• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Dream Patch 1.2.0 Part 3: Engine Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.A. Gamer

Smash Cadet
These are just somethings in the Sm4sh engine itself I would change:

1. Add 3 more frames before dropping shield possible - reducing shield viability slightly

2. Reduce Rage increase to 1.12 x - (keeping hype, lessening jank)

3. Greatly increase dash distance, making dash dancing viable again - (more high speed movement in neutral)

4. Allow for cancelling dash with crouch, and cancelling crouch with dash (SSF2 Dash Cancelling if you are aware) - (same reason as dashdancing)

5. Greatly increase distance slid by perfect pivoting across the board - (same reason as dash dancing)

6. Add 10 more vulnerable frames after airdodging (except mewtwo, he keeps the 3 from the nerf thread) - (making airdodges more punishable, less spammable)

7. Increase fast fall speed across the board (keeps IMO perfect floatiness, but allows for fast attacks on command)

8. Redo ledgetrump system. (something to reduce edgetrapping and increase offstage play)

Since 8 is more ambigous, here is my suggestion:

a) Ledge Trumping puts opponents directly below player (allowing for more creative edgeguards than just a b-air)
b) Ledgehogging is possible for the first 4 frames on ledge (like 2 framing)

Anything really to encourage more risky offstage play instead of waitnig for them to recover and edgetrapping (other than just reintroducing ledgehogging, be more creative)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom