• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My custom levels - I want your opinions

RetroStu

Smash Rookie
Hi
I've made a bunch of levels and want some opinions on how they look and if they need adjusting or scraping.

Barrel Inferno
This was my first level so it's a little basic and probably my least favorite

Woolly World
This is inspired by Yoshi's Woolly World and its basically a bunch of blocks and pencils covered with a cloth

Sky Ride
This is my attempt at a scrolling level, since the editor doesn't allow you make proper scrolling levels i decided to use the moving platforms to give it a feel of one.

Lava Lake
This is inspired by the old school 2d Mario platformers, the one thing I'm not sure about is if its a good idea to have the lava on the bottom of the 4 blocks since the CPU sometimes gets stuck bouncing back and forth and take a little while to escape.

Fire Lift
Another semi scrolling level but on a smaller scale. Two thing i'm not sure about is whether I should space out the fire balls and also whether i should make the top one long platform instead of having it in peices like it is now.

Canopy Chaos
My favorite level so far and this is inspired by the Donkey Kong Country games. I also have 4 partially hidden barrels that are a nod to the bunus barrels in the old games

Scales Of Fire
The only issue i have with this one is the CPU sometimes can get confused when on the opposite side of the level.

Shapes
My latest map which is made out of various shapes and so far seems to play pretty good.

Ceres Impact

Final Battle
Changed it up a bit and it's now more CPU friendly

Jungle Rumble
Another Donkey Kong inspired stage

Star Fighter
A Starwing inspired stage

Tetris Arena
a level made out of Tetris blocks

Heroes Tools
A Legend of Zelda themed level in which you fight on the master sword and shield

Super Mario Alt
A Super Mario World inspired level. The top section is inspired by the start of the very first level, I'm not yet convinced about this one so may get rid of it in the future.

I will post new levels here as i make them to get opinions on them. I've also avoided posting this in the competitive custom stage thread since these are more about just having fun and nothing serious. Lastly if you think a level is rubbish please say it and tell me why so i can improve when making future ones

Last edited:

RetroStu

Smash Rookie
added 3 new levels to the original post.
Tetris Arena
Heroes Tools
Super Mario Alt

Top Bottom