• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My g-dorf

ThreeX

Smash Lord

Bailey

Smash Hero
Pretty ok Ganon just gotta work on a lot more Wave Landing from full jumped air attacks. Also practice getting on the stage with an U-Air

BEHR

Smash Hero
Nice Work in both videos I like them jabs you used.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Also I am pretty positive that Ganon can Chain Grab a Bowser from like 0%-75% or something and can finish it off with an U-Air or B-Air Even a F-Air I believe.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Pretty ok Ganon just gotta work on a lot more Wave Landing from full jumped air attacks. Also practice getting on the stage with an U-Air
mmhm :$ i can usually ledge hop uair e-z, just sometimes i mess up, but yea.. somethin i need to master :\ and chain grabbing, yea i gotta work on that too, I never really used it when i first picked him up lol

Bailey

Smash Hero
It is really easy to do with Ganon they can either go in front or behind not that much crazy DI. Also at the beginning of same CG you can Over-B them any direction and it will hit them.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I'm really bad at chaingrabbing spacies, like..what grab should i use if they're at really low percent? or maybe like 50-60%? Also, i was talking to a mattdotzeb, he said in the beginning I should mix it up a little, maybe down throw-->up-->down-->up then.. back to whatever, is that good or nah?

Bailey

Smash Hero
Against Falco I always use the D-Throw because it seems easy for me. I have seen others use U-Throw to Down B. Against Fox though normally I just D-Throw twice (if I get it) then U-Throw, Tech Chase to a D-Air or a B-Air. I don't normally CG Fox that much.

Magus420

Smash Master
Something to remember about CGing is when you need to JC grab them when they DI behind you have to hit backwards VERY fast when you go to begin the dash behind or you lag in turnaround for a little bit and will miss the grab usually.

It's particularly important for Bowser's since he's so heavy you have barely enough time to turn for 1 frame, dash for 1, jump for 1, then begin the grab when he's at very low damage. The extreme slowness of the throw for him also requires getting used to if you aren't to make sure you don't try to begin the grab before you can start to move.

If you take longer than 1 frame to go from neutral to like 3/4 of the way behind on the analog you instead take 6-7 frames to turnaround before you actually begin dashing behind. When this happens you usually just end up grabbing in front of you since you JC your turnaround into the grab instead of JCing the dash that doesn't come out.

It's probably good to make it a habit to really mash the analog behind you when doing it, especially if your analog is more sensitive and/or stiffer than most controllers.

For spacies at really low damage I'd recommend d-throw to jab and JC regrab or some other follow up, or d-throw then run and get right ontop of them and forward-b in either direction as they hit the ground for an easy techchase. If they hit the ground with a bit of space between you a d-smash just as they touch the ground will also hit them if they do anything but techroll away, while an ontop forward-b away or down-b away will cover all but a techroll behind. If a platform is right in front/above you you can u-throw them to be able to punish their landing on the platform if they DI away or get a hit if they DI elsewhere.

At mid damage you can do the same techchasing with d-throw, d-throw to f-tilt if near the edge and they DI towards it, u-throw to a platform, or try to CG with d-throw if Falco (don't bother trying it on Fox really). If you grab them at like 100%+ a d-throw will easily set up an f-tilt regardless of DI, or if you react quickly a down-b will get away DI or no DI.

U-throw isn't very good to use when there isn't a platform they'd land on if they DI away and have room to tech away since they hit the ground further away from you and you can't cover their landing options as well as you would with a d-throw which keeps them close where you can get 3 out of the 4 in one move instead of 1 or 2 and be able to react to a techroll behind.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
thx magus, and bailey for the help, i really don't have to worry about fox with my ganon, I usually just pick falco against a fox, and i wish i had more ppl to play with, i have no friend's that actually play as falco, if they do..they're just messing around :\ TBH, i need to go to more tournaments.. hah but yeah, thx again

btw, posted another video, it's a ganon ditto

Bailey

Smash Hero
Rofl Magus. No problem pie I don't really play Ganon either I just played against Magus a bunch at that one Smashacre and played Phish-it too. I have been picking him up for teams though he is a beast.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yup, but one thing i don't understand.. how is he at the bottom of mid tier? like basically low tier.. he's so much better then that, is it his speed? like.. he's so strong + sick recover, i don't get it

Top Bottom