• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Ideas for ssb4!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Soo....Being bored after 10:00 not wanting to sleep, i brainstormed ideas i'd like to ssee in ssb4.

home- turf-advantages

Although hard to do, i think that since each stage is based off of a frannchise, a character from that franchise should get some small advantages there.

If i recall, this was done in brawl with iice climbers being able to grab icy surfaces, which the stage from their series iss made of.

Simpler things could make matches easy. For example, on a stage from mother, the ultimate chimera spawns.Only a char from the mother series can hit the "off" switch on its back. (switch actually in the game) to make it fall over and disappear.

It could potentially add a fun twist to gameplay.
----------------------------------
another iidea is a minigame section.Ex.

Trophy rain

trophies that you have obtained fall from the sky.grab them all to win a new trophy.Eventually it would become impossible to win any more trophies from it.

sandbag jugle

A sandbag falls with 50% and your goal is to keep juggling it for as long as you can without letting it touch ground

thoughts

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Sandbag Volleyball; basically your idea but you have to get it to the other person's side.

nessokman

Smash Lord
A smash minigame would have to help you be combat ready. Juggling is a great way to get larger amounts of damage and star kills. A ttrophy grab would teach you to think fast.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sandbag Volleyball; basically your idea but you have to get it to the other person's side.
So, Tekken Ball in Smash Bros. Tekken Ball anywhere automatically makes the game better. I just wish that Namco will patch that mode in the PS360 versions.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
So, Tekken Ball in Smash Bros. Tekken Ball anywhere automatically makes the game better. I just wish that Namco will patch that mode in the PS360 versions.
Tekken Ball but you can do air combos.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
"Tekken: Y Axis" would be the greatest game ever.
Well, we could get that with Smash 4, just take out the Z axis and replace it with the Y (or more emphasis as I should say).

On topic OP (I apologize), I don't like the idea of there being a home field advantage for stages. It sounds fun in theory, but it just raises more things to address in balance. Like, the Ultimate Chimera example is a situation where this could go bad or just be useless in the long run.

Though, for the Ice Climbers, that is an interesting idea of their shoes reducing their traction on the surface, but that could add up to be a big advantage on how that's done.

Trophy Rain was kind of already done in Melee in case you forgot.

Top Bottom