• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My friend could use some tips (Video)

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Hate to be that guy but.... bump.

There is hardly a PM scene where we live, so we pretty much only play each other. Any kind of outside help is appreciated greatly.

@ZeroZephos

Last edited:

Scraket

Smash Ace
Erm, well I'll try. Lucas's best aspect imo is his combo game, which was kind of missing from your friend's Lucas. There's a LOT more that can be done with Lucas like double jump canceling for example(heres a link[Project M] Lucas Tutorial: DJC Aerials) and psi magnet combos. I would advise your friend to first get more comfortable with Lucas's movement since his movement wasn't very smooth and to study up on videos of high level Lucas gameplay since watching some of the best Lucas' on youtube (like Neon or Pink Fresh) really helped out my own Lucas. Oh and be aware that there will be a lot of 3.02 Lucas vids and not 3.5 Lucas vids
Hope this will help!

Last edited:

TheAlchemist

Smash Rookie
Just like what Scraket said, you want to try to utilize Lucas's tech to your advantage. Understand that Super Smash Brothers is all about options, and the best option at the right time always wins. Try to familiarize yourself with what Lucas can actually do as a SSB character and try to examine his talents to your liking and play. Watching videos on youtube and reading the Smash bros wiki to understand some of the common tech skills can help you a lot. One thing that helped me become a better Lucas(or so I hope) was by just playing around with Lucas's attacks and how to moves around the playing field. Take some time and go to Training Mode and practice some of his moves on NCPs that stand still. Once you think you understand all of his moves, go to a normal game and play against lvl 3 NPCs, and practice comboing on them. Again, watch videos and see how other people play, and try to use what you see for yourself. There are a lot of ways you can improve yourself in Smash brothers. Believe me with Super Smash Brothers you can only get better, so just try and use your time on the basics and move up. Take it easy and slow :D Good Luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom