• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My custom music doesn't work.

LTROwen

Smash Rookie
NNID
Endless_Nine
Are they BRSTM files? You can't just paste an mp3/wav/whatever, has to be the proper format.
Also make sure you know what song you're placing it over and make sure that song is what appears using My Music.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Are they BRSTM files? You can't just paste an mp3/wav/whatever, has to be the proper format.
Also make sure you know what song you're placing it over and make sure that song is what appears using My Music.

Yes, they are the proper format.

They were working up until I updated for 3.0

The files are still there, but they don't work.

Lethalx

Smash Cadet
you probably have to defrag your sd card same thing happen to me. Dl Auslogics DiskDefrag choose your sd card and it should work

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
So what exactly is the problem in game? Do they freeze, make a bunch of static, or simply not appear?

Make sure they're under the projectm folder and not the private folder. 3.0 had changed how that works.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
gonna have to elaborate. As of 3.0, brstms go in "projectm>pf>sound>strm" as opposed to private>wii>etc. Maybe that's your problem.

Blue Bombardment

Smash Rookie
Having the same problem as this guy. I've tried formatting and defragging my SD card and neither worked. When I try to listen to a song I've replaced in-game it plays a distorted version of the original song (usually sped up) with weird sound levels (going quiet then spiking up). I'm playing on a modded PAL Wii using an NTSC Brawl disc on Neogamma. The same thing also happens with some songs that P:M replaces by default (25m -> Kongo Jungle).

Any ideas?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Having the same problem as this guy. I've tried formatting and defragging my SD card and neither worked. When I try to listen to a song I've replaced in-game it plays a distorted version of the original song (usually sped up) with weird sound levels (going quiet then spiking up). I'm playing on a modded PAL Wii using an NTSC Brawl disc on Neogamma. The same thing also happens with some songs that P:M replaces by default (25m -> Kongo Jungle).

Any ideas?
Try deleting the BRSTMs off your SD card and copying them over again. They just glitch up like that sometimes and I don't know why.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Try deleting the BRSTMs off your SD card and copying them over again. They just glitch up like that sometimes and I don't know why.

It means he needs to defragment his SD card. The glitch primarily occurs when you're running low on space and pile a lot of BRSTMs on the card. Defragmenting will solve the problem.

Blue Bombardment

Smash Rookie
So I finally figured out what was going wrong. I tried formatting and the SD card wasn't fragmented at all so I didn't need to/couldn't defrag. For some reason a particular song was causing it (Mortal Kombat 2 Theme over Menu 1). I have no idea why it also made all of the other songs mess up. Oh well, at least it's working now.

Top Bottom