• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Ike and Sonic SSBB Combo Vid

D

Deleted member

he has 1 post, with 1 video, he clearly hasn't posted anything else.

stick to sonic.

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
Some of those sonic combos were pretty entertaining. I wasn't super-impressed with the ike stuff. We've all seen plenty of eruption edgeguards.

My biggest, bestest, number-one-est piece of advice, though, is don't slow-motion replay anything unless it's f*ing miraculous. One or two per video, at the most. And if everything in your vid is so F*ing miraculous that you feel the need to slow-mo more than that, then don't slow-mo anything and let it all stand for itself.

-GK

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Some of those sonic combos were pretty entertaining. I wasn't super-impressed with the ike stuff. We've all seen plenty of eruption edgeguards.

My biggest, bestest, number-one-est piece of advice, though, is don't slow-motion replay anything unless it's f*ing miraculous. One or two per video, at the most. And if everything in your vid is so F*ing miraculous that you feel the need to slow-mo more than that, then don't slow-mo anything and let it all stand for itself.

-GK
No his Sonic was crap too.

Hitage

Smash Cadet
...yea the sonic was extremely average and maybe a bit below average, ike was umm unimpressive sorry. Seen better

Kraxil

Smash Rookie
I liked the video.

And since when was it a rule that non-pro players can't post videos of their killings?

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
No his Sonic was crap too.
-Thecatinthehat
While it wasn't the best Sonic footage I've seen, comparatively it was the best footage in the video. Some of the sonic was poor, but some was entertaining, as I said. This is clearly his first video. I was trying to be constructive (a novel concept, I know, but one you may want to look into). If he's going to keep making videos, I'd vastly prefer for him to build on his strengths.

-GK

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
Welcome to smashboards pete.

Where everybody is a critic =/
-Tnt726
What do you expect from the internet? Of course there are always going to be people who trash on others just because it makes them feel big. But I think there are also people here who genuinely want to help.

Telling a kid who paints a genuinely crappy picture that his picture sucks doesn't help him get better. But neither does blowing smoke up his skirt and telling him he's the next Picasso. What's best is to point out, if you can, what he did wrong and ways he could improve for next time.

But if you think that I'm running around heaping criticisms that I myself couldn't withstand, feel free to flame the hell out of my own first attempt at a video. I promise you won't hurt my feelings. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162013

-GK

Tnt726

Smash Cadet
What do you expect from the internet? Of course there are always going to be people who trash on others just because it makes them feel big. But I think there are also people here who genuinely want to help.

Telling a kid who paints a genuinely crappy picture that his picture sucks doesn't help him get better. But neither does blowing smoke up his skirt and telling him he's the next Picasso. What's best is to point out, if you can, what he did wrong and ways he could improve for next time.

But if you think that I'm running around heaping criticisms that I myself couldn't withstand, feel free to flame the hell out of my own first attempt at a video. I promise you won't hurt my feelings. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162013

-GK
every one IS a critic you were very helpful with mine tho! some people are just very harsh and need to tell people how to improve and not flame them and say they suck. all that does is put others down, and after having that done by my mom my whole life i cant begin to tell you how it feels if anyone puts some one down, it angers me and people need to change on here and be more supportive.

Top Bottom