• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My first experience with anyone.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I actually thought it was quite humorous because it was exactly what I expected...
of course it was a 4 player FFA
Items were set on very high
The stage was Hyrule temple
The characters being played were Pit, ike, and sonic and they all pretty much just sat there and spammed Fsmash left and right

Mega lag by the way.

I was really hoping after the first match that it was just 1 person that chose Hyrule temple... nope, I played 4 more matches all on the same stage.

My later matches weren't much different now on to the question

Judging by the people you meet on wi-fi "with anyone" how much of the smash community would you say is a total noob?

rufasa85

Smash Rookie
i had a match today on with anyone where everyone chose ike and no one swapped colors, so it was almost impossible to figure out which one you were. and the lag greatly helps slow chars like ike since you cant react as quickly to his fsmash and such.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
For some reason, my With Anyone matches really aren't that bad. I can get into a match in a minute or two. Most matches are on stages like FD or other decent stages. Never played on Hyrule or some other dum map while playing this. It's also pretty fun cuz you get to pwn noobs xD. Pretty much what I do when nobody on my friend list is online. And lag isn't usually too mmuch of an issue, about 1/4 of matches are laggy.

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
I've actually never been able to play a "with anyone" match still. But you do have to take into account that Nintendo Markets for kids, so you have to assume a lot of players are young. Now, if you were up late playing, then it probably doesn't apply here, but not everyone playing smash now has played the first two.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
The item rules and lag are extremely random. I've had completely lagless matches on FD with no items, and I've had extreme frame-by-frame matches on norfair with only poke'balls on very high. There are definitely way too many spammers, though.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
I get good lag half the time, the other half is a .5 second delay.

BFCSX

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I have only found 2 matches in total on that mode - and I have played over 100 friends matches too! Search every possible second of the day, open ports, change router settings, and still nothing. So, basically I really never even got a chance to play a "With Anyone" match seriously.

Nymphetamine

Smash Apprentice
ive clicked on "With anyone" once and it was 2 players with my self and 2 gay *** computers with weapons on high...wtf? so i just left and do "With Freinds" only now

ReploidArmada

Smash Rookie
1) VVZ = troll.
2) In "With Anyone" matches, computer players will take control over from anyone who disconnects, either by choice or not.

Also, I've had random issues with lag too. It depends less on the match and more on the people playing the match. If someone's connection is failing, the match will play out like a bad action movie. For the uninformed, that means really slowly.

Top Bottom