edgeguarded in many cases by staying on ledge and punishing with a ledgehop stomp reverse knee or just a plain reverse knee once they are forced to land on stage. Also, it's important to really put the hurt on them off of a throw, check out my thread for %s http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-kill-people-when-you-hit-them-wip.428871/ and what to do at each one

Last edited:
Top Bottom