• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Ideal Ike Movelist ;)

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, yeah, everyone seems to be complaining about how bad Ike is and how he doesn't stand as high up as the other characters, but there's still about 3 - 4 months until Brawl's release, which means crunch time for Nintendo! What should SORA be focusing on improving? Well, knowing how they just debuted a Brawl demo at E For All, they're probably going to be concentrating on the fan's feedback... Maybe.

This might mean that Ike may be changed by February 10th. I'm not saying this for certain, but it seems very likely and I wouldn't be surprised if some of you even contacted Nintendo to ask of them to change Ike. With all this, I think our blue-haired friend might be buffed up a little ...

How buffed up? Well, here's my ideal movelist...

First off, I don't see why SORA made Ike such a slow character. In Path of Radiance, Ike was one of the fastest characters in the entire game, maxing out his Speed stat before anyone else! Well, I'm not sure if the character's stats from their franchise games will affect their Smash appearance, but I think SORA may have overlooked this.

Anyway, onto the movelist...

Normal Attacks:

A, A, A - Ike slashes upward to the left, upward to the right, and finishes with a downward
vertical slash.

Dash A - Ike leaps forward while performing an upward diagonal slash to the right, and landing with a downward diagonal slash to the left.

Strong A (Side) - Ike performs a spinning roundhouse kick.

Strong A (Down) - Ike stabs to the shins.

Strong A (Up) - Ike performs a crescent slash upwards.

Smash A (Side) - Ike kicks forward and follows up with a downward slash.

Smash A (Down) - Ike slashes to either side of him.

Smash A (Up) - Ike jumps up a little while spinning, performing an upward arcing slash.

Aerial Attacks:

A - Ike performs two kicks.

Smash A (Forward) - Ike swings his sword downward, following up with an upward slash.

Smash A (Back) - Ike spins twice, slashing enemies behind him twice.

Smash A (Down) - Ike flips and plunges with his sword downward.

Smash A (Up) - Ike performs a circular swing above him with his sword.

Grabs:

Z - Ike grabs the opponent at the lapel area.

A (Grabbing) - Ike knees the opponent in the stomach.

Forward (Grabbing) - Ike kicks the opponent forward.

Back (Grabbing) - Ike throws the enemy back and strikes at them with the butt of his hilt.

Down (Grabbing) - Ike hurls the enemy into the ground and kicks them away.

Up (Grabbing) - Ike throws up the enemy and slashes them upwards.

Special Attacks:

B: Eruption - Hold B to charge. When released, Ike will stab his sword into the ground, creating fire that spews upwards. A fully charged Eruption will instantly K.O. a foe, at the cost of 10% damage to Ike. When performed in the air, Ike plunges down while planting his sword (Like Link's d-air), with fire spewing out of the tip of Ragnell.

Smash B: Blitz - Hold B to charge. When released, Ike will zip through enemies while slashing through them, covering ground depending on how long you held B.

Down B: Counter - Ike flashes and performs a parrying stance. Ike will slash back at any attack that strikes him while flashing. Damage will vary, depending on how damaging the hostile's attack would've dealt.

Up B: Aether - Ike hurls Ragnell up, catches it, and plunges down with a vertical slash. Hold forward while performing the throw to have Ike throw Ragnell upward to the front at an angle.

Final Smash: Aether Break - Ike will throw up Ragnell. He will then follow up by catching it in midair and performing a series of fiery slashes and finishes by performing a mighty downward swing, diving into the ground. Ike creates an explosion upon landing. If the initial throw misses the enemy, then the Final Smash fails.

Taunt 1: Ike rests Ragnell on his shouldar and taunts the enemy.

Taunt 2: Ike thrusts Ragnell upward. While thrusted up, Ragnell will shine at the tip of its blade.

Taunt 3: Ike plants Ragnell into the ground and provokes the enemy. He then pulls Ragnell back out.

Hope you enjoyed this... Especially what I did with Aether ;)

Bash20

Smash Rookie
yeah cool but i only needs be a littel quick thats only cause if you see his smash atack foward hits 36 whats that hell and have a good nock back 2 of that to fox and its the end.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
what about the ranged attack that Ragnell gives Ike in PoR?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
First off, I don't see why SORA made Ike such a slow character. In Path of Radiance, Ike was one of the fastest characters in the entire game, maxing out his Speed stat before anyone else! Well, I'm not sure if the character's stats from their franchise games will affect their Smash appearance, but I think SORA may have overlooked this.
I'm sorry, but I was under the impression that Ike was rather quick, it's his sword slashes which are slow, am I wrong?

Also, I want to point out that, since Sakurai is making the game somewhat realistic, Ike's slowness with a sword is perfectly reasonable. I mean could you attack quickly and have no repercussions with a sword that weighs almost twice as much as you do? Seriously Ragnell weighs 4 less than a Pegasus and her knight in PoR x_x

I can understand a bit how Ike's attacks are slow, though Sakurai may have went a bit overboard. Plus the people that went to E 4 All had very little playtime, they could not have throughly tested out Ike's full potential in 3-4 days of play.

So just wait for Brawl to come out and relax, who know's what hidden potential Ike may have?

-Knight

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i think he has tip though like marth had and he must make more dmg thn roy

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
if roy and marth there will be fast char (marth) medium fast char(roy) and slow (ike) lol just like they did with kirby dd slow mk fast kirby medium

GenG

Smash Lord
if roy and marth there will be fast char (marth) medium fast char(roy) and slow (ike) lol just like they did with kirby dd slow mk fast kirby medium
The difference of speed between Marth and Roy isn't noticeable. Actually Roy falls faster, but the moves have almost identical frames.

Ike has a decent sprint speed, but with important delay after and before the moves.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
but was ike a fire moves guy? cuz i dont think he used alot of fire and in brawl his eruption..

GenG

Smash Lord
Ike never used a fire move in the games but in Brawl you can charge Eruption to a OHKO move like Roy's Flare Blade, even with the 10% damage to Ike (according to Gimpy).

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol its never gonna be used like the flare blade roy had

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
hes just a roy with different moves thats why i hate sakurai cuz roy was much better than a stupid ike he was in less games less popular but ike doesnt look good + roy is already popular for being smash char and why remove him?!!

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
ike already has a movelist >_>
You've obviously under-estimated my knowledge here, Gimpy...

I'm well aware that Ike has a movelist... And I wasn't TOO happy about it as I was with the other newcomers. I'm just saying that I thought that Ike should just be sped up just a teensy bit...

Besides, my philosophy of why Sakurai delayed Brawl till February 10th was because of E For All. I'm guessing that he was gonna use the feedback from E For All to improve the game by December 3rd, but, as most of us would guess, that isn't enough time... So, he pushed it back to February 10th... I think that makes sense. All I'm doing, here, is contributing to the pool of feedback that Brawl should be getting :\

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Besides, my philosophy of why Sakurai delayed Brawl till February 10th was because of E For All. I'm guessing that he was gonna use the feedback from E For All to improve the game by December 3rd, but, as most of us would guess, that isn't enough time... So, he pushed it back to February 10th... I think that makes sense. All I'm doing, here, is contributing to the pool of feedback that Brawl should be getting :\
The main reason why Brawl was delayed (I also think there was a thread on the delay somewhere on smashboards). Was that Nintendo wanted to have the monopoly on the market when it came to brawl's release. February is a perfect month to gain after holiday sales, and when your a company of any size making the most money possible is always the highest priority.

Also if you do think that Sakurai is going to use the feedback from E4All to improve the game, tell me how he's going to get this information? Did you or do you know someone that could have gotten this information to Sakurai himself?

It's obvious that when a presenting a demo it's going to have some bugs and somethings will change upon Brawl's release, but I wouldn't expect a whole overhaul on Ike's move's just because he apparently is lackluster when compared to the rest of the characters that were presented at E4All. Someone has to suck and I guess by the responses the person to do that is Ike.

-Knight

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
The main reason why Brawl was delayed (I also think there was a thread on the delay somewhere on smashboards). Was that Nintendo wanted to have the monopoly on the market when it came to brawl's release. February is a perfect month to gain after holiday sales, and when your a company of any size making the most money possible is always the highest priority.

Also if you do think that Sakurai is going to use the feedback from E4All to improve the game, tell me how he's going to get this information? Did you or do you know someone that could have gotten this information to Sakurai himself?

It's obvious that when a presenting a demo it's going to have some bugs and somethings will change upon Brawl's release, but I wouldn't expect a whole overhaul on Ike's move's just because he apparently is lackluster when compared to the rest of the characters that were presented at E4All. Someone has to suck and I guess by the responses the person to do that is Ike.

-Knight
You present a good point, there, my friend. I have no knowledge in the bussiness area, and you obviously seem very knowledgeable in that field. I guess that seems like a legit statement on your part.

How would the team receive feedback, though? There's the internet... It's quite possible that employees would want to check forums or game sites to see how well their game did at E For All instead of working off of nothing, or at least, very little :p

At least, that's my opinion :D

Bash20

Smash Rookie
hey dude ike was a bull**** marth get him a ultra combo around all the map roy was only a player to makes melee with more players but ike its totaly diferent have diferent moves and many other movements (somones are like some marth and roy skills).

note: bowser in brawl i have heard that its a high tier cause they modified his speed i think u dont have to subestimate some players if the game isnt at stores now that game on U.S its a demo to see whats going on in the gameplay they could chamge many things after the game its realese

A.J!

Smash Rookie
souldn't ike have a projectile btw? i mean in POR he could use ragnell as a ranged wep aswell

Top Bottom