• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Falco feels utterly pathetic

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
today, i got owned by.... Wolf. The guy that plays him is VERY spammy, and idk how to win. All he does is shoot his lasers half way across the stage, making land approaches impossible and deflections that hit impossible as well. I jump and Bair or Dair, but he always just shields and Dsmashes. i try to get my laser game and CG game going, but he reflects the lasers and he has too much range on me (especially his friggin F-smash). I do gimp his recovery, but I just cant win. Suggestions?

Airborne

Smash Lord
why dont u laser back and wait for him to approach; sidestep and shield his barrages and punish him with the CG, or something that suits the situation. and he is playing a horrible wolf if he isn't using is dsmash only as a killmove; that, bair, and dair are the only ways wolf can kill early. otherwise, he's just building you up to about 150-170% til he can finally take you out. i second wolf so i know what makes him tick.

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
i do chain grab him when he tries to Nattack, he does smash side and down smash alot, so ur saying just to fire back and await the approach?

Ger-Man

Smash Rookie
I highly reccomend the constant fire stratagy in this situation as well, because your lasers should come out more frequently and faster (not to mention the fact that yours travel longer before diminishing) forcing him to stop shooting you. From there it should be a cake walk. Just shine his Fsmash and dair his Dsmash. I hope this helps.

J1nx

Smash Rookie
dunno about this but just try running through his lasers to get to him and remember to shield when he smashes then punish with cg.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Falco's laser > wolf's laser. Just focus on making him come to you, and when he's close, just shieldgrab everything, or ftilt into grab, all that good stuff. Dthrow almost every grab, chainthrow into spike if percents work out, otherwise DAC at the end of your grab chain. Wolf's Fsmash is laggy at the end, so it's an easy grab opportunity. In the air, use Nair to lead into the ground for potential combos, and bair in the air because it's ridiculously fast. Reflector is good for spacing. Falco has the upper hand here, you should be able to get back on track if you focus on the usual falco tactics, just plan ahead and stay relatively defensive. Hope that helped.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
create a brick wall to his strategy. Keep reflecting till he gets frustrated and tries to rush you, then 0-death him with CG

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Basically, it just sounds like you have less patience than he does. The lasers disappear after they fly so far, so just wait for him if that happens. But, from what you said, just maintain a safe distance and reflect the lasers until he loses patience. It just sounds like he's spamming lasers to get you to chase him and create awkward spacing for you...so don't chase him. Let him come to you. Falco plays a much better defensive/punishing game than an offensive/MK-style game.

Top Bottom