• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Ganon needs some help.

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
Hey, its been a while since I've been on here and I've only really been kind of active in the Ganon boards, which brings to my question...

I can't really break top 3 in the tri-cities area of TN. I'm pretty good with Ganon (Not gonna say I am incredible even if I place decently well with him) really vastly better with him than I am with anyone else. But like I said, can't really break top 3. When I run into those players that don't just know how to play the matchups but are also good period outside of them I get clogged up. Ness in particular.

I love Ganondorf as much as the next son of darkness but I think I need another character or maybe a pocket secondary, preferably one that I can bring my Ganon fundamentals to so I can hit the ground running. I like Falcon somewhat, but he doesn't feel as similar as some people think he is. Had a bit of fun with mewtwo recently and I do like sonic, but I am open to suggestions.

Halp

and thanks!

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Do you have any video footage? It'd be much easier to provide tips if we see things play-by-play.

Also, if your main problem is Ness, I'd recommend sticking with Ganon rather than going through the trouble of picking up a secondary. We don't necessarily win the matchup, but it's definitely one of our best top tier matchups. Make sure you edgeguard him hard, especially if he loses his double jump.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Of course, as Blobface said, Ness is a decent top tier match-up (maybe 40-60?), so I would definitely recommend sticking with Ganondorf for that one. But Ganondorf unquestionably has a large amount of poor match-ups, so I'd recommend choosing a secondary that covers his weaknesses.

I'd personally say Mewtwo is actually quite a good choice. He has a projectile and reflector, and a good recovery, which are all things that Ganondorf lacks. He also has a similar playstyle to Ganondorf as well, which could be helpful.

Another good secondary is Lucario. He can help with some top tiers that usually have trouble killing, and has a projectile as well. I wouldn't say his playstyle is that similar to Ganondorf though.

Captain Falcon is an alright choice, but he has a similarly poor recovery, so unless you find yourself comfortable with the character, maybe consider someone else.

Sonic doesn't really have a similar playstyle to Ganondorf, and believe it or not, actually has some problems with certain campers such as Villager.

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
Blobface Blobface Litany Litany Unfortunately I don't have any footage personally but I'll check with the streamers. And thanks for the advice, Probably just need a little more experience with the ness match up, I only get any real fights late in these tournaments. I guess I'll hit up the ness boards for online sparring. I'm gonna give mewtwo a serious go as he seems to have alot of the things I wish ganon had and is fun to me. Again, Thanks!

Top Bottom