• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My greatest wish...

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
Is for a Monster Hunter to end up in Ultimate. MH is my blood, Smash is my soul and Dark Souls is my body.. and I know Souls ain't coming. We have Rathalos, an entire area and some spirits (I think? Not sure on this one) from MH but literally nothing otherwise. I know MH is a game with over 10 weapons, but it could work. Across the kit, from B Specials to Smashes, you could factor in nearly all (or even ALL) of the MH weapons, but I'd say 5-6 is good enough. You could have projectiles in the form of a Bow or Bowgun to put zoning pressure on your opponent, then something like a Greatsword as your primary for Aerials. Perhaps the FSmash could bring out the lance, with the initial Jab having you bring up the Lance's shield to give you super armor. The sling from MHW could also be worked in here as well. You could factor in the Greatsword charging into a B move or use it as a FSmash if you chose not go use the Lance / Gunlance.. there's just so much that would click well.

It would be an extremely technical character and it wouldn't be easy, but it could work, and we have reason for it with MH stuff being jammed into Ultimate. You could also compromise and bring in a Palico Hunter from MHGU or something, which would be much easier to work into Smash. As a huge MH fan, I just want SOMETHING from the series on the roster, and a Hunter or a Palico Hunter could work well. If a regular human Hunter was used, some liberties would have to be taken with the weapon scaling / size otherwise you'd be able to outspace the entire roster, but it COULD work if done right.

Is it a pipe dream? Probably, but my new main just busted out of a pipe so we'll see where things go, at this rate some days I feel like it's the pipe that's smoking in front of me with all that's happening with this game.. but my god I love it.

Imagine DSmashing someone off the stage with a Hammer Golf Swing.. and tell me I'm crazy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom