• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My First Guide Incomplete

pankuma

Smash Rookie
Uhh, Well first off lets get off by saying this. I read this other guide about sonic and it seemed really really good on alot of key terms, but there is some stuff i wanted to point out into adding and into consideration what the effects of these moves could go. Im not the best at the game nor do i ever plan on being the best. In fact i barely say im mediocre , but i have fun. Anyway i wanted point out the sutff that could happen with sonic so in this guide im going to have examples of sonic his moves his flaws what could happen if u did the moves wrong how to come back and maybe you guys can post some helpful hints for me to. Im mostly posting this because i use this strat alot and it helps. Here goes.

Pros and Cons: (Lets get it out of the way)

Sonic is fast: Yeah awsome for hitting damage if u can dodge and know how to predict moves. Sonic is really good at messing a enemy up mentally. So thats good. He is fast can launch alot of attacks can dodge and recovery with speed isnt bad. Here is the bad thing of being fast. It can be a b**ch to control his speed. Sometimes u can be running away and be off the edge (If your a nub) but mostly attacks because hes so fast when dodge rolling (side to side to do damge ill explain later) u can hit a player like 15 times if u do it right. Its spamming noobish and dumb if you do spam it tho, but they go to swing and u could have allready pulled a circle into their attack. again a noob way to die.

Sonic has no ko moves: If u dont know that quit sonic unless you are learning. The thing is he has low priority and can be timed out easily by someone who watched a youtube video enough times. I mean it can be hard but with speed u can gather some strength. So mostly c stick moves near the edge is sonics only way to knock out. Barrage of air attacks (up kicks) to knock them out works too, but again low prioty so if u use up attack and they use down theres a good chanse you are going to get hit there.

Anyway theres more pros and cons i just wanted to admit those.

Sonic strat.

Well like i said i usually attack useing the dodge roll (I use gb controller so its R and Movement stick) back and forth to get around 40 damage and thats when they start to fly a little. Once they get into the air its more of a even game. I sometimes elude my match to attack in the air once that gets some lag on their character and thats when i attack. Allways ALLWAYS idleize the time it takes to recover from a attack. Sonics main enemies are characters who can knock you out with 40 % ike for instance has like a ANTI SONIC combo going on. His C stick alone allmost blocks him from all sides if u get near him. So when the attack hits the ground (Or hits your shield if u block it) thats the time. Another thing is sonic... very very lightweight, For someone who eats chili dogs all the time the guy sure doesnt show it. Honestly at 60-70 damage he can get knocked out by a normal A button attack from Gannon (If used right) so be careful. Illusion is your best friend sometimes. Dont spam the running ball ( > > A) to attack enemies. It does some damage and can get them in the air, but dont spam it. Use alot of kicks or c stick left right on them. Dont spam that either. Use everything of his in moderation because it can all be used.

Dont use sonic as a air attacker, I used shiek as a air attacker on melee and it worked fine, but on this its harder. sonic is vunerable in the air so when useing air attacks be careful, They can turn on you. U can sometimes gimp enemies with the homing attack if you time that right too.

Well im not done yet i just have to go do some stuff. Ill be back to finish. Leave me some comments to know what i should change cuz i just started to play as sonic a few days ago... 2 days?

No bad comments please....

BY THE WAY

if you dont think the guide is helpful in the long run, there is some key points u can add with other key points to make ur own custom strat. Im not good at putting it together but yeah...

Top Bottom