• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My impressions from this weekend

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I had a fun time this weekend, and I would like to note a few things I learned from the arkansas smash community.

1. Meals are for when you are hungry whether this is 3 in the afternoon or 1 in the morning.
2. Fastfood is the only source of nutrition.
3. All smashers watch anime.
4. Car pooling is the way to go.
5. 4 t.v.s all playing smash at the same time for hours straight is pretty awesome.
6. Sleeping hours are 4 am - 12 pm.
7. Don't trust 2008 vids to see how good you are compared to other smashers.
8. Crew battles are fun when your opponent gives you massive advantages (such as peach on ic's on dreamland).
9. Sometimes stocks are determined not by skill but by fate. Like pulling out a sick turnup after being comboed for 120% by ace. :)
10. Elfen Lied's anime is way more awesome than the manga.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Oh My Goooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddd

why do people list so much bad/crappy anime

They're eating her... Next they're going to eat me...

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Oh My Goooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddd

why do people list so much bad/crappy anime

They're eating her... Next they're going to eat me...
If this post is insulting Elfen Lied, you need to get your BRAIN examined. Elfen Lied is the second best horror anime EVER(Ultimate Hellsing is the best).

Laijin

Smash Hero
If this post is insulting Elfen Lied, you need to get your BRAIN examined. Elfen Lied is the second best horror anime EVER(Ultimate Hellsing is the best).
wtf is this genre?
I can't name one horror anime that could be called "Amazing".
Higurashi no Koro Ni is alright.
Elfen Lied was cool for the shock factor, but that **** got old fast.
Umineko is looking to be alright, but I would never call it amazing.

Hellsing is not a horror anime. Its more action than horror.
I have yet to see an "amazing" horror anime.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Isn't Higurashi no Koro Ni a mystery anime? I watched it like a year ago, and I thought that it was a mystery not a horror.
Ultimate Hellsing is included in both horror and action genre though. And Ultimate Hellsing is definitely amazing.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
I had a fun time this weekend, and I would like to note a few things I learned from the arkansas smash community.

1. Meals are for when you are hungry whether this is 3 in the afternoon or 1 in the morning.
2. Fastfood is the only source of nutrition.
3. Most smashers watch anime.
4. Car pooling is the way to go.
5. 4 t.v.s all playing smash at the same time for hours straight is pretty awesome.
6. Sleeping hours are 4 am - 12 pm.
7. Don't trust 2008 vids to see how good you are compared to other smashers.
8. Crew battles are fun when your opponent gives you massive advantages (such as peach on ic's on dreamland).
9. Sometimes stocks are determined not by skill but by fate. Like pulling out a sick turnup after being comboed for 120% by ace. :)
10. Elfen Lied's anime is way more awesome than the manga.

fixed
10yeah

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yea son straight up

Garbanzo and Gmoney holding it down

Team Tavares where u at???

not Tavares that's for sure

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
why would you capitalize brain? like i don't see how that word would get more emphasis than any other would in your sentence.

Unless you JUST talk LIKE... THIS.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Isn't Higurashi no Koro Ni a mystery anime? I watched it like a year ago, and I thought that it was a mystery not a horror.
Ultimate Hellsing is included in both horror and action genre though. And Ultimate Hellsing is definitely amazing.
How the heck is Ultimate Hellsing considered horror but Higurashi is not?
Not making sense there

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I THINK both Ultimate Hellsing AND Higurashi should BE conSIDERED horror aNimes.
Lord Rayku, Paradise lost IS a great book. Satan HAS the best lines which is cool. For me my favorite line is my signature LINE or "Better to reign in hell than SERVE in heaven". I chose the ONE i HAVE because it IS less KNOWN.
I also like the line "Greedily she engorged without restraint, And knew not eating death" (Eve eating the forbidden fruit) and "So farewell hope, and, with hope, farewell fear, Farewell remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good".
Paradise Lost is so AWESOME.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
What I learned from Tipped Off 5 which happened on the same weekend:

Derp, derp, derp. Melee is fun derp. I annoy people in game and IRL. People cheer against me unless they are from the midsouth or some of GA. I like chocolate milk. Darkrain sucks.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
What I learned from Tipped Off 5 which happened on the same weekend:

Derp, derp, derp. Melee is fun derp. I annoy people in game and IRL. People cheer against me unless they are from the midsouth or some of GA. I like chocolate milk. Darkrain sucks.
you didnt come to tipped off 5 silly.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
well I certainly didn't go to Tipped Off 5...

Also Elfen Lied Manga >>>>> Anime

At least the manga has a conclusion that makes sense.

Someone needs to come to my tournament and bring Melee skills with you.

If you get the chance to look it up the Gantz manga is 100 times better than the anime.

I recently watched all of Code Geass, and that is one of the best anime's I have seen.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Finally, a man who speaks sense (except for the ellfen Lied part but I'll forgive you for that)
Gantz manga is fricken awesome (haven't seen the anime).
Code Geass first season is awesome. The second season I found kind of dumb at points. And whoever made Code Geass blows at chess (The Marching King is a smart middle game strategy? what? Kings can attack kings?)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I guess if you like stories with no coherent plot or ending, you could watch the Elfen Lied Anime.

Or you could read the Manga which is significantly better because it makes an ounce of sense.

But it'd still mediocre at best <_<

I bet you liked the Death Note Anime better than the Manga too. (ugh.)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I thought Elfen Lied was a terrific anime with an effective blend of multiple genres.

My only gripe is when Kota is like, "You killed my father and my sister in the bloodiest manner possible right in front of me... BUT THAT'S OKAY!"

Seriously, wtf?

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
See guys... you don't understand Lelouch's mindgames, which is why his opponent was surprised when he started with marching king. He ended up getting mindgamed. ANYWAYS my new sig is evidence of my new favorite anime. That is if my sig show's up cause of course my post has to be big enough. I'm still waiting for Gantz to hurry up and finish the manga cause it's so good. after reading the Gantz manga the show was too... garbage.

About the kings thing... it didn't make sense to me because you can't end your turn by putting your king purposely in check... so maybe you're right but that's not the important part of the show. Lelouch reminds me of a less evil Light Yagami, and his actions in the second season and even part of the plot are reminiscent of Death Note. Of course Lelouch repents and takes action to change the world for the better, while Light gets even more crazy. Both seasons of Code Geass were great imo, only the first of Death Note, after L was gone the show was just... meh.

Edit:
My only gripe is when Kota is like, "You killed my father and my sister in the bloodiest manner possible right in front of me... BUT THAT'S OKAY!"

Seriously, wtf?
and this is just one of the many reasons the manga was better.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
See guys... you don't understand Lelouch's mindgames, which is why his opponent was surprised when he started with marching king. He ended up getting mindgamed. ANYWAYS my new sig is evidence of my new favorite anime. That is if my sig show's up cause of course my post has to be big enough. I'm still waiting for Gantz to hurry up and finish the manga cause it's so good. after reading the Gantz manga the show was too... garbage.

About the kings thing... it didn't make sense to me because you can't end your turn by putting your king purposely in check... so maybe you're right but that's not the important part of the show. Lelouch reminds me of a less evil Light Yagami, and his actions in the second season and even part of the plot are reminiscent of Death Note. Of course Lelouch repents and takes action to change the world for the better, while Light gets even more crazy. Both seasons of Code Geass were great imo, only the first of Death Note, after L was gone the show was just... meh.

Edit:

and this is just one of the many reasons the manga was better.
I think the implication at the end of code geass was that he had it planned all along. (Minus the whole Nunally thing and Euphie going BERSERKER MODE!!!) But then again, the end of season 2 was rushed at best because they were given a crappy time slot (so I hear, but the ending was definitely rushed).

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Nope, manga was better. Both Death Note's Anime and Manga were awesome till L died (Nods head at Cyner) then I read and watched the rest out of a strick sense of loyalty.

Cyner, the fact that Kota's reaction makes more sense in the manga is undeniable as you said. . .

BUT

The manga became way to drawn out. I recognize the fact that the anime didn't explain very much (such as what the hell Boss dude with horns was doing in the first place). However, with climatic scene after a climatic scene, each time thinking that this manga would come to end only to have the old characters be magically ressurected.
And then the manga ended with every single person who had died in the past 50 chapters come back to life MAGICALLY. That annoyed me.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
I guess if you like stories with no coherent plot or ending, you could watch the Elfen Lied Anime.

Or you could read the Manga which is significantly better because it makes an ounce of sense.

But it'd still mediocre at best <_<

Personally, I hate when a story gets in the way of people getting mushed up by random naked chicks with invisible arms. :confused: :confused:

Top Bottom