• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Gamestop isn't having a Midnight Launch :( Should I try Walmart?

Isis

Smash Rookie
I looked at the list of stores that are having tournaments, and none of my 5 Gamestops are having one. I thought to myself, well maybe they'll still have a midnight launch thing! But I called nearly all of them and none of them are having a midnight release :( I asked why and they just said they were told they weren't.

So now I have 2 options.

1. Stay up late on Friday so that on Saturday night I'll be tired and go to sleep early so that I wake up early on Sunday to get the game as soon as Gamestop opens.
2. Go to Wal-Mart at midnight to see if they have the games for sale at 12.

Unfortunately I can't do both. :sniff:

Anyone elses Gamestop screwed them out of 12 hours of Brawlage? :)

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be rude and say we don't need a midnight release and I certainly think its stupid to wait until the very first second the game is officialy "out" to get it. But if you are close to these shop unlike me well I don't see much of a problem.. but still.

We are not getting a midnight release here, as far as I know, but it doesn't matter. My friend is getting it later and it'll come at my house so we can play. So even if it was released at midnight and he went for it, we wouldn't be playing until later.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
um, i preordered mine so that it is being mailed to me

so im gonna have to wait for 2-5 days before i get mine

so if you think its bad that you have to go 12 hours without playing brawl, you need to think about me waiting 2-5 days.

Isis

Smash Rookie
I have this problem that I hate being left out. So at midnight I'll know that some of my online friends are going to be playing the game before me because they did get midnight releases. I don't really care about "playing the game early." I wouldn't mind no midnight release if NOBODY got one. But since I'm one of the few thats not getting one, I feel like crap.

Isis

Smash Rookie
um, i preordered mine so that it is being mailed to me

so im gonna have to wait for 2-5 days before i get mine

so if you think its bad that you have to go 12 hours without playing brawl, you need to think about me waiting 2-5 days.
I don't understand why you ordered yours online. Do you not have a car or parent or friend to drive you? Or are you just lazy hehe.

True Fool

Smash Ace
For those of us that go to church, and hate sunday traffic, midnight release is a god-send. When I preordered at GameCrazy they told me that they were doing a midnight release, and I plan to call them and make myself positive of it, or I'm going to Wal-mart or somewhere else.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have this problem that I hate being left out. So at midnight I'll know that some of my online friends are going to be playing the game before me because they did get midnight releases. I don't really care about "playing the game early." I wouldn't mind no midnight release if NOBODY got one. But since I'm one of the few thats not getting one, I feel like crap.
Only a small fraction of people are actually getting the game at midnight, it's more like your one in the majority...and the other people are a few

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
I feel that way too when there popular games around yet I am unable to obtain one. If you're lucky, maybe your Wal-Mart will be open, like mine used to be...until the Katrina Evacuees started their turf wars with it.

hopp

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping my bro will get it at midnight, wich he probably will so I can pull up an all nighter and wake up at 3p.m. to play it even more. Haha I love being under 15years of age.

Isis

Smash Rookie
Ok if my friend comes over, I'll probably check at Wal-mart, as we go to Walmart at midnight every few days anyway. If she doesn't, theeen I'll go to sleep early.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Walmart SHOULD have the game, and they should be selling it at midnight. It won't be anything special like Gamestop would, maybe a line of 4-5 people depending on the population of your area.

Top Bottom