• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My idea for a Square-Enix representative (Final Fantasy Party)

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Ok, hear me out. You would select Final Fantasy Party from the character selection screen, then a sub-menu would open up with the 6 character classes from the first Final Fantasy, and you would choose 4 of them to switch in and out between during the fight. It would work like Pokémon Trainer, so they would have one damage meter, with separate stamina, and switching out with Down-B would be like using a potion or something. So, what do you guys think?

Edit: Now that the game is out, how about this idea. All six characters show up on the bottom character portrait, then you highlight the four you want to use. Like selecting which Pokemon to star with. They would all follow each other around like the Ice climbers, too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well that certainly is a very interesting idea...That would be great in a fighting game (Of THIS type) though many people might not like that concept...

It won't be in Brawl though

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
To OP, great idea, probably the BEST FF in Brawl ideas so far. It would be a very cool addition.
I actually came up with it when they announced Sonic and started thinking seriously about more 3rd party characters, but I never got around to posting it till' now.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
What were the classes in the first FF?

Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage
Fighter/Knight
Monk
Thief

?

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
What were the classes in the first FF?

Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage
Fighter/Knight
Monk
Thief

?
Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage
Fighter
Black Belt
Thief

Fighter was called Knight and Black Belt was called Monk in Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, though.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Black Mage would attack with fire/ice/thunder spells
Fighter would be a slow, but powerful sword user
Black Belt a fast character with combo-attacks but no very strong attacks
and Thief would throw daggers and stuff

Sadly this will stay a dream :(

Top Bottom