• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My friends are imbeciles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
Okay, everyone over in the sheik section is pissed at me for switching to mario. go figure.

But now my friends want me to switch back to shiek, because of the tier advantage. Sure, it makes me more comfortable when I play, because she has the stigma. But everyone has combos on her, as she does on them. Mario can recover faster, and he's floatier, making him much less comboable. That's a big plus. Sheik has few mindgames, too. It's just needles, slaps, and stage spikes. Mario has the Foxtrot, SHABAWD, the better wavedash, and the easier dashdance. I don't like the stigma of being high tier, I like being on the edge of my seat, having a challenge.

Should I switch?

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Honestly dude, its up to you, if ur friend's really care so much about what character you play, they need to focus more upon themselves. Pick w/e char u like more, or play both.....

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
Okay. I won't switch... Why is it that everyone wants me to be Sheik? Really, if they want to have a Sheik on the team, why don't they force it on someone else? I was the best Sheik Santa Fe ever had, sure. I give them that much. Someone else needs to take the title. I'm gonna stick with Mario

iankobe

Smash Lord
It really depends on you....but tell you what, I personally love to plya with Mario because he is simply a more fun character than Shiek. Even though Mario is a lower Tier, playing as him is more fun.

But again, its your choice.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Don't listen to what others tell you. You don't need to play high tier. Smash is about fanservice, being crazy, and being fun.

I, too, like a challenge. Once I reach the top I want more or want to start from square one. I don't want to be laying back. I want fist to be flying and shaking my friend's hand saying, "That was a **** good game." If your friends want you to be Shiek, but you don't, too bad. Why do they want you too? That's what there used to? They'd rather play Shiek? Seems to me like they don't care about what you think.

Stay Mario man. *thumbs up*

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Well, it's really all up to you--what's your main motivation for picking up a character? Because if you intend to do well in tourneys, then you might as well stick with Sheik. Screw the stigma, screw the fact that she's boring and too easy to use. . .if you want to win, then stick with Sheik. (Or the spacies, if you really want to put effort into winning).

If your main motivation is to have fun, then Mario is a reasonable character to choose. His combos are relatively easy to pull off, he has insane edgeguarding, and he performs pretty consistently against much of the cast, barring floaties with high priority. Plus, some of his stuff looks **** cool. SHAWABDs? Bob$-style edgeguarding? Shffl'd u-air chains Brown-Mario style? They all look hot.

There's also the fact that not many smashers actually use Mario. I was talking to a fellow smasher who was perplexed as to WHY I would choose Mario in the first place. . .he talked as if I went out of my way to pick (what he believed to be) an underwhelming character. And that's pretty much how everyone else out there thinks. Almost nobody uses Mario, so if you do choose to pick the character, you can take pride in being one of the few who actually main him.

But again, figure out your motivation for picking a character--obviously, some characters are better suited for winning, while other characters are better suited for just having fun. Once you figure that out, you'll know who to choose.

And just for the record, Sheik is a *****.

Chanx

Smash Rookie
I agree 100% to go for Mario.

I mained falco for a while, often beating many of my friends. I started playing around with other characters when I discovered Luigi. I've been using him ever since. I haven't had quite as many wins against my friends, but I'm having the time of my life. They always ask me "Why'd you switch?" And I simply go, BECAUSE OF THIS, KAPOW!! Then real-life green missle misfire them.

No I made that last part up.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Stick to Mario. A much more fun and edge of your seat character. With sheik ..you probably know your gonna win, but with mario, its much more a challenge, making the game more fun. Stick to Mario

Sheik's better, Mario's CAN be funner. Sheik does have bad match ups, but not the worst. Play them both I say. Don't start threads asking who to play as, it's always better to makr that judgment yourself.
*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom