• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My first PM tourney experience

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Well I finally had my first tournament at old school onslaught yesterday in cincinnati Ohio. I was very pleased to how well I preformed but not how I placed per say. Not sure what it is yet something like 13th outta 30 something. I could have won a match that would have placed me in the somewhere in the top 10. It seemed to me that I really have a good handle on Samus as a character I just need more experience playing against the other people in the cast on a high level. I have only brawl experience when it comes to that and thats where I believe I suffered. I just didn't know how to escape a couple things correctly that got me killed really early. Pikachu's thunder is ridiculous. My match vs Shenanigans was so close all I needed was on hit for too long :(. First game I got Hatz's Charizard down to last stock then he just turned up and beasted me. Once he started using nair against my missles the tides turn pretty dramatically; probably shoulda Zair'd more. Only person that really destroyed me was Hanky Panky's Peach...dear god that was not cool lol. I got in some nice SWD's and DSWD's in my matches though so I won in style points :). hahaha All in all it was fun and I just think that if I can get a lot of practice against better players and against a wide variety of characters then I will be do a lot better. That and I need to get that clutch factor going. Too many times I lost in matches where I had them down to one stock with me in the lead and I blew it.

Litt

Samus
Sorry to hear that bro (that you were displeased with your placing), I just got my first 2nd place at a PM tourney out of like 28 and Im pretty pumped that im taking winning more seriously now

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
awesome congrats on that. I will keep training and get there. I wasn't far off from most the matches I did lose; soooo close. Who did you play against that you lost to?

Litt

Samus
Fox player from CT, lost 2-3 in WF and GF I just didn't have it in me to do another long set, on top of an essay I needed to finish that night

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
ah well you did amazing I have more training to do ahead of me to reach my goals. I need to see how more good Samus' play.

Litt

Samus
Yeah dude, Im picking up G&W as a secondary atm because well samus sucks and I can't move as well with her as I would like xD, ill still try to use her as much as I can, but that tourney gave me a good bit of perspective as to what it takes to actually win with her :(

Litt

Samus
The grueling full 5 game set of WF that made it clear to me how limited I was by the neutral game of my opponent... fox wasn't horrible in melee, but because of the one frame built in lag to PM, tech chased are free up smashes, and if fox just chooses to recover to the middle of the stage, instead of go for the ledge, he lives forever :(

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Ah yea well thats fox for ya. He can be tricky to get your hands on thats for sure. Haven't fought any really good spacey mains yet.

Top Bottom