• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Custom Super Smash Bros 4 Graphics!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I've been flexing my Photoshop muscles lately, and I also got my hands on those 5000x5000 character renders, as well as ultra high res versions of the game's logos.

So, I've decided to start making custom graphics (desktop wallpapers, phone wallpapers, etc), and hosting them in a Dropbox folder. I've just started doing it, so not much is available, but I want to expand it over time.

Feel free to download and use anything you like, and if you would like to request something (be they some kind of new composition or a custom resolution for an existing piece, or even specific edits such as silhouettes), feel free to leave a post detailing your request!

By default, I do intend to make a desktop wallpaper for each confirmed character on their own and I have a simple template in mind, so there is no need to ask for that (unless you want some really specific background or something). I also make a 1080p, 720p, and 1366x768 version of each desktop wallpaper by default.

The link to the Dropbox folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qee8h8t8j6u66ok/AABQIu49tta5VvRDWdcWDItEa

So remember, if you want any custom Smash Bros graphics, be they for wallpapers or some kind of tournament flier, or anything, feel free to ask. Just note that I do not encourage claiming any of the assets contained in these images as your own (as they will mostly belong to Nintendo, save for anything original I add) and if you intend to use my images for anything remotely commercial, you should include that in your request, since I myself did not create these character renders (obviously).

Some previews:

Character Wallpapers

Mario Series (including Yoshi)

Zelda Series

Pokémon Series

Donkey Kong Series

Kirby Series

Metroid Series

Fire Emblem Series

Kid Icarus Series

Starfox/Punch-Out/Wii Fit/Pikmin/Animal Crossing/Mii Series:

Third Party Series

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So here's the format I want to use for the character wallpapers:

-Character portrait on the right
-Smash logo on the top left
-Logo for the character's debut game below that (for characters with odd debuts like Mario, who wasn't "Mario" in the original Donkey Kong, I will also include their first major game of their own series)
-The character's name tag, with their series logo
-Background gradient like the light blue one behind every character on their profile page, except I will change the colour to match whatever colour they have in the background of their icon on the Smash website's homepage

Would people like a format like this?
I was going for something that might look official and would be at home on the official website.

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
I think I would want the wallpapers without the original game logos: just to focus on the Smash game, rather than the character.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Do you mean you can mimic the graphics of Wii U and 3DS models to make very convincing fake photos, or, do you mean you can edit characters in images to create a whole new image and make it as close to the original product as possible?

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
These are really good. The Smash Ball in the Super Bash Sisters logo looks a little off. Maybe put the black outline around the whole ball.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think I would want the wallpapers without the original game logos: just to focus on the Smash game, rather than the character.
Well if you want to focus on the Smash game, I plan on making a wallpaper with the entire cast when the game comes out/when we definitely know the full roster, which won't have the original game logos. I needed some thing to fill out that otherwise bare space in single character wallpapers, and it seemed appropriate, given the historical element of Smash.

Do you mean you can mimic the graphics of Wii U and 3DS models to make very convincing fake photos, or, do you mean you can edit characters in images to create a whole new image and make it as close to the original product as possible?
I'm not sure what you mean by the latter, but I'm not looking to make any fake leaks or anything.

These are really good. The Smash Ball in the Super Bash Sisters logo looks a little off. Maybe put the black outline around the whole ball.
I was thinking on doing that. Might do it at some point in the future.

You should add Marth to the Super Bash Sisters as a joke.
....God damn it I'm tempted...just make it subtle or something...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well if you want to focus on the Smash game, I plan on making a wallpaper with the entire cast when the game comes out/when we definitely know the full roster, which won't have the original game logos. I needed some thing to fill out that otherwise bare space in single character wallpapers, and it seemed appropriate, given the historical element of Smash.

I'm not sure what you mean by the latter, but I'm not looking to make any fake leaks or anything.

I was thinking on doing that. Might do it at some point in the future.

....God damn it I'm tempted...just make it subtle or something...
I mean if you wanted to you could make very convincing models for SSB4 without them being official models.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean if you wanted to you could make very convincing models for SSB4 without them being official models.
OH...well, I am learning 3D modelling, but I'm a novice, so you won't see me making models. However, I could use Gmod models for posing, but other than Sonic (who'd actually look better than his Smash model), they wouldn't look on the same level as the Smash 4 models, as most would be Wii models.

If you are talking about editing character renders or screenshots for a different flavour, I can certainly do that kind of thing:

Put him behind ZSS, Rosalina, and Sheik.

Also, you forgot to add FemVillager too.
Didn't forget about FemVillager, there simply isn't any high quality render of her. I could cut her out of the screenshots, but she would look noticeably blurrier, and it would be inconsistent with the fact I'm using official portraits for the others.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
OH...well, I am learning 3D modelling, but I'm a novice, so you won't see me making models. However, I could use Gmod models for posing, but other than Sonic (who'd actually look better than his Smash model), they wouldn't look on the same level as the Smash 4 models, as most would be Wii models.

If you are talking about editing character renders or screenshots for a different flavour, I can certainly do that kind of thing:

Didn't forget about FemVillager, there simply isn't any high quality render of her. I could cut her out of the screenshots, but she would look noticeably blurrier, and it would be inconsistent with the fact I'm using official portraits for the others.
That is close to what I meant. I will keep my eye on this forum and bring something once I figure out what I would like.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
You should remake the Super Bash Sisters one. It was a fun idea, but badly executed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You should remake the Super Bash Sisters one. It was a fun idea, but badly executed.
Other than fixing up the logo and throwing in Marth for comedic effect, there is nothing I feel needs to be done. The basic look and pink-to-white gradient is done on purpose, as it matches the light blue-to-white gradient that appears behind the official character renders, and most Super Smash Bros wallpapers are based off of it, so I simply changed it to pink for the Sisters version:

Last edited:

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
I mean how it's incredibly obvious you photoshopped the "SISTERS" part in. It looks like it's badly shopped, compared to BASH for example.
I'm not talking about the design choice, more about the actual shoppin' skill.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well it's not exactly any different to the "Bash" side. I literally did the exact same thing, but the "I" and "T" in "Sisters" had to be custom made. If you're talking about how it looks like it's at an angle, that was intentional.

It looks similar enough to the actual font, so I'm happy. There are other things I want to touch up for it though.

However, I'm focused on the individual character wallpapers for now (see the Mario, Luigi, and Rosalina examples posted earlier in the thread). Currently have the Mario series (including Yoshi), Donkey Kong series, Zelda series, Metroid series, and Pokémon series representatives done. I might stop today though, and do the remaining 13 characters tomorrow.

I'll be uploading all of these in bulk when they are done, so no need to look for them yet.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've switched over to my phone now, doesn't work there either. Just says "resource not found" on both devices.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Updated the OP with previews all of my Character Wallpapers, uncompressed versions 1080p/720p/1366x768 found in the Dropbox folder.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Can you make a wallpaper with every single announced character so far and a slick background? These are nice you seem up to the job

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was going to save the full roster wallpaper for when the entire roster is known, so I can better organise them in the composition. Otherwise, I'll have to completely re-arrange it every time a new character is announced, which will get tedious.

Thank you for the compliments though, and if ya'll have something specific in mind involving your favourites, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
These are pretty good! I've made a collage of all the currently confirmed characters but it really isn't as good as the ones you made.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I'm also curious where all these photoshop character mash-ups are coming from... They go hand-in-hand with wallpapers, right?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ah, I had already fixed that on Dropbox, but I was linking the previews from tumblr, so I forgot to change it there. It's fixed now.

Jexonite

Smash Rookie
If you could make a custom SSB4 logo with the name (Jexonite), that'd be nice. Your photoshopping skill are amazing, BTW.

Top Bottom